Low cost fixed price FUE?

Hi guys. Still doing research into picking what surgeon is right for my FUE.

Does anyone have any advice regarding the fixed price very low cost procedures advertised?

For example. getfue.com use a clinic based in antalya, Turkey. They are offering a fixed price of up to 4,000 grafts for only €2900. This is the sort of price I am looking for.

The trouble is there are limited independent reviews out there. Is whatclinic.com reliable? They have 7 reviews of the place and all are positive.

The surgeon is a Dr Birgul Sevim btw. Their website looks good and I have been in contact Sith them over email for some time and everything sounds really positive.

Are these places too good to be true? Or are there real value in these sort of offers?

*p.s. I know this site recommends numerous other surgeons in Turkey. All are still way more expensive than this offer. I want to go for it but there's something stopping me and I don't know what.

Hi mate and welcome,

I honestly believe if money is a factor and trying to decipher physicians based on "fixed prices" you might have a bit more researching to do. A procedure like this is life changing, although not always major still an alteration. Price is usually the least concern with this type of decision.

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Hi guys. Appreciate all your responses and take on board what you say.

However I'm kind of playing devils advocate. I've been in a lot of email contact with the place and they sound very positive. From the photo's I've sent them they said I can expect excellent long term natural results. If anything goes wrong, and its not my fault, they've guaranteed they will fix it free of charge. Also, they've assured me Dr sevim herself will be carrying out the procedure along with her team of technicians who've been working together for 3.5 years.

I can't seem to find many reviews on them, but that also means there aren't too many negative reviews out there. If they were that bad, surely there would be big *DANGER* type posts on forums such as this?

I've actually emailed them today to ask why theye so cheap compare to Erdogan, Doganay etc and am awaiting their response.

Cryingoutloud - maybe you could help me here mate. What's the worst that can happen with FUE? Is it genuinely possible I could end up looking worse than when I go in, and if so in what way?

In a way I'm comparing it with looking for a new car. I could shortlist Ferrari's and Lamborghini's but in reality I'll never be able to afford them, so instead looking for one which does a good job on a budget I can afford. The difficulty here is there's so little reviews it'd be like buying a new model of car which hasn't been driven before! Decisions!

Just sounds fly by night. You get what you pay for and repair procedures are no fun. How do you expect them to sound when you're a potential paying customer? Of COURSE they're positive ; they want your business.

FUE scarring can be pretty nasty if extraction isn't done properly and at 3000 euro, you can bet 4000 grafts won't be extracted with finesse.

Still, it's your head

Thats a great deal but i would ask clinic to see actual results and contact info of previous patients that would share their experiences with you. Do you know the fue protocol of this clinic? Operation done in one day or multiple sittings? Do techs extract grafts or does the doc do it? Is it manual or motorized fue? What size punches used? How long are your grafts expected to be outside of your body before they are placed in recipient zones?

It's all done in one day Sean, they said probably 8-9 hours. The rest of the questions I will be sure to ask them - thanks for them it's really appreciated.

One thing though are they able to give out contact details of patients, with data protection legislation and all? And IF they do give me details, is it possible for me to verify its an actual patient and not just someone else from the clinic or a sales associate based in the UK etc?

Hi guys. Appreciate all your responses and take on board what you say.

However I'm kind of playing devils advocate. I've been in a lot of email contact with the place and they sound very positive. From the photo's I've sent them they said I can expect excellent long term natural results. If anything goes wrong, and its not my fault, they've guaranteed they will fix it free of charge. Also, they've assured me Dr sevim herself will be carrying out the procedure along with her team of technicians who've been working together for 3.5 years.

I can't seem to find many reviews on them, but that also means there aren't too many negative reviews out there. If they were that bad, surely there would be big *DANGER* type posts on forums such as this?

I've actually emailed them today to ask why theye so cheap compare to Erdogan, Doganay etc and am awaiting their response.

Cryingoutloud - maybe you could help me here mate. What's the worst that can happen with FUE? Is it genuinely possible I could end up looking worse than when I go in, and if so in what way?

In a way I'm comparing it with looking for a new car. I could shortlist Ferrari's and Lamborghini's but in reality I'll never be able to afford them, so instead looking for one which does a good job on a budget I can afford. The difficulty here is there's so little reviews it'd be like buying a new model of car which hasn't been driven before! Decisions!

howbout u decide on a FUE surgeon that isn't gonna fuk up in the first place and u won't have to worry about them fixing it smh. of course their cheaper cause their not as talented or desired.

listen plenty of ppl have come before you and plenty will come after looking for the walmart HT pricing. don't be one of those suckers...

wats the worst that can happen? if they screw it up ull have a depleted donor zone thats the worst that can happen!!!! u need to smarten up and do ur research. ur terribly ignorant!

yea u can't find any reviews cause no one goes to them. this isn't rocket science bro. a fool and his money are soon parted....:rolleyes: don't be that fool!

ur being drawn in by the cheap price and trying to justify it to urself by finding reason why u shud go there. anyone can find a reason to pick a cheap HT surgeon so they don't have to sent as much money but like most everything in life u get wat u pay for!

if their so great why is there no examples of their work? don't be the ginny-pig they learn on. leave that for some other schmuck!

Thanks for that Busa. I know I'm ignorant, and that's the entire point of me joining this forum to find some information. As I've never had a hair transplant before, and aren't qualified medically, of course I'm going to be ignorant on the subject!

I never said 'they're that great'. Frankly I don't have a clue if they are or not. That's why I'm here to find out, and for the meantime I'm playing devil's advocate.

The vast majority have recommended I go with a reputable surgeon who can demonstrate a high success rate, and I completely understand that. If money was no object I'd be straight onto Lorenzo, Ferudini or the like. But hey, money is an object and I can't afford these peeps. So what now? Forget it for 8/9 years until I can afford one of these? Or take a risk on a place which isn't necessarily getting rave reviews but at the same time isn't getting bad reviews either?

If we were all only to visit restaurants or holiday (vacation) destinations which were already reputable and highly thought of, then up and coming restaurants and holiday destinations would have no chance of success. They have to start somewhere. Same with HT clinic's surely?

I'm not pretending to know any better, and I'm not certain I'll go through with it yet. I'm just genuinely interested in any reviews or experiences which anyone's had in these sort of places, positive or negative. I'm certainly not arguing that these sort of offers are flawless either.

But for someone with little money, and modest expectations, I want to know if such an offer could prove to be worthwhile.