Need advice! Hakan Doganay HT scheduled in or wait till 2015 / another surgeon?w

Hi all,

i'm booked in with Dr Hakan Doganay next month for 3,000 grafts, FUE - but i'm starting to feel anxious about it.

My decision to use him was three fold, he's recommended on this Forum, the costs attached are very affordable and i've seen some impressive results from him.

However, i'm starting to feel anxious and questioning my decision. To date, the communication from his team has been mediocre. He's moving to a temporary clinic in Istanbul in December, so not sure how set up he'll be, and lately i've seen mixed reviews from patients on this Forum, which include not so great HT results, lack of transparency on a number of levels, including his involvement through out the procedure.

So my question is, should I wait another year or so (just started using propecia and Lorenzo recommended me I wait till next year once my hair is stabilised) save several thousand Euro's more and use Dr Jose Lorenzo? or just bite the bullet and go with Doganay, who should come in with a decent result.

I'd like to get it over with really and have been saving for a couple years, so to do it next month as planned (I also managed to get 4 weeks off work) would be ideal, but would wait if it's the more sensible thing to do… it's confusing.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated…

Thanks

I went to Dr Hakan a couple of weeks ago , i too had doubts right up to the day of flying ..i mean heading off to a country I've never been too and letting a Dr I've never met operate on my scalp?! :) . Again i too toyed with the idea of Lorenzo i came to the choice that at my time of life (just below 40 ) and with non hair things to pay for that i would take the leap with Dr Hakan .

You can read my review on the whole thing if you look through my posts , i won't know the results clearly but everything else before it and after (i've had two emails asking how i am since i returned home ) has been first class.

I was in Antalya but Dr Hakan has already done a few ops in Istanbul , a guy on here was there recently.

• 1 month later...
I went to Dr Hakan a couple of weeks ago , i too had doubts right up to the day of flying ..i mean heading off to a country I've never been too and letting a Dr I've never met operate on my scalp?! :) . Again i too toyed with the idea of Lorenzo i came to the choice that at my time of life (just below 40 ) and with non hair things to pay for that i would take the leap with Dr Hakan .

You can read my review on the whole thing if you look through my posts , i won't know the results clearly but everything else before it and after (i've had two emails asking how i am since i returned home ) has been first class.

I was in Antalya but Dr Hakan has already done a few ops in Istanbul , a guy on here was there recently.

I too am booked with same Dr also wondering am I doing the right thing there are Drs that charge less but they seem only in getting your money they are inpatient when you ask questions to quick to ask for deposit I would have gone with one of the others but it was the money grab even though they are a lot cheaper I think I will just pay the bigger fee

Based on my research, I would strongly consider another recommended FUE doctor, for example, Dr. Feriduni or Dr. Lorenzo. Good luck.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Is that doctor Lorenzo of Manchester? If so I had a look at his work very good but I fear it maybe very expensive based on work Dr Dogany has posted it appears he does good work nothing realy negative about him on net and I have been looking . Please allaborate thanks

Dr. Lorenzo has since moved to Madrid, and his prices have gone down. Surely, you will end up paying more, but you will also end up going to one of the best FUE surgeons in the world (opinion). I would contact his office for further details. There are many doctors to choose from; I am just advising you to thread carefully. Best of luck!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Ed, I would consider checking Dr. Erdogan in Istanbul as well. He uses manual extraction only and has a price range not much more expensive than Dr. Hakan. I think Dr. Hakan is a good doctor, but if in doubt, do some extra research on the surgeons mentioned above. Best of luck

Dear Delaney thank you for your post I am beginning to think you may have a good point there are questions that I have been asking over the past few days concerning my Fue but up till now I have had no responce From my dr alarm bells ringing I looked up Lorenzo and the only details I find are at Fargo clinic Manchester I know he is doing a worshop with Dr koray in Turkey in June I am getting worried about motorised extraction thinking manual is best I like the idea of implanting with choi pen less invasive it seems that most of the good Drs do manual extraction what is you opinion

Dannyboxing .

If you go to Lorenzo the extractions will most likely be done by techs and its the same with dr Erdoğan.

There's a resent thread started here and over a two day procedure dr Erdoğan spent between 60-80 mins with the patient.

Lorenzo is a lot cheaper now he is back in Spain but he does not do all the work as he used to.

Both IMO are still outstanding docs but you should be aware of the above so your not surprised if you go with either.

Have a good day

At the moment don't know what to do I have a scheduled date but the Dr doesn't seem to reply to my emails I have emailed uk hair transplants they have been in the media celebrity clients so you know they are real they charge more about 6 grand a lot have to horror money but least I can talk to them in English and go visit them for Consultatio not just arrive and have treatment I soppose it is better to kiss my airfares away the worst thing is the that this is the second set of air tickets they told me tickets to istanbul and then changed location to Antalya flight times to Antalya range from 7hours to 20 hrs as you can't fly direct so I bought a second set of tickets so it makes it even worse that Dr dogany will not respond to a simple email very bad show considering I would be paying about 4.5 grand I think I have had enough of this bull crap no way to treat clients

To be honest I use that address and always get a reply in hours , easyjet cost me about 150 return. Like many places overseas i only had a online quote , I know Spex off here is holding an open day in London soon , he knows whats what.....get in contact with him.

Ihave been sending emails for days the right email address just press reply can't go wrong or so I thought realy not happy communication the most important thing chasing people to give them money you don't have buying airline tickets with money you don't realy have to spend so so wrong

To give the clinic the benefit of doubt sometimes the old fashioned way works best and pick up the phone then you know that you have made contact with them. Whilst it is likely that your emails are getting through maybe for some reason they are not.

I am sure you have a number of questions and having a chat might be the best way to answer these.

I wish you all the best.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks Spitfire, which means it possibly wasn't received. I think when contacting clinics people need to be aware that if you haven't received a reply and several days have passed perhaps your email did not get through.

It might be a case that clinics are slack with their replies or just very busy and take longer to get around to answering but sometimes mail just doesn't get through especially if you are attaching photos with that mail.

Glad to hear you were able to help.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson