why some transplanted hairs does not shed after HT?

hi

i had HT almost 3 month ago. the new hairs are started to growth very slightly. my question is about the hairs that didn't fall at all after my HT! they continue to growth and they are abut 3 cm now. are these hairs going to make problem for the hairs that will growth in their place at future? i mean what will be the difference between the hairs start to growth after 3 month and the hairs that began to growth from beginning of HT?

i sent two pictures. the first one is before HT. the second one is about 70 days after HT. all hairs you see in second pic, are the same hairs that didn't fall after HT and resumed to their growth!

Thanks.

1.JPG.66b3ceb2f6a7346a3290c4752219f1b1.JPG

2.JPG.3b30ad1e1291136ac5d2117dce316b5f.JPG

I'm not sure that anyone can explain why hairs sometimes refuse to shed after hair transplant surgery but continue to grow instead. There is nothing to worry about in this case and it should be looked upon as a bonus! The end result will not be compromised.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hello. This incident of continued growth is an uncommon condition that could be related to your physiology, post-op care products, or the amount of trauma that is created during your procedure. I'd enjoy seeing the surgery photos if you have any. Thanks for sharing, Alidigi3333!

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

thanks fr your comments.

i want to know if any other person has a experience like that?

i went to doctor and he examined my scalp and said new hairs are comming out, but are so small and cant be seen easily. he said it is normal to have some percent of hairs continue to their growth right after Ht.

if any other person has a similar experience, please share with me.

for example i found the other person in this site that after two month of HT, some of his hairs aren't fall at all. the picture is following link:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/uploads_user/185000/184744/21809.jpg

Edited by alidigi3333
make complete

alidigi3333,

In the five years that I've been a moderator for this community, I've probably received 20 or so emails asking this same question so I wouldn't call it entirely uncommon. It happens from time to time and I'm sure it has more to do with physiology than anything else.

Most of the people that write to me want to know if it's a bad sign if the hairs don't shed. As I've already stated, this will not impact your final results. Simply enjoy that fact that you didn't need to watch your newly transplanted grafts fall out.

All the best!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

The hair that continues to grow is supported by follicles that have not retreated into the resting (telogen) phase. For the most part, grafts shed 2-3 weeks post-op almost entirely related to the trauma of the procedure. In days of old, when the instruments used to create the recipient sites were much more invasive, nearly all of the grafts shed.

As the instruments continue to be refined, we see a higher percent of the grafts continue to remain and grow. There is nothing wrong nor detrimental about this. It's the lower level of trauma experienced overall in the recipient area. And simply put, all hair follicles behave in a cyclical intermittent manner including the transplanted ones. This is a good thing because if the transplanted grafts all shed at the same time and then cycled into the growth phase concurrently, we would undoubtedly experience subsequent periods of pronounced visual thinning and density. There would be periods where out hair would appear thick and then periods of low density.

This is why we can never fairly judge the merits of any HT procedure without giving it at least 12 to 15 months post-op. Then at least all of the hair follicles have adequate time to move into resting, shedding, and growth and to attain at least several inches of length in the hair shafts.

And also why I never support adding new grafts "within the same surface area" within twelve months, nine moths at the earliest. There could be some late blooming hair that has not yet broken the surface area of the scalp and the risk is the potential transection of that late blooming hair.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It has been almost a month since my HT. Grafts were placed in two areas - my crown, and up front to fill in the temples and lower the hairline.

After two weeks the hairs from the grafts began shedding, more so from the crown than up front. Some of the hairs have remained, perhaps about 10-15%.

Sounds perfectly normal...;)

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

thanks for your comments.

now i know that is quite normal and it differs from person to person. after new examine my doctor said that there is a lot of small new coming out hairs on my scalp, which are still very fine . i want to know when a newly growing hair is visible easily. i mean how long it takes to be as like as a normal hair?

i ask this question because it is almost 3.5 month after my HT and i don't know what should i expect in this stage? (except for hairs that didn't shed)

The newly grown hair shafts will tend to have a thicker degree of caliber and even the color of them can appear more pronounced.

The entire procedure takes at least twelve full months to mature so you have lots coming.

Gillenator