When is it enough?

I'm about 1 month post-op from my second HT. In total, I have had 4600+ FU to the frontal 1/3. I have no crown loss or visable thining....38 yrs old, been on propecia for over 2yrs....I have yet to see the final results of my second HT...and I find myself already thinking about how much more hair I can get!!I don't know if it's hair greed or I am just addicted...lol...When can you say that enough is enough...Where does it end? Are HT like other cosmetic procedures? When you get a face lift...look good...than you need lipo...tummy tuck...etc...etc..., For you guys out there with more expirience, when were you satisfied? Is it just me? Unbeleivable....

Just a thought from the peanut gallery....

I'm about 1 month post-op from my second HT. In total, I have had 4600+ FU to the frontal 1/3. I have no crown loss or visable thining....38 yrs old, been on propecia for over 2yrs....I have yet to see the final results of my second HT...and I find myself already thinking about how much more hair I can get!!I don't know if it's hair greed or I am just addicted...lol...When can you say that enough is enough...Where does it end? Are HT like other cosmetic procedures? When you get a face lift...look good...than you need lipo...tummy tuck...etc...etc..., For you guys out there with more expirience, when were you satisfied? Is it just me? Unbeleivable....

Just a thought from the peanut gallery....

It's never enough icon_biggrin.gif

You will be fine--your HT doc will tell you when your being too OCD about your hair......the math is always right, everyone can only do what their donor will let them.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Good question. When should a patient stop transplanting hairs into a particular area.

There are many factors that should be considered when making that decision. How much hair did you start with? How old are you? What is your family history of hair loss? Are your goals realistic? You may want to consider saving some donor to help give coverage if other areas of thinning develop. Or do you just go for it and pray for cloning. One thing I know for sure is that you should wait until this most recent procedure grows in completely before you make any decisions. Everyone has certain limit of available donor follicles. Make sure you use them very wisely!