Is a cure closer than we think? (linked articles)

Nobody really knows how far away we are from cloning, cures, etc., but I for one am cautiously optimistic that within the next 10 years or so we will have better tools to fight baldness. That's why I'm VERY hesitant to undergo a traditional strip surgery. I'm only 26 years old and I would hate to live the rest of my life with a scar that may prove to be a vestige from an antiquated method in a relatively short time from now. One has to believe that at the least there will continue to be refinements to FUE, and that strip will someday be obsolete.

Even if FUE develops, I don't really see it becoming anything more than an adjunct to strip. Too much FUE will leave your donor area moth eaten, as opposed to a thin scar line that can be hidden with exisiting hair.

I understand why you would be hesitant, but I think waiting around hoping for something better is just lost time since there are no gurantees. My point on linking this article was to show everyone that (while everyone used to say 5 years 5 years), the reality is things are getting close.

My point was that since scarring from FUE is usually minimal in appearance when compared to strip, in my opinion it would make sense to undergo that type of surgery now, and hope for breakthroughs later. If you undergo strip, you will forever be limited in your options because of the appearance of a 30cm long scar. 20 years from now there may not be any breakthroughs of note, but at least I won't have to concern myself with a strip scar. In my opinion, short hair on the sides and coverage over the frontal 2/3rd's looks better than the longer hair necessary to cover a strip scar with a balding area in the back (i.e. Joe Biden).