INTRODUCING: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplant Surgery

Blake,

It's been a real pleasure getting to know you both personally and professionally over the last couple of years as you've worked to cultivate the growth of this community as our forum co-moderator and assistant editor. I admire your hard work and dedication to this community and for pursuing your ultimate ambition to become a hair transplant surgeon.

Now, your valiant efforts have paid off and led you to work with the prestigious and world renowned Dr. Alan Feller. In time, I trust you will come full circle and become one of our recommended hair transplant surgeons once you are able to build an impressive portfolio of excellent patient results using ultra refined techniques.

I hope you continue to be a part of this community by contributing your wit and wisdom on our discussion forum. Congratulations to you and I look forward to watching your new career take flight!

Best wishes,

Bill

Congratulations Blake. Looking forward to seeing your work in the very near future.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Kilimanjaro,

It's actually a pretty unique story. My grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer while I was still a pre-medical student at UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles). She was able to meet with a great team of oncologists and surgical oncologists, and map out a promising treatment plan. She was pleased with her cancer treatment itself, but one issue continued to bother her: what would she do if she lost her hair? Chemotherapy and radiation treatments were both discussed, so it was a real possibility. However, she didn't feel comfortable bringing this up with her doctors. I'm not sure if it is a generational thing or she felt scared or intimidated, but she just couldn't bring herself to discuss it with them.

But, it was really causing her a lot of psychological distress. Even if the cancer was treated and she was generally healthy, she thought hair loss would still make her look or feel ill. I told her that my science and pre-med courses at school really didn't cover much about oncology or cancer-related hair loss, but I'd do my best to research it and see what I could find.

I started doing some online research and found myself reading about hair loss on a site called the "Hair Restoration Network." The information was great. I was able to learn a lot and help my grandmother through the process. She did experience some hair loss, but was able to maintain a lot and actually regrow pretty much everything using Women's Rogaine.

However, something else interesting happened during my research period. I found myself fascinated with the science behind the hair follicle and alopecia in general. The follicle is an amazing organoid, and alopecia is a diverse, complicated, fascinating subject. From here, I was hooked! I signed up for a forum account and started posting. I loved reading the hair restoration stories and reviewing the life-changing hair transplant transformations. A year or so after I signed up, Bill posted information about the moderator/editor position. I toyed with the idea of applying for quite some time. I was still a fairly new member, and wasn't sure if I'd stand a chance. However, I decided to go for it! And 5 years later, here we are!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Bill,

Thank you so much for the kind words! It's been so great working with you over the past 5 years. Look forward to interacting for many more!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Woo, congrats Blake! That's a heartwarming story on how you found your calling. Interestingly enough, I ended up in my current field through similar circumstances. I'm glad everything turned out well in the end.

Anyway, as you already know you're partnered with not only a great Doc, but a likable guy! Wish you all the best, though wishing probably isn't necessary with Dr. Feller by your side. Maybe I'll get to congratulate and wish you luck anyway in person, as your start date is right around the time I'm due in for my 6 month checkup!

Hi Guys,

Glad you enjoyed the story! Definitely a life changing experience for me. And one that led me to where I am today.

Takebacks,

Look forward to seeing you during the 6th month check up!

Swoop,

Thanks for the kind words!