In Australia, Where to fly for HT?

engineering

Hi Everyone,

I've just found this forum, lots of great info here.

I'm considering getting a HT but based on my own research I think I should stay away from surgeons within Australia.

I'm just wondering where people from Australia have flown to for their procedures?

I see Dr. Path is the closest (and possibly cheapest) option however I haven't seen any recent good examples of his work. I get the vibe that people are no longer getting good results from him.

I was initially happy to fly to Thailand to get my procedure done with him but am now having second thoughts.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, just need some guidance from people who have had more experience with HTs.

Thanks

Just check out the recommended list. I have heard good things about Dr. Path but still you should get as many opinions are possible. You should not base your decision strictly on price or locations.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Don't go to Dr Path. I don't know whether you want FUT or FUE, but some of the best docs are Konier, Rahal and Hasson & Wong (US/Canada), Feriduni, Bisanga, Mwamba (Belgium) and Lorenzo (Spain). I'm on the fence with the Turkish docs (Erdogan, Doganay, Demisroy et al)

Thanks for the replies.

Fue2014 what in particular is putting you on the fence about the Turkish doctors? I spent a lot (too much) of time looking at their work yesterday and I like both of their work, especially Erdogan.

My hair loss is mainly on my temples and the Middle front part and my goal is to restore my hairline which seems to be Erdogan's specialty.

The prices for the Turkish doctors are also much more affordable... I don't know if I could afford much more than 2.5eu / graft Erdogan offers.

Also, of the other doctors you suggested which should I look at for hairline work by FUE?

Hi Engineering, the user experiences here with Hakan have been rather mixed and with Erdogan, I don't like the sort of conveyor belt system he operates with several operations on the go in one day. I know these guys need to be profitable but I am more old fashioned and prefer a doc such as Lorenzo or Konier who gives you all of his time and is not letting his techs do most of the work while shuttling between patients. However, that is why Konier and Lorenzo are expensive, because they are much more hands on. In terms of FUE, Lorenzo is unquestanably number 1, but if you want someone a bit cheaper then perhaps Dr Erdogan is your best bet, because despite my reservations, his results do seem to be pretty good on the whole. Another doc who I have been impressed with but you don't see a lot of his work documented here is Dr Maras in Cyprus, check out this guy's results here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169642-dr-maras-hdc-hair-transplant-clinic-3050-fue-grafts.html

Hey Engineering how are you mate?

What the guys have mentioned is spot on

on, try to keep the playing field wide and review as many cases as possible, I'd always recommend going through results with similar loss patterns as yourself. As you mentioned the area is mainly frontal thirds pay particular attention to those cases. There is a million and one things to learn throughout the forum, the search guide will be a life saver also.

Location and price should he the last concern, choosing the right Doc and clinic for you, that's is the priority.

Mike.

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Hey mate, are able to flick me a PM with your email, my phone has some troubles with the forum when posting :)

Mike.

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

• 5 months later...

I'm also in the same boat. Hair loss is limited to receding hairline/temples, and I'm not going to bother investigating here in Australia.

Dr Path in Bangkok seems to be a good option, but there's no recent reviews on him and Dr Pong (not accredited by this forum) seems to be the new Thai surgeon with a few conversations with good results floating around about him.

Regardless of who I choose, it's going to require an overseas trip and I'm not fussy on location, I just want the high density coverage to cover my receded temples- lol. It would be great to hear from Australians who have travelled to correct a receding hairline- regardless of whether the experience was good or bad.

At this early stage I'm looking at Dr Rahal (Canada) as an option.

Hey mate I'd be happy to share, I had my procedure in June 2011 correcting temporal and recession areas, hit my email and I get back to you asap.

I have done exactly what you are after and also work with the Rahal clinic now.

Happy to assist!

Mike

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo