Experience With SMP Looks in NY (Thickening Effect)

@hairthere: thanks for the consult. much appreciated. not very often we get to talk in person with someone else who has gone thru some procedures.. and i agree with the current plan of action. I'm currently scheduled for a skype consult with Dr. Wesley to find out if he can do FUE from beard donor only in case my 2nd FUT depletes my scalp donor. I'm also considering short-term wearing a system (which I already have) BEHIND my Dr.Rahal transplanted hairline. Going to start taking big dose of biotin again to help grow that quickly. Like other things, I wonder why I ever stopped!

@ CantDecide: if I could get 2500 grafts I would be treating myself to a 24 hr happy dance. The current estimate is 1500 grafts only, and thats not enough on its own (hence why supplementing with beard or smp / dermmatch) will give better results. However, you can be sure I am religiously doing the laxity exercises now... who knows, maybe I can get it up to 2000 grafts with a few months of laxity exercises under my belt. Just going to be tricky doing those if i wear the system in the meantime!

@bilbo: yes, Ian the owner of the Toronto HISHair told me he had it done 13 years ago, when it was just starting out.. he only recommends permanent SMP and shows his scalp to "prove" that it still looks good long term. IMO it did look a little bluish, but had I not known that he had it done, I probably would not have noticed. If you are going to wear with longer hair, perhaps it's even less of an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Went back to SMP Looks for another 1.5 passes to finish it off which makes that a total of 4.5 passes. Very happy with it. Going in over the next week or two for final pictures and "Hairthere" will post before and after pics at that time.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• 2 weeks later...
Went back to SMP Looks for another 1.5 passes to finish it off which makes that a total of 4.5 passes. Very happy with it. Going in over the next week or two for final pictures and "Hairthere" will post before and after pics at that time.
is the price different for temp vs permeant? it wud be the same time spent no?

ur obviously havn to shave ur head down each time correct? wat was the time between sessions and wat was the cost? is the cost per procedure or did u purchase a package deal?

are there different time fromes for the temporary? meaning some last a year and other last a shorter duration or longer?

can't find a SMP looks website? does one exist?

can u imagine getting another 1500 on ur crown AND SMP? ill bet ud look like u had a 100% full head of hair

is the price different for temp vs permeant? it wud be the same time spent no?

ur obviously havn to shave ur head down each time correct? wat was the time between sessions and wat was the cost? is the cost per procedure or did u purchase a package deal?

are there different time fromes for the temporary? meaning some last a year and other last a shorter duration or longer?

can't find a SMP looks website? does one exist?

can u imagine getting another 1500 on ur crown AND SMP? ill bet ud look like u had a 100% full head of hair

I am not sure because "SMP Looks" only offers Temp SMP. I would not go the perm route anyway. But I would like to see a Temp come out that lasts a solid 2-3 years.

It was a package deal. I never had to shave down which was really nice.

'SMP Looks uses the Milena Lardi technology which lasts anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. I think most get 12-14 months out of it. If they go a bit deeper with the needle, it tends to last longer. For the last 2 passes, he went deeper with the needle for me.

They do have a web site. "Hairthere" I am sure will post it. He will be posting my before and after pics as well soon.

That's true and believe me, its very tempting to get those last 1500 done.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452