Lost hundreds of grafts on day 4-8 pos op. Please advice

Hi

I had my surgery just 8 days ago when I got transplanteted 3500 grafts FUE.

The problem is that since day 4 and onwards (now day 8) I am shedding ALOT of grafts.

First i tought i was only scabbing and grust that was falling of, but I see that in every crust/scab there is a small hair attached to it. (se pictures)

I am actually almost back to baseline in terms of fullnes in my recipent area bacause of this sheeding.

Is this normal?

EDIT: I see that its difficutly to see the hair in the scab/crust/graft, but trust me,. There is a tiny 3-5 mm hair in each scab.

5b32e4c09eb94_IMG_03091.jpg.2dd94b2028942235e5f6d07aa70810dc.jpg

5b32e4c0b818d_IMG_03081.jpg.f0e7eb802a1b1fd1bf493c275cac63da.jpg

It is very early to be loosing that many grafts. Are you washing your hair daily and what pressure are you using to do this?

What I see from your photos is quite normal and seeing the hairs in the crusts is what everyone goes through.

Are you saying you were loosing hundreds of grafts per day or hundreds of grafts between day 4-8?

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I'm sure it's perfectly normal but 8 days does seem very soon to be almost back at baseline. Do you mean hairs are coming out when you are removing the scabs, because I think that is very common. I take it there is no bleeding when these hairs are coming out?

I am washing my hair several times a day with shampoo given to me by the clinic.

First few days by very easily touching/tapping the hair with my finger tips (no preasure). After day 5 I started washing my hair with a slight rotating motion but no preasure at all.

I would say that I have counted at least 500 scabs with hair the last 3 days. Not loosing to many today since there isnt much scab and crust left.

Se picture of head after todays shower.

EDIt: Sorry, forgot to add the picture.

5b32e4c0cc080_IMG_03231.jpg.6ec5444155206b5ce64576e2ccd10cd4.jpg

FUE2014,

No, there is no bleeding when the hairs a coming out. I think my scalp looks very healthy taking into consideration that I just made 3500 small holes into it 8 days ago. :)

The hair that falls out are very short. I would think that if it was a graft it would be longer? The hair that I am loosing with the grafts are only 3-5 mm

Its just too devastating to see my very limited hair (Donor) laying there in the sink all lifeless and sad. I just want to put em back :) hehe ..

Sorry about my English and thanks for the reply :)

It all looks good blue moon. The hairs are just dead shafts and the stem cell that will create new ones are safely in your scalp at this stage. Prepare yourself to see lots of strange looking hairs shedding over the next couple of weeks. It can be very alarming to see those hairs shed but is all part of the process.

I am not sure that you should be washing your hair several times a day but that would explain why your scabs/crusts are coming off so quickly and hairs will be attached to these scabs/crusts.

As I said it all looks perfectly fine so please relax.

---

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

No problem I know how stressful it can be as been there and done that 5 times now. I wish you all the best with your surgery and I hope you have a great result.

---