Prone Pillow for post ht

As I read many of the patient experiences I notice that sleeping the first few nights is difficult; you can't sleep because of the side and back donors and the front recipient. Would bringing a 'prone pillow'

http://www.newlifesystems.com/products/prone-pillow-by-oakworks/221-0073-01/?sourcecode=NGOOPF&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&kwid=bingproductads-plaid^19016741633-sku^221+0073+01@ADL4NEWLIFE@ADL10BMC-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^4361564639

help? You could then either sleep face down with no contact and/or face up with little to no area of the head touching.

I think a air pillow is the best personally (not inflated preferably). You need something around your neck from preventing you from turning in sleep. With this prone pillow you'll be still easily susceptible to turning in your sleep. I'm a huge stomach sleeper and when I had my HT I used a air pillow and that really prevented me from turning.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

I am also very concerned and had given it some thought.

I was also planning on actually taking a dressing gown cord to put around my wrist and secure down near waist at night to prevent me touching my head whilst I sleep.

Would hate to wake up scratching my head and have finger nails full of grafts.

Have a good day

Edited by 1966kph

I have always used a blow up pillow but its not ideal and certainly not comfortable. Its the one thing I always worry about after having a HT. I have tried different types too.

You really have to resign yourself to the fact your going to have a few nights of uncomfortable sleeping.

Like Swooping I am a stomach sleeper normally.

I am one of the people that had a HT recently and sleeping on an airpillow was very hard. Looking at that product, I can see that it is probably going to be more comfortable but I would be concerned how good it would be to stop turning at night.

With the airpillow you sink into it and it rests on your shoulders so you are pretty anchored and your body resists the turn as you have to take the airpillow off before your turn. However with your product, it might work, if you also use some pillows to tuck you in.

I hated the airpillow (so much that I stabbed it with a pen once I was done with it :) ) I would personally have liked to have used a much harder pillow to sleep on. THis may be a good idea provided you can get a system to accidently stop turning your head.

Thanks , I have been looking for something like this for a long time. Interestingly, I clicked that link to the manufacturers website and it is out of stock !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------