The second hair transplant, go to the same surgeon or see someone else?

So, 10 months in and the results/density of my hair transplant is quite low and disappointing (It looks to be 25-30 grafts per sq.cm, lower in some places. From the graft count/recipient area, the original density was supposed to be approximately 70 grafts/cm).

I'm planning to have a 2nd hair transplant to bump my density up to a satisfactory density during February 2016.

My original surgeon was Dr Radha, who I'm considering returning to despite the surgery result due to her generally being a recommended surgeon and still seeing positive results on the site.

Though I'm also thinking about Dr Bhatti for FUE, due to my donor being considered very tight and my scar not being perfect, so as to make sure I can get the necessary amount of grafts.

A third clinic I'm thinking about is the DHT clinic in Thailand, as during the first surgery trip, I had pretty bad delhi belly during the stay, causing discomfort for most of the trip. Thailand is also much closer to where I live and makes travel much simpler (I could probably actually travel on my own in Thailand's case).

Is there anyone who could share their experiences with Bhatti or the DHT clinic? Or people with experience having a second hair transplant?

Go somewhere else. If the surgeon got it wrong first time, how can you trust that they'll get it right next? For the surgeon, having another crack at a worse-than-expected result is an opportunity to limit any damage to his/her reputation but to YOU . . . it's the face you have to show to the world for the rest of your LIFE. You can't take that lightly.

As far as your other choices are concerned, DHT clinic just isn't banging out the home runs like it used to. Dr. Pathomvanich is knocking on a bit and rumours suggest he's delegating a lot more of the procedural work to techs and his co-surgeon.

Dr. Bhatti is supposed to be ok but do you want "OK" or do you want "Wow"? Save your money, head to Europe. The euro's in the toilet right now so it could be a lot cheaper than it would have been last year

Go somewhere else. If the surgeon got it wrong first time, how can you trust that they'll get it right next? For the surgeon, having another crack at a worse-than-expected result is an opportunity to limit any damage to his/her reputation but to YOU . . . it's the face you have to show to the world for the rest of your LIFE. You can't take that lightly.

As far as your other choices are concerned, DHT clinic just isn't banging out the home runs like it used to. Dr. Pathomvanich is knocking on a bit and rumours suggest he's delegating a lot more of the procedural work to techs and his co-surgeon.

Dr. Bhatti is supposed to be ok but do you want "OK" or do you want "Wow"? Save your money, head to Europe. The euro's in the toilet right now so it could be a lot cheaper than it would have been last year

I'll definitely look into Euro surgeons, though it's an area I've never looked into a ton. Does Turkey count as Europe? Because I hear a lot about surgeons from there.

Also the Australian dollar might have fallen into a bigger toilet, sadly.

Turkey doesn't count as Europe although many of them would like to be considered as such. Personally, I don't rate them as highly as US/EU surgeons but no one can touch them when it comes to value for money. In the region of €3 per graft in Turkey versus €7 or 8 in places like Brussels

How many grafts did you get? Kind of looks like what I'd expect for a first pass but it's hair to gauge without knowing the graft number.

I'd probably do somewhere else just because you'll be kicking yourself for not if you're not satisfied.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I've sent a consult to feriduni, and according to his website, will receive a consultation in 2 weeks or so.

Overall, I'm probably leaning towards giving trying a second go with Radha, as ive had mentioned that a return to the same doctor might have them a better idea of my limits surgery wise or something, rather than a second surgeon making the same mistakes, and its not like failed results are exactly the norm of her track record. Though I've got like 6 months to study and think on it.

Just adding one final image. It's is my worst spot, with 0.5cm wide of bald skin

image.jpg.2155999cf8e5a6971df075ecaffed648.jpg