Donor Scar Stretching

I had my 2nd ht 2 months ago. a friend had a look at it about a week ago and said the donor area scar has stretched. it is about half a centimetre in thickness. i'm really disappointed about this given that after my first ht the scar was pencil-line thickness.

my biggest concern now is that it is going to continue to stretch and i've got a few questions:

1. what can i do to prevent it from stretching any further?

2. is there anything i can do to make the already stretched scar retract?

3. should i be in touch with my doctor, and if so, what do you think he's going to suggest? if there's anything at all?

thanks!

james2009,

I am so sorry to hear about the stretching of your scar. icon_frown.gif

Other posters may give you better answers, but here:

1. Minimize activities that could put tension on the scar, such as abdominal exercises like crunches, etc.

2. No. (But there are experimental works being done to cause the scar to fade rapidly and completely)

3. Yes. The suggestion would be same as above. (I think so.)

take care...

Check with your doc. Sometimes what a patient thinks is scar stretching, is not stretching at all but some shock loss above and below the scarline.

A recent example is : http://hair-restoration-info.c...21087683/m/652105193

He was really uptight that his scar was wide, where in fact it was primarily shock loss on the left side of his scar; completely resolved by the 5 month pic.

Even if it is stretching, a couple of weeks is pretty early for that much stretching...

Go back and check with you doctor.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians