My WHTC + Dr Mwamba - 2167 grafts FIT shaven Norwood 5

I think this result is excellent given the patient was a high norwood and only 2,167 grafts used. He still has more left in the reserve just in case. Wet before and afters make for a consistent comparison unlike other examples we have seen... Would love to see a 'dry' after photo. Keep up the great work Doctor Mwamba.

• 3 weeks later...

This patient responded extremely well. The average number of hairs per graft seem to be a difference maker from the photos. Certainly a good yield is apparent too.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am a representative of MyWHTC clinic in Brussels, Belgium.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available in Brussels for no fee

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 weeks later...

This is awesome coverage with FUE by FIT.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 1 month later...

We'll have an update on this case soon.

2100%20FIT4_zpsmtuzxdsl.jpg

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

Excellent planning and use of a smaller number of grafts to make a big different. Nice work.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Excellent planning and use of a smaller number of grafts to make a big different. Nice work.

I'm confused Blake. We all know where his head is headed (pardon the pun) so what exactly is the purpose of being this conservative? It appears to be a classic pattern of hair loss. Also, the temple points look more pronounced in the progression pictures, but I don't see that documented. And not related to your comment, but posting results without age and or meds used is sort of defeating anyone's ability to comment as to the "plan" going forward since we have no viable reference point.

And related to your comment - "Excellent planning" is hardly an informed opinion, let alone a viable long term roadmap when so many factors are absent..

Thoughts?

PS - it wasn't shaven in the traditional sense as we know it in the US. A bit of a misnomer.

Good point Tav .

FIT shaven relate to the donor area .We also make the difference ( fully shaven , partial shaven - donor shaved ,recipient untouched- patchy shaven , and non shaven also called unshaven ) .

We know where the patient is heading .To make any plan , age is one of the most important factor .This patient is 41 years old .He is not in the risky category of the twenties .You may choose to be more agressive than conservative .

Then comes another factor : the patient's goal .

This one was clear ;He wanted to restore the status he had 5 years ago ( thin look with a bald vertex ) but most important ,he wanted to look natural .

No need to be agressive .We decided to graft at 30 to 35 FU per square cm with the exception of hair line where we went up to 40 to 45 in the middle frontal hair line .

The third factor we usually consider is finances .Very important !!!

The patient is taking alpha estradiol for his hair loss .No classic treatment as we know .

In the post op we usually recommend the help hair whey protein for 6 months once a day and then 2 or three times per week after that .

It could be an explanation about the better look of his temples points .

Thank you for your comments .