Finally done with my HT with DR. Mahadevia

arnolder

I hv emailed Dr Mahadevia about the pricing:

Hi Dr Bishan Mahadevia,

I'm little confused with the pricing in your website. Its stated in your website $0.55 per follicle, in another word, it means if 3 hairroots in 1 graft will cost me $0.55 X 3 hairs= $1.65 per follicle ??

So in my case, u hv suggested 3300 grafts ....does it also mean I'll only get 3300 hairs ??

REPLY:

MY CHARGE PER GRAFT IS IN Rps 25 ( IRRESPECTIVE OF EXCHANGE RATE) ONE GRAFT MAY HAVE 1,2,3 OR 4 HAIRS) . GRAFT MEANS FOLLICULAR UNIT AND DOES NOT MEAN NUMBER OF HAIR. GRAFT OR FOLLICULAR UNIT USUALLY HAS 15% 1 HAIR, 70% 2 HAIRS AND HE REST MAY HAVE 3 AND 5 HAIRS BUT THIS CAN BE VARIABLE AND YOURS CAN BE SAID ONLY AFTER TRICHOSCOPIC EXAMINATION IN PERSON. 3300 GRAFTS MAY HAVE ON AN AVERAGE 6600 HAIRS.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read ur reply to Wantego, but seems like u only know the percentage .....which is only the roughly estimation.

Most famous/professional/well-known doctor gives the actual number.

The other time I emailed him he gaves me a rough estimation of 15%-1hair, 70%-2hairs, the rest-3and 4 hairs.

Is it really necessary for the grafted hair to fall off within a month? Its been 5 weeks for me now and I still have like 20-25% of grafts on my head.

After 4 weeks I started to massage the transplanted area with shampoo and then spraying over the area with some force so that the hair sheds.Am I wrong somewhere? I've read new growth will only start once the grafted hair fall out.

Originally posted by arnolder:

Hi Guys,

Does aggressive grafts shedding means aggressive regrowth? Also can delayed shedding of the grafts delay the regrowth process?

Also plz reply to my previous question.

Thanks.

I will second what Bill said. Looking at your weblog, you should have great results. That hairline is going to look great!!!! Get a pair of nunchuks to keep the ladies off you! Of course, why would you want to keep them off you? icon_smile.gif

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Originally posted by hair_care:

1800 grafts spread out over such a large area will not give you much density. Nevertheless the work looks all right so far. Keep posting updates.

Not necessarily, sometimes less is more, if the doc was at least 35cm2 to 45cm2 it will be aesthetically passable and since he has dark skin, dark thick hair and a wave he will get better coverage than a fair skinned, fine haired candidate with the same pattern of loss. If this doctor knows the tricks of graft positioning and depending how much hair was harvested in the grafts, 1800 can do every bit the cosmetic job 3,000 grafts can if done properly and without graft dissection.

Often the 3,000 graft cases use a lot of one hair grafts or load cm2 up with more hairs than required for an aesthetic difference, meaning you really don;t discern much better cosmetic gain from packing over 40cm2 to 50cm2, it can be wasteful in some instances to do more.

Now he'll have plenty of donor which he'll definitely need if he refuses to do finasteride.

He realistically has 6 to 7,ooo grafts in his donor and without medication protecting his crown and top if he had used half of his donor on one third of his scalp he would be doomed to live with a bald crown at the least.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Is it really necessary for the grafted hair to fall off within a month? Its been 5 weeks for me now and I still have like 20-25% of grafts on my head.

After 4 weeks I started to massage the transplanted area with shampoo and then spraying over the area with some force so that the hair sheds.Am I wrong somewhere? I've read new growth will only start once the grafted hair fall out.

Some people heal differently and see grafts stay and growth immediately, but its exceptional and not normal, consider yourself exceptional and hopefully it is a sign that the whole procedure will share that distinction as a face framing restoration.

I'm fagging around 10 cigs. a day from 10th day post-op onwards, I don't know what impact will it make on my hair growth....

LOL at terms lost in translation, we are divided by a common language.

Smoking probably isn't the healthiest thing for blood circulation, I can't say it is hurting your hair but I know it isn't helping it.

• 4 weeks later...

How do all the guys who had an HT done pass the waiting period to see the new growth. I'm 72 days post op and stil no signs of new growth.

Every time I see myself in da mirror makes me sadder and my heart sinks as I feel like more bald than pre HT.

When I'm gonna celebrate my first hair popping up?