Hello all, my brief story

Durhamboy

Had various transplants over the years starting in the mid 90s with the butcher from the Norton Clinic in Yorkshire. Then had a procedure with Paul Rose in Tampa who did some frontal work in 2002, before recommending Dr Frechet in Paris. 4 procedures on from 2003 to the last one in 2013 including a Frechet Extender and my hair is falling out again.

I'm here as I don't know where to go next! I used Proscar up to about 18 months ago but it was having no affect and Dr Frechet said there was no benefit of continuing to use it. I got very little out of my last hair transplant with him in 2013 and feel a lot of my transplanted hair has fallen out over the years though they should have been there for life. I've emailed him recent photos but not had a reply.

I'm considering either Farjo Clinic or Crown Clinic in Manchester for a consultation but is there any point if the new hair either doesn't grow or falls out in a year to two years. The other issue I have is now a lack of donor hair around the back and sides.

Depressed? Most definitely and not sure which way to turn. Any advice, info be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi

Sorry to hear you have had some bad experiences, having myself had a very poor result in the UK I felt duty bound to comment.

In my opinion the only clinic in the UK worth looking at is Farjo, however when compared to some of the top surgeons he's only average at best, in addition very expensive.

You will get some really good advice from here and you will need to put up some pics. I went to Belgium for my second HT and had a wonderfull result, the price is also much better than UK.

Suggest you research this site well including the list of approved surgeons on this site.

Don't rush into another mistake.

Good luck

Thanks Nick, yes it looks a great place to be for information, advice, help and to share feedback experienced. Be interested in others opinions on who is the best out there in Europe or the UK? I liked Dr Rose and Shapiro is rated highly for the USA.

Question on Proscar/Propecia once stopped and then restarted is that adviseable or is a resistance built up over many years that remains with you if you restart at any time?

Any photos? I'm from London and went to Chicago for my HT. Dr Konior has a wide skill set for fixing problems such as yours having been Board Certified in Facial Plastics as well as Hair Transplants.

No harm seeing the other Drs you mention too. It sounds to me like you may be looking at an FUE surgery.

Although you may not have noticed much affect on proscar it may in fact have been slowing down the balding process. By how much we do not know, but it may be advisable to take it maybe 2 or 3 times a week if possible. Hopefully you had no side effects the last time around.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks mate,

I don't know how he prices his work but I think it is on a session size basis rather than numbers of grafts x $ rate. So he may have different costs for 1000, 1500, 2000 etc. His email address can be found by clicking the link on my signature.

There are cheaper options elsewhere like Turkey but the doctor won't necessarily be doing most of the work.

Thanks Gram was thinking of combining it with Proscar asap. Here some images after surgery in 2002 with Dr Rose and 2003 to 2005 with Dr Frechet. These were taken in 2005-2006.

I'll dig out the first photo where it all started so you can see I had very little initially so it wasn't a case of that falling out. Guess my point is I had so little to begin with why has so much of the transplanted hair fallen out now and IF I go for another procedure is it likely the same outcome will occur in 18 months time. Even in the last 3 months the loss has been huge and no idea why. :confused:

5b32e5d64a4c5_05046-Copy.jpg.76b511f59ad7c1ad026d79b5ab1d2b9b.jpg

5b32e5d65e4a7_0274-Copy.jpg.0799303c9fec1a3b5163e8c69a3a1c93.jpg

5b32e5d66c7d0_0361-Copy.jpg.c368d540f068e00ff6936669117bc43a.jpg

How successful was the Frechet extender?

Looking at how it works it basically pulls up the 'horseshoe' hair at the sides and reduces the bald area on top. What may have happened is that you continued to lose hair from the fringe areas over time which has led to the middle/crown thinning out., i.e. you have progressed from a NW5 to a NW6.

It looks like you still have a decent band of hair at the back and sides to be able to get some FUE grafts to increase density on top. All is not lost.

What are the scar(s) like at the back of your head?

Considering the date of your work, and if all the hair on top is transplanted, that's actually not that bad.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

How successful was the Frechet extender?

Looking at how it works it basically pulls up the 'horseshoe' hair at the sides and reduces the bald area on top. What may have happened is that you continued to lose hair from the fringe areas over time which has led to the middle/crown thinning out., i.e. you have progressed from a NW5 to a NW6.

It looks like you still have a decent band of hair at the back and sides to be able to get some FUE grafts to increase density on top. All is not lost.

What are the scar(s) like at the back of your head?

Very painful for 2 days but well worth it as it really did tighten a lot of skin/scalp allowing a great deal of grafts to be inserted into the scar and no sign of any work at all.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot to play with after 2 treatments with the butcher Norton, 1 with Dr Rose and 4 with Dr Frechet. Norton wasted an awful lot of good donor and left two nasty scars too which I have to cover with hair and can be seen when wet. No wonder he was struck off, terrible man.

Here is an image before any work done in 2002 aside Dr Norton mid to late 90s which yielded no growth anyway.

Do you think a combo of Proscar and Dutasteride might be worth trying before a consultation with someone highly respected and excellent in their field like Dr Konior? Had hoped with the amount of work I'd had done wouldn't have to go through all this again.

Imagine have enough for one last good transplant.

IMAG0687.jpg.8c7a3125fde5b79c75da1e2e9682b9bc.jpg