3020 FUE Grafts by Dr. Maras HDC Cyprus Feeling Great Already

tyro

Hello Guys,

After 8 years of emotional & Psychological suffering due to my sudden hair loss at the age of 27, I have finally gathered the courage to do something about it. I have my hair transplant done on 30th and 31st October by Dr. Maras at HDC Cyprus.

I have been on this forum for more than an year. The experience of other members on this forum did not only help me decide if Hair Transplant is for me, but also greatly helped me to decide about the doctor and clinic.

I am on day 10 today, so most of the postoperative symptoms such swelling of forehead and face are already gone.

I would be posting regularly about my progress.

Thanks to everyone who helped me in pursuit to get my hair back. I can't express the difference I already feel in my face and in my confidence.

image.jpg.67071288d659444e18cdcc4e1769c254.jpg

Edited by tyro
Photos Attachment

Hi KO,

Thank you, you remember that I was so confused about the clinic, but I am so happy that I made the right choice. Do you know I can upload multiple photos, sadly I I dint know how to start a new thread, otherwise I could have started from day one.

Here is my current phot just took now. I took it just under my kitchen light.

I want to post my photos before transplant and after in the same post, but when I attach next photo it replaces the previous one in manGe attachment option.

image.jpg.a2e049cb1a258ce7d0d7c0776cf5e304.jpg

Yes I was tempted with a very cheap quotation from Dr. Maral and it is close to Cyprus as well. but While I am already in cyprus now a days and I have seen so many good results from HDC on this forum I decided to go with them. I was in Cyprus last year November 2013 as well, and had assessment done by Dr. Maras at HDC. In my confusion about the clinic, I went to see Dr. Kyriokos Maras at HDC, he was once again so accurate about everything he said last year, and I decided to go with them there and than, and I am so happy that I did,

this is not a small matter to decide about clinic, it is not like trying a barber and if you have a wrong hair style, you can grow hair and get it fixes by someone else.

This is too much detailed work, graft by graft.

Thanks mate, I am on day 10, and everything feels normal now, what do you mean by posting on blog, I thought the best way was to post a new thread, also my uploaded photos are coming upside down, is it something wrong that I am doing in uploading.

Thanks mate, I am on day 10, and everything feels normal now, what do you mean by posting on blog, I thought the best way was to post a new thread, also my uploaded photos are coming upside down, is it something wrong that I am doing in uploading.

How are you uploading? phone or computer?

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

Hi Guys,

I have visited the clinic yesterday and asked them to provide me with photos of myself. Finally I have figured out how to upload as well. I also took some photos, which I will upload when I get a chance, please let me know what do you think of my results, I haven't lost any transplanted hair yet. I have only one small problem that there is a lot of dandruff in my head since transplant.

1-Before_zps16e203e8.jpg

2-Beforeleft_zps49e23225.jpg

3-Beforeright_zpsbb459d1d.jpg

Immediately after first day

4-Immediatelyafter1stDay_zpsaab410d6.jpg

Immediately after second day

5-Immediatelyafter2ndDay_zps58c247f8.jpg

DONOR

6-Immediatelyafterdonor_zps33663cda.jpg

10 DAYS LATER

7-10dayspostop_zpsc2767a66.jpg

8-10dayspostopside_zps33118ad1.jpg

9-10dayspostopright_zps690d82ad.jpg

Tyro,

Looking good, but it seems the bald area over middle part (3rd, back part marked with pen) was not transplanted, why? Immediate post- ops picture shows this area is still bald. Did Maras leave it for the next session? Or, what was the reason not to cover this area?

I also wonder the appearance of the transplanted hairs over temple areas. Transplanted hairs are thicker than the original hairs over temple hairline, and may look unnatural with ageing, please keep post the results, especially side views.

Did Maras tell you before the operation that one more session would be necessary to cover this area? And, how did he charge? per graft?

Hello Tyro and first of all congratulations.

I was also wondering as to why the dr did not give you full coverage.

Going back a few years it was far more common place for a two step approach but we are now firmly in the era of the mega session were a 4000+fue is quite common place

Whilst it still does happen quite a lot the full coverage approach is what i think most people opt for as would i.A solid hairline and coverage then a second procedure to add density.

Was this the dr's plan or yours or a joint decision and did the dr give a explanation as to the advantages or disadvantages of this approach?

All that said i do like the look and density and you should get a good outcome.

All the best with the recovery and may i wish you the best of results.

Have a nice day.

Edited by 1966kph

4000 FUE is commonplace, but it is not commonly successful. Most reputed surgeons will not do 4k in one day, 2.5 k is probably about it. You could do it on successive days, but even then too many grafts is not advised.

FUE (manual) introduced, FUT doers blamed FUE (manual) doers for high transsection rates, LATER, ............

FUE (mikromotor) introduced, both FUT and manual FUE doers blamed mikromotor powered FUE doers for lack of hand precision and higher transection rates. LATER........

(While you insert a screw to the wall or wood, which provides easiness and precision? Screwdriver with hand power, or (pneumatic) power drill??;))

The (man of) pysicians who transfer maximum 1000-1500 grafts per day blamed the professional HT teams who can transfer 4000+ grafts in one day for less growth. LATER........... time will show and judge.

KO, considering you are not a plastic surgeon who knows the very details of the HT facts , which physician/clinic do you support and who trained you?

I am the marketing representative of Maral Hair Transplant and Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Klinik in Istanbul, Turkey.

Hello. :)

I am considering having my second hair transplant at HDC clinc, with Dr. Kyriakos Maras.

I have a few questions, and would be Grateful if you could be so kind and answer them for me. I can't afford to make another mistake :/

- Dr. Maras speaks good English?

. Does he design the hairline, punch the holes and implant himself? Is the staff english-speaking?

- I am having repair from previous bad FUT surgery. My head looks like a doll's hair, just like straw. Is this the place to go, you think? I have searched the web, but can't say I've seen an abundance of posts from the clinic. Though they appear professional to me, especially through e-mail.

- Did they pick you up at the airport and see to it that you got from destination to destination without a hitch?

- Is there tax? How did you go about paying for the treatment? There aren't any hidden costs? They pay for the "hotel" and food?

- Is there anything in particular I should be wary of?

Many thanks! I appreciate it.

By the way, how are you feeling now?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello. :)

I am considering having my second hair transplant at HDC clinc, with Dr. Kyriakos Maras.

I have a few questions, and would be Grateful if you could be so kind and answer them for me. I can't afford to make another mistake :/

- Dr. Maras speaks good English?

. Does he design the hairline, punch the holes and implant himself? Is the staff english-speaking?

- I am having repair from previous bad FUT surgery. My head looks like a doll's hair, just like straw. Is this the place to go, you think? I have searched the web, but can't say I've seen an abundance of posts from the clinic. Though they appear professional to me, especially through e-mail.

- Did they pick you up at the airport and see to it that you got from destination to destination without a hitch?

- Is there tax? How did you go about paying for the treatment? There aren't any hidden costs? They pay for the "hotel" and food?

- Is there anything in particular I should be wary of?

Many thanks! I appreciate it.

By the way, how are you feeling now?

Hi TheMirrorOfDreams,

Dr Maras speaks very good English. I am sure if you contact the clinic we will be able to show you results similar to your case. In order to post a case we get the ok from the patient therefore we cannot post all of our patient's results. If your procedure is over 1500 grafts we provide accommodation at self catering apartments directly opposite the clinic and provide food for the days of the procedure. We always pick you up from the airport and of course take you back when leaving.

If we have already quoted you a price that means that there are no hidden costs. On top we provide a free blood test.

Regards

Alex

Edited by ALEXD

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I also wonder the appearance of the transplanted hairs over temple areas. Transplanted hairs are thicker than the original hairs over temple hairline, and may look unnatural with ageing, please keep post the results, especially side views.

Did Maras tell you before the operation that one more session would be necessary to cover this area? And, how did he charge? per graft?

Dr. Maras said that i would not get density if i try to cover all the area. will post some photos, it has been 10 weeks since transplant. the new hair started to grow. I agree with the temple work, they could use some more graft on temple.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...