• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thks active.

I have just uploaded 2 ID pictures taken in the same photobooth, 1st one 5 months before my HT with Dr Hasson, 2nd one 4 months after. Check the difference, especially in the temples area!

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

• 1 year later...

Yes Sir. Added 5 more pics just for you!!

I am still very pleased with both Dr Hasson's work and Proscar. Dr Hasson gave me back a decent density of hair in the front, Proscar really saved my crown. The problem area is now inbetween: I am developing a bald spot where I used to have this "island of hair" that Dr Hasson worked around. This is now slowly going away, leaving a gap that needs filling.

I am not having strip again, my scalp is way too tight already and I am happy doing several FUE sessions whenever they are needed. I also want my big scar filled: whilst Dr Hasson's scar on the sides is almost invisible, even with a crew cut, the one I have from the UK butchers is not acceptable as it is.

So I am planning 3 FUE sessions: one to increase the hairline density slightly, one to fill the bald spot and one to fill the scar. To achieve that, the nr 1 surgeon on my list is Dr Feller.

• Administrators

Hairworthy,

Congratulations on your great life changing results with Hasson and Wong. And thanks for your many contributions to this forum through thick and thin.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by hairworthy:

Yes Sir. Added 5 more pics just for you!!

I am still very pleased with both Dr Hasson's work and Proscar. Dr Hasson gave me back a decent density of hair in the front, Proscar really saved my crown. The problem area is now inbetween: I am developing a bald spot where I used to have this "island of hair" that Dr Hasson worked around. This is now slowly going away, leaving a gap that needs filling.

I am not having strip again, my scalp is way too tight already and I am happy doing several FUE sessions whenever they are needed. I also want my big scar filled: whilst Dr Hasson's scar on the sides is almost invisible, even with a crew cut, the one I have from the UK butchers is not acceptable as it is.

So I am planning 3 FUE sessions: one to increase the hairline density slightly, one to fill the bald spot and one to fill the scar. To achieve that, the nr 1 surgeon on my list is Dr Feller.

Yeah, I can see what you are talking about, but it looks great as it is. Thanks for the updates. You really have come a long way. A great restoration and restoration story for a great guy and helpful benevolent poster.

Have a happy holidays and a great, hairy new year, Hairworthy.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! just fantastic Hairworthy. If you are still interested in house swapping this summer let me know! I live outside Washington DC. Hot Summers! I also own a bar in the area so you'll have to work that for me....hehe thx

Originally posted by JacobS:

Wow! just fantastic Hairworthy. If you are still interested in house swapping this summer let me know! I live outside Washington DC. Hot Summers! I also own a bar in the area so you'll have to work that for me....hehe thx

Well I'm coming to DC this summer anyway, on business. So I hope we can have a beer together at your bar. I'll get in touch when I know my exact dates.

• 1 month later...

Well guys, today was a textbook procedure! I can't emphasize enough the warm welcome and the great skills of Dr Epstein and his team. Everything went as planned, I was so comfortable I even slept during part of the procedure, which lasted about 6 hours.

Was back in my hotel room around 7pm with some soreness in the donor area. Took an ALEVE 200mg tablet and the pain was gone within 30 minutes. It is now 11pm and I feel great, no pain at all. Some mild bleeding from the donor area, which stopped almost immediately after putting some gauze on it. Will take a sleeping pill just to be on the safe side and have a long recovery night.

One last word to say that Dr Epstein called me in my room around 10:45pm to ask me how I felt and make sure I was OK! That was unexpected and much appreciated.

I have put the pictures of today's procedure on the first page, so feel free to check them out. My first "eye witness" will be Pat: we're going out tomorrow evening for the Fort Lauderdale event announced on this board and I really can't wait!

All the best to you all.

• Administrators

Hairworthy,

Congrats on your surgery with Dr. E. With the all the hair you got from H & W and the newest hair from Dr. E. you will be sporting a very full frontal hairline - you lucky dog.

I'll see you and your bloody skull tomorrow. Don't forget to save some pain pills for me and my beer chaser (off the record of course).

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hairworthy -

It's looking good. Dr. E has does a nice job with the hairline and also filling in the top/middle scalp. Although I have one question for you. Most people go back to the same doctor after 1st successful procedure. Your final results from HT1 by Dr. H looks amazing, then why did you decide to goto Dr. E this time?

KG

Thanks Pat, see you in a few hours.

kg007, there were several factors that made me choose Dr Epstein this time, mostly personal circumstances.

Had a great night, slept for 9 hours although I decided not to take any sleeping pill after all. No more pain killers either, so I only took one when I came back to my hotel room and that's it. Feeling great this morning, no pain whatsoever, just some tightness of the scalp in the donor area.

Mild swelling on the top of my forehead but the white strip that was applied after the procedure (first time I've had that) seems to work wonders. A bit of blood on the cotton/plastic pillow cover I used for the night, but less than I expected. It didn't leak anywhere else in the bed so the hotel staff won't be scared!!

I continue to take my medications: Prednisone 50mg once a day to prevent swelling, and Keflex (antibiotic) twice a day to prevent infection. Also spraying the recipient area with Graftcyte every 30 minutes: it accelerates the healing and keeps the area moist.

Hairworthy,

Congrats on your HT with Doc Epstein. Looks like it was a success. Judging by the placement, and the fact that IMO your hair looked pretty darn good already, you're going to have a nice addition to your look in about 6 months.

Just curious.............how many grafts did he harvest and transplant?

Here I sit in dreary old Illinois at work while you lucky ones are going to be living it up in sunny FLA.............I'm envious!

Have fun and keep us posted as you have in the past on your progress.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by hairbank:

you're going to have a nice addition to your look in about 6 months.

Thanks, that's the idea. I also like the fact that Dr E was able to remove my old, wrongly placed grafts (from my butchered HT in the UK) AND recycle them in my hairline using the FUE method. See the red "dots" that are bigger than the others? He fixed my horrible scar as well.

Just curious.............how many grafts did he harvest and transplant?

1836. He put half of them in the hairline, half in the mid-scalp area

Here I sit in dreary old Illinois at work while you lucky ones are going to be living it up in sunny FLA.............I'm envious!

Yes, South FL was my home for 5 years before I moved to England. Can't wait to move back here once my kids get older.

Have fun and keep us posted

Will do, especially the first part!!

Hello again everyone.

Added 5 more pictures taken this morning, 3 days post-op. Had my first "hair grooming" since the surgery, ie bath, baby shampoo and hairdryer. Feeling great. I am keeping the white tape across my forehead for another day because there is still some mild swelling above (about 1cm below the hairline), and I don't want to see that moving downwards to my eyes.

I have now stopped the anti-swelling pills (well, I ran out) and the Graftcyte spray, which did not do my existing hair much good. Still another day of antibiotics to go, and I increased my Proscar intake to once a day.

Other than that, nothing much to report. Slept very well every night since the surgery, no pain at all in the donor area, just the expected tightness. Still have my full stock of pain killers (Aleve + codeine)! If anyone needs it...

Hairworthy,

Nice to see your most recent pics! Glad to hear that things went well for you. Your hair is going to look excellent later this year. Too bad I missed you guys Friday evening.

Yes, South Florida is a great place to live (expecially this time of year). We did get hit with two hurricanes last year though here in Lauderdale.

Best wishes!

Originally posted by Doc Patient:

Too bad I missed you guys Friday evening.

It's not too late buddy. Pat and I are going out again tonight, roughly at the corner of US1 and Sunrise Blvd. Fancy coming along? Send me a PM if so!!!

South Florida is a great place to live (expecially this time of year). We did get hit with two hurricanes last year though here in Lauderdale.

I know. My house was spared though!!

It's looking really good! I can't believe that just a few days after HT #2 you can't even tell you had something done. That's just great. Keep us posted with the photos.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Worthy,

Just curious...............why did you increase your Proscar doseage to once a day??

Hairbank

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Just curious...............why did you increase your Proscar doseage to once a day??

Well I'm not too sure myself to be honest. To "saturate" my system with Fin during the recovery process? I have also restarted MSM & will stick to it for the next 3 months.

Today was my first day back at work, after what everybody thinks was a vacation. So there were lots of people coming to my office to chat... the ultimate test, 5 days post-op. Well not one "suspicious" look, not one comment, it's as if I had never had surgery. My new scar feels great too. Can't believe the old, large scar from my UK HT is not there anymore. Dr E really did a fantastic job, I still can't believe it. Worth every cent.

Hairworthy - that's exciting and I agree, that is indeed the ultimate test of a successful HT. That's why I'm leaning now towards Dr. Epstein or Dr. Shapiro. Both come highly recommended, don't require shaving of the recipient site and I believe both do exceptional hairlines.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Originally posted by hairworthy:

Well I'm not too sure myself to be honest. To "saturate" my system with Fin during the recovery process? I have also restarted MSM & will stick to it for the next 3 months.

Today was my first day back at work, after what everybody thinks was a vacation. So there were lots of people coming to my office to chat... the ultimate test, 5 days post-op. Well not one "suspicious" look, not one comment, it's as if I had never had surgery. My new scar feels great too. Can't believe the old, large scar from my UK HT is not there anymore. Dr E really did a fantastic job, I still can't believe it. Worth every cent.

Hairworthy,

Glad to hear that things are going so well. I think you will be very happy with the way your donor heals up. I'm just coming up to the two month mark after my 2nd procedure with Dr. E. The donor incision is essentially undetectable to my sense of touch at this point. I don't even feel a ridge anymore. It's amazing!

Also I had a few grafts put into the widow's peak. I'm seeing some sprouting there already.

Are you going to use minoxidil?

I think you will be very happy with the way your donor heals up.

Tell you what, I'm happy already!!

Are you going to use minoxidil?

No, I have never been a fan of that stuff. Too greasy, too messy for me. I'll stick to my own "recovery recipe" of Fin, Vit C & MSM, keeping my fingers crossed for minimal shock loss.