7 Months Pre FUE Advice

Hello all!

After posting here with some questions regarding UK transplants, I researched deeper and settled on a doctor in Belgium. I am sure you all know the feeling of excitedly and hopefully researching for hours on end once you have decided you are going to take the plunge, and like me have scoured this forum, page upon page looking at stories and blogs about the qualities and quirks of different surgeons.

I will be paying my deposit after the bank holiday to secure a slot in early October.

I have chosen Dr De Reys because;

1. He does ALL of the work himself, 100% manual. This was extremely important to me because I do not like the idea of a technician/machine being responsible for the work done
  2. No mega sessions. I will be doing 2500 grafts over 2 days
  3. Very positive reviews from others who have had work done by this doctor since he went independent.
  4. Price

Now I am asking people who have had FUE, is there anything I can be doing now to prepare? What are the things you wish you knew before the day of the procedure? Almost all 2500 grafts will be going into temple/hairline restoration, with a little thickening in the forelock.

Also, if anyone else has any experiences with Dr De Reys feel free to contribute!

One thing I would remind you of.... After the surgery, the doctor will give you some pain meds. Make sure you take them as directed. I thought I would be a hero and deal with the pain. I made a big mistake and by the time I took the pain meds, I was in terrible shape. Don't get me wrong, the pain is not horrible but it would have been much more comfortable if I had "stayed ahead" of the pain and not waited for it to arrive. The pain meds took about 90 minutes to work on me after the pain got extremely uncomfortable.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

One thing I would remind you of.... After the surgery, the doctor will give you some pain meds. Make sure you take them as directed. I thought I would be a hero and deal with the pain. I made a big mistake and by the time I took the pain meds, I was in terrible shape. Don't get me wrong, the pain is not horrible but it would have been much more comfortable if I had "stayed ahead" of the pain and not waited for it to arrive. The pain meds took about 90 minutes to work on me after the pain got extremely uncomfortable.

Great advice John, I plan on taking all the pain meds recommended because I am traveling back to England via trains which is pain enough!

How was your sleep? My procedure is over two days, and I am a pretty bad/light sleeper anyway, so I can see myself getting hardly any sleep after the first night in anticipation of the next day.

As for the procedure, do I just sit there for hours on end whilst they do their work? Am I able to drink whenever I please etc?

Finally a patient blogg by this doc.

I was thinking of going with this doc as well. the fact of him doing every part of the procedure with the help of one nurse swung me more towards him plus hes only across the pond so no flying envolved which is a plus. And good competitive prices. This docs got a lot going for him just a shame there isnt more patient bloggs.

Be good to see your progress when it happens and I hope it all works out dor you buddy.

Have a good day.

Finally a patient blogg by this doc.

I was thinking of going with this doc as well. the fact of him doing every part of the procedure with the help of one nurse swung me more towards him plus hes only across the pond so no flying envolved which is a plus. And good competitive prices. This docs got a lot going for him just a shame there isnt more patient bloggs.

Be good to see your progress when it happens and I hope it all works out dor you buddy.

Have a good day.

I plan on keeping a blog on this forum up to the two year mark to (hopefully) showcase my result. It'll be as well written and informative as I can possible make it.

Are you from the UK too Wizz? I can just take the Eurostar from London for ?72 return which is a huge bonus too.

Perhaps there's lack of patient blogs because he limits his patients to 1 per day/1 per 2 days? I really got the impression hes all about quality results over quantity, hence all the personally done manual work by him. I am currently liaising with his UK rep (pre deposit) and so far the information given has been honest, indepth and informative, so I am very excited. The next 7 months is going to crawl by :( I really welcome any input/advice here though on the run up to it :)

I plan on keeping a blog on this forum up to the two year mark to (hopefully) showcase my result. It'll be as well written and informative as I can possible make it.

Good lool forward to it!

Are you from the UK too Wizz? I can just take the Eurostar from London for ?72 return which is a huge bonus too.

Yeah i live the UK. Id take a train ride over a plane tide any day haha..

?72 return.. Thats dirt cheap.. Are you staying in a hotel or in the clinic?

Perhaps there's lack of patient blogs because he limits his patients to 1 per day/1 per 2 days? I really got the impression hes all about quality results over quantity, hence all the personally done manual work by him. I am currently liaising with his UK rep (pre deposit) and so far the information given has been honest, indepth and informative, so I am very excited. The next 7 months is going to crawl by :( I really welcome any input/advice here though on the run up to it :)

Yes maybe that might be the reason. Im not sure why it is tbh. I think when a doc does 1 patient a day with say 1500 total in that day it can only be good for you, hair and the doctor like you say quality over quantity. Yeah hes reps cool very fast responses when emailing and answers all the questions i had.

Hope it all goes well for you mate.

Does anyone have any solid advice/tips on payment? Getting the most out of my pounds to Euro exchange? At the mo the exchange rate is alright. A 6500 euro procedure is around 4800.

As in I need to pay in Euros, so I must exchange my GBP for Euros.

Can I change my pounds to euros and simply bank transfer them?

• 3 weeks later...