Dr. Diep: FUT 5397 grafts on April 22, 2015

orwell

• Administrators

Looks pretty good, definitely age appropriate I assume you're what 57 now? couple of years you'll be 60, if I have that much hair when im almost 60 i'll be more than happy. You could do another FUE to make the hairline and midscalp denser, leave the crown as is it looks fine.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Here's a couple more pictures at 11 months. Pretty much the same as it was at seven months, I think. The haircut is shorter than I like but maybe that's just as well.

It didn't seem to me I followed the typical pattern. It didn't seem like the hair fell out at one month. I could be wrong, maybe I just wasn't keeping track well enough, but I felt like it just all stayed in. And so at six months it was there. Whereas I had read that at six months you're supposed to be at only 50%.

So, not much different than before. The crown area is still thin but I think I need to expect that---there are only so many hairs to go around. One pic is a closeup of the hairline if you care about those things. I'm not sure what more info I can give. (I know I'm pretty bad at taking pictures myself.) Actually I cannot find the scar anymore visibly...I was just checking using a couple of mirrors.

I expect to go back to visit Dr. Diep for a one year followup next month. So if there's anything significant to mention after that I'll post it.

so you didn't have the post-op shed ugly duckling stage? that's the second Dr. Diep patient that didn't go through the ugly duckling phase that I have read about on this site. I am 30 days post op and waiting for these hairs to shed already!

You got good coverage considering the amount of loss you had. I follow all of Dieps cases and wondering if this video is you? Glad you are happy that is all that matters really.

Yeah. I didn't know that was online.

so you didn't have the post-op shed ugly duckling stage? that's the second Dr. Diep patient that didn't go through the ugly duckling phase that I have read about on this site. I am 30 days post op and waiting for these hairs to shed already!

Well, it wasn't pretty. It was short hair and red scalp. Uneven hair lengths. As I mentioned earlier I wore a hat for four and a half months. But I wasn't aware of any significant shedding.