Shaprio Medical Group - Dr. Ron Shapiro

Loki

Welcome everybody... Today is day 14... Has gone by really fast but also much harder than before... For some reason I am struggling with the ugly duckling phase... I can wear a hat to work so that's no big deal but the anxiety and paranoia is very high this time.... I feel I have done everything post op to perfection yet I still worry :(... This was the first procedure they had to cut existing hair so I think 20 years of mastering a comb over it's hard not having that option... I am sure it was awful anyway...

This forum lead me to Dr. Ron... This forum armed me with what to do at MSP when they asked me to remove my hat... I appreciate everybody being so open and candid with advice and your stories... You have no idea how many people view this, over and over and over....

I had just over 3200 grafts via strip on Feb-3 of 2015... The experience in the clinic was nothing like my previous 2 procedures... The honesty from the doctor (clipping my existing hairs), short term loss for a long term gain... The staff triple checking their work... The detail of Dr. Ron and his team was amazing... Does anybody have any tips to get through this phase? I guess as I age it seems all things are a little more challenging... Getting back in the gym will help... I am starting that tomorrow.... Does Toppix help with the short term illusion or maybe some Xanax :) ?

I will see if Janna can remove my ugly face from pics and she is free to post what ever she likes from my trip to SMG....

Hi Loki,

Here is your graft breakdown and I've either cropped or blocked out your face for posting. Thanks for your write up and we look forward for following your progress. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding post op phases. Heal well.

1 hair grafts: 944

2 hair grafts: 1785

3 hair grafts: 526

4 hair grafts: 13

Slide8.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Congrats on the surgery . Thats a decent number of grafts for the area and hairline looks great as well . Would be eager to follow up to see how it develops.

If you don't mind sharing, what were your prior two procedures ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loki,

Congratulations! This is going to be a substantial result for you. I hope we'll get to follow your entire journey. Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congratulations on your ht Loki.

Judging from your pre op pics you already have a decent covering of hair so that number of grafts should give you a great outcome.

I look forward to following this.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Thanks everybody... I will post each step of the way... Fortune11, my first procedure was with Tulsa Hair Transplant Center about 15 years ago... I don't think a doctor was ever even in the room but results were decent... it was 1200 grafts... about 8 or so years later I went to Dr Alan Bauman in South Florida... I would say around 1500 grafts not sure but didn't get a very good feeling about the procedure... It was rushed and cosmetically I felt I had better results from Tulsa... Very excited about the outcome with this procedure as it is more than both combined...

Day 15!!! Each night I have my wife inspect everything and she was struggling to find my scar... I was pretty pleased with that!!!!

You gave a good writeup and I wish you well for your recovery. Remember, the waiting is much tougher than the surgery so don't get bummed out while you wait for your results. They will come, you just have to give it the time it deserves to materialize. The experience you had during your visit is no surprise, they have a top reputation for a reason.

You gave a good writeup and I wish you well for your recovery. Remember, the waiting is much tougher than the surgery so don't get bummed out while you wait for your results. They will come, you just have to give it the time it deserves to materialize. The experience you had during your visit is no surprise, they have a top reputation for a reason.

Thanks for your message... For some reason I am having emotional issues this go around... Maybe just because I am getting older and don't feel as invincible as I did the first couple times... My confidence is really low... First day back in the gym so hopefully that helps... I do feel however beyond any doubt that I had a best in class doctor and team work on me... I am excited about the outcome... So many details I didn't mention in the write up like the stylist cutting my hair, inspecting the grafts, being gentle and giving great advice...

When in surgery I was talking about the forums... Dr. Ron specifically mentioned you but referred to you as Jotronic... I told him I was aware of you and had read many of your post... He has just mentioned hadn't seen messages in awhile... Could be the new handle...

Thanks again!

Looks like another amazing hairline by Dr. Ron!

I can't wait to see it grow out... I've never had much of a hairline unless you go back to 1994... So excited about that!!!

Thanks

Joe,

Just checked out your website... Looks great and can't to see it as you progress with it... Thanks again for the feedback...

Post op day 16 and continue to go through the same ritual... Hat all day at work and as soon as I get home wife inspects the scar and recipient area.. Shedding in the recipient and my wife can not believe how my scar is healing... Since this is my 3rd time she has seen the work of 3 clinics and she does not think this one will be detectable... It's already losing it's color as well... I'll get a picture tonight...

My wife could barely detect the scar last night, the pics didn't show anything... She said the color is fading too... It's soft pink.. I am going to take some post shower tonight.... I've been married to my wife for 18 years and this is her 3rd time to go through this with me and she says the scar line isn't even comparable... And my last scar was not bad... Janna said I could pull off a 2 guard.... I think my hair is pretty dense (in safe zone) so I think that helps too...

Recipient obviously way to early but lot's of grafts in the hairline are growing... I am sure they will shed but still reassuring...

This is day 17....

I will get one when my hair is wet... I know that prior to this procedure Janna seemed to think I had 8,000-9,000 donors available... We were estimating 2,000-2,500 for the procedure but got around 3,300 much to our surprise.... I don't remember the metric but I had something to so with the hair density per maybe CM but it was good... So hopefully I still have 5,000 or so in reserves if needed....

SMG rocks! I have no doubt you will be very happy with your results.

Agree, so far I can't complain about any part of the process and every thing is far superior to my first 2 procedures... But the proof is in the growth... But I am confident it will be superior as well... Just need to be patient and let it grow....

Thanks for you comment!!!

Here is a pic of my scar, pic under very bright lighting and hair pulled back. The dark hairs growing back around it make it hard to see color but it is a light pink and very thin. Getting some sensation back above it now. This is day 19. Wife says the new guys are shedding on top ....? ....

image.jpg.b9cd9e1ef709858f2aa1dfd294d68ab3.jpg

Easing my way back in. Very slow though. Started back I think post op day 16. Did chest today and kept it light. No pain or irritation at all so far during workouts.

I know it's hard to stay away. You probably feel really down on yourself not to lift. Keep it easy and take care of the scar. By your avatar you are a dedicated lifter. Good luck!:)

Edited by Squatch

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html