SMP Thickening Effect Question

Is it fair to say that the SMP thickening effect works better on those with higher hair to skin color contrast (The same reason why it's the exact opposite for HT)?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I would say yes of you are talking admit the difference it makes, but I wouldn't say this makes it look any better grabbing if you had a low contrast difference.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Can't decide, I have medium brown hair and pale skin here are my temporary SMP pics taken the day after in my crown. I think it looked even better when the hair was a bit longer either way it did make a nice improvement whilst it lasted.

Compare-SMP-before-and-after.jpg

Compare-SMP-front-to-7-days-difference.jpg

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Happy to help. Yes I would have it done again in the crown as I liked the way it looked initially after getting it done. I am not sure I would have my scars treated again as it dropped out very quickly here and the pain was pretty hard going. If I could find a someone local to me it would make the whole thing much easier.

Difficult to answer honestly if it looked better in person than in photos as it was in my crown and I could never see closely what it looked like, but it did what it was supposed to and took away some visibility of scalp which when you have pale skin and brown hair makes a big difference. I haven't rushed back to do it as I was disappointed about how quickly it faded but I have discussed why in my case that may well have been.

My wife was really impressed with how it looked and she is the one that sees the back of my head more often that I do so I would say it looked good in real life.

---

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Thanks GL. SMP looks is only a 2 hour drive for me so touch ups should not be too much of a hassle. I am hoping I can get 12 months out of it (doing 2 passes when getting it done). Getting it touched up once a year should not be too bad or costly.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Sounds like you are all set and I am sure you be well looked after at that clinic. Keep the forum posted on your results.

---

Sounds like you are all set and I am sure you be well looked after at that clinic. Keep the forum posted on your results.

I do feel good about it but getting anxious. If it can add 30-50% perceived density for me, that would be great.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Are you doing your whole head or the crown only?

Mid scalp

Crown

A little in the front third (Core) (Maybe)

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

T-2 days until my Temp SMP at SMP Looks in NY.....

"Hairthere" has had to field about 1000 questions from me already by e-mail but he is always quick to respond, professional, and just great about it. If he handles the actual SMP in the same fashion (I am sure the he will), then I am going to be good to go!!

This is not the best pre-op picture but gives you an idea of what he will have to work with. Note that the crown thin spot is actually bigger than what can be seen here but with proper combing, I can minimize it.

We will be posting pre and post procedure pictures once its done.

photo2074.jpg.1ab100296ff75e4da3db0588c352b886.jpg

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts