why wont my hair grow longer than 3-5 cm?

My hair is starting to get a little frizzy. Eeeek. Fingers crossed is because of the new humid place I live. Haven't really noticed it getting finer.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Most likely because the anagen state of growth is being shortened by the effects of DHT. Is the hair on top of your scalp frizzy or fine compared to the hair in the back and sides that can grow longer?

problem with this is that all my hair is frizzy, my hair on the back is more frizzy than the hair on the top.

Also been on finasteride for about 10 month

problem with this is that all my hair is frizzy, my hair on the back is more frizzy than the hair on the top.

Also been on finasteride for about 10 month

Then go see a local dermatologist but the short growth is indicative of a shorter growth phase. Also, I would suggest switching from "finasteride" ,assuming you mean the generic, to name brand Proscar.

Then go see a local dermatologist but the short growth is indicative of a shorter growth phase. Also, I would suggest switching from "finasteride" ,assuming you mean the generic, to name brand Proscar.

do you think proscar works better?

Sorry to the other poster for jumping on his post

The way i see these Meds from top to bottom for consistance results is Dut, propicia, proscar then last Gen Fin, would you agree Joe from what you have seen Pts over the yrs?

By "consistent" are you referring to efficacy? Dutasteride is stronger but ironically I have not seen it work consistently better than Proscar/Propecia. In many cases where I know someone has switched from Proscar or Propecia to Dutasteride the improvement has been obvious. But yes, I would recommend more than generic.

Yep joe , I was talking both really for the branded Meds as with the Gen Fin it seems like its a hit or miss with Pts which I'm trying to understand why is this the case as its still the same active stuff "Fin"as the branded stuff.

Maybe it could be that some people take better to Gens than branded or it could be as simple as the genes are different in everybody.

I've been on generic for pushing 5 years. But generic from Wal-Mart, not from an online store.

If I start losing I may switch to Proscar, I just don't understand why there would be a difference.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm not sure why it is but I've seen it enough and heard enough patients tell me straight up that they have noticed a difference and this was before I was even talking to them about it so there was no subconscious influence. I had one pharmacist tell me that I was right and he explained to me why but I don't have enough time to go into it at this time. I've spoken about it before so maybe a search will turn it up. I've always said if one is on generics and they feel it is working then it probably is, and the majority of patients will experience results no different than from name brand, but I know what I know and so do Dr. Wong and Dr. H as they specifically changed their prescriptions to state specifically that there are to be no generic substitutes.

I guess "SOME" of the companies who make the Gen stuff cuts corners by putting more fulllers than Fin or even just fullers. That's why some are lucky & some are not. Also it could be that some people nomatter what they are taking gen or brand there genes just won't except the drug.

Different folks , different strokes.

Makes you go hmmmm don't it?