Whey Isolate Question - Has This Been Resolved ???

Read through many articles and forum threads on the subject of whey isolate causing hair loss. But have never found a conclusive answer. Has anyone here found an answer to this issue ? Have any doctors weighed in on this other than the one doctor in FL who originally brought this up ?

I'd like to use whey isolate as a supplement since Ive cut back on meats and chicken, as opposed to a post workout thing. But obviously do not want to risk losing any of the gains Ive made over the years.

Thanks, Torn

Torn,

I've never seen any conclusive evidence linking protein to hair loss or hair regrowth.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Amazing one can Google 'whey isolate hair loss' and get over 200k hits on the subject yet there is no conclusive evidence either way. All started I believe by one Dr in FL.

In some ways we've come so far in research and understanding, yet in others we're still in the dark.

Workouts cause increases in Testosterone. That at least, is an established fact. Make sure you take meds for your hair. Muscle growth requires hormones to act like switches, and buffers on varoius other hormones. When the body starts burning fat instead of muscle etc., hormones are implicated in changes to our body makeup. If whey is doing its job, and in your case snply replacing the meats, rather than adding to them, perhaps u canassume u r safe? But the test rise that accompanies weight training is inevitable and essential for getting more muscle.

PS.. Always see balding guys bulking up in compensation- alwsts wonder if yhey know theirworkouts are helping them bald! So Id say finasteride isimportant.