Can i get adivce from doctors here if I am a good candidate- pics added

Hello guys

According to the online consultation with a clinic they did via viewing my pics they recommended 2700 grafts.What do you think guys, they also offered me that any extra grafts beyond 2700 are free.

My questions are

1- how many grafts do you think I need

2- Am I a good candidate?

Thanks so much

photo1.jpg.c2add5fcdcefcfce662ca5e7ed811dd9.jpg

Hello guys

According to the online consultation with a clinic they did via viewing my pics they recommended 2700 grafts.What do you think guys, they also offered me that any extra grafts beyond 2700 are free.

My questions are

1- how many grafts do you think I need

2- Am I a good candidate?

Thanks so much

I think the number of grafts you need depend on what your expectations are. Some guys are happy with very, very thin coverage over a large area, but most are not.

Also, think about this. There are guys who are norwood III's that get 2500+ grafts just in the front third or so and they still express some disappointment (they thought it would be thicker, one side is thinner than the other, etc).

You seem to be maybe at least a V. If I were you, I wouldn't let anyone touch me unless they carefully examined my donor area and could guarantee at least 4000 for the first pass. Even with that you will most likely want another 2k in a second procedure to at least then finally have "decent" coverage over the front and crown. You may not have that much donor so I would certainly find out what they feel your max is.

Just my opinion of course. I just feel if your gonna do it then really do it and try and do it right.

I would ask at least a couple different docs and myself (after much research) these questions (and hopefully get honest answers):

1. What's the caliber of my donor hair compared to the thousands of guys you've seen? Above average, average, below average. Thick caliber hair strands make a HUGE difference in how your HT will look.

2. What's my donor density? High, average, low.

3. How much laxity does my donor area have compared to others? Same scale as above. Scalp exercises may help with this but if you have really good laxity already then that's a big positive.

4. How many total grafts do you think I have available? They may not be able to answer this precisely but should come pretty close based on questions 2 and 3.

5. Am I willing to take Finasteride the rest of my life (or as long as I care about having hair). It looks likely that your crown and sides will progress to VI territory. What would be the point of maxing out your grafts on the top only to have your sides and crown keep expanding downward. That needs to be prevented as best you can. Currently, that's with fin or dut.

If I had your level of loss here's what the answers would need to be:

1. At least average. Thin, really straight hair stands are not good.

2. At least average.

3. Good laxity - above average.

4. 6000 minimum

5. Absolutely

If any ONE of the answers was not what I needed it to be then I would walk away, shave it all down, and try and enjoy life without hair.

guys what if I don't really care so much about doing the crown area, all I want to achieve is a hairline and a decent number of grafts on the top. I don't mind using after the HT toppik to give the illusive effect of volume. but definitely I don't want to use any meds after the transplant.

These question you listed hairlose1 are really eye opening I have never thought about.

I wish to ask members of this forum their opinion:

1- shall I just shave it off and accept the fact of being bald?

2- Shall I try the HT, with the focus on hairline and the top only without the crown.

3- I am confused about what NW scale I am, can someone try to be accurate in identifying my scale?

Thanks

yskhleif - I had my transplant with Transmed in May.

Not sure that everything above 2700 is free. What happens is you agree a figure after considering all the facts such as your goals, which you pay per graft. As strip is not an exact science, if they get 3000, the rest may be free.

Paying for 2700 and asking for 4000 is not something I think they do.

Transmed Webiste has a graft calculator, I would guess good coverage and density would mean 4 to 5k. Only a reasonable guess - try the calculator.

I was wondering if I could a feedback also from a doctor, and tell me what scale of NW am I? And would I achieve a decent result with the about 3000 grafts, with a focus on the hairline and the top, the crown is not a big concern to me.

Like, unless you made it blatantly clear that you wanted to go undergo multiple operations and obtain very thin density along the way, I fail to see the logic in how someone could proactively recommend 2700 for you. If money is a major concern I understand, but if it isn't there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't at least strive for -- and likely obtain -- more grafts in a single session, hopefully getting you to a point of contentment in one, nice and easy session. Also, even if you *just* focused on your hairline and frontal 1/3rd, you'll need more grafts to bolster "the illusion" since you won't have hair behind for support. I don't think that this can be understated.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!