FUE on Nov 12th. How will I look at Christmas?

Hi, first post here. I'm getting FUE treatment done in Malaga on November 12th and I'm just wondering what I'll look like come Christmas because I've a lot of events on then. I'm swallowed skinned so I heard this helps somewhat. I'm 24, not sure if this has an impact. Nervous and excited. Thanks!

Edit: just to be clear I don't expect to see hair growth by then, I was just wondering if I would be back to pre-op look by then or will I still look strange? Thanks.

transplanted hair begins shedding two weeks after your HT and follicles enter a resting phase. most of the transplanted hair starts growing after 6 months.

So will I look worse 6 weeks after fue than I do before getting it or will it just look like nothing has changed? Thanks

So will I look worse 6 weeks after fue than I do before getting it or will it just look like nothing has changed? Thanks

What area are you having done? From what I'd read you would look the same as you were pre surgery although the might be some redness on the scalp. I I believe some people can get a small amount of shock loss with HT, but I think thats only when people have HT in the crown area.

What area are you having done? From what I'd read you would look the same as you were pre surgery although the might be some redness on the scalp. I I believe some people can get a small amount of shock loss with HT, but I think thats only when people have HT in the crown area.

Thanks for replying, I'm having the front temple area done. The hair I have now has some length so if I don't have to shave it I was hoping to cover up any redness by just brushing this hair forward. I don't want to look like the family weirdo at christmas. :-/

From my recent experience I would say you are screwed. I am just kidding.

After 6 weeks most of the grafts will have shed. You may have some shock loss (I did). Besides that you may still have some redness and you may have some pimples, but if you heal well, it should not be very noticeable. Taking cool showers and not using a hot blow dryer Helped me with the redness. Around 10 weeks I started getting more pimples. Good luck!!!

From my recent experience I would say you are screwed. I am just kidding.

After 6 weeks most of the grafts will have shed. You may have some shock loss (I did). Besides that you may still have some redness and you may have some pimples, but if you heal well, it should not be very noticeable. Taking cool showers and not using a hot blow dryer Helped me with the redness. Around 10 weeks I started getting more pimples. Good luck!!!

Haha thanks for terrifying me initially. I don't mind too much if pimples etc come after 10 weeks, I'll be laying low after Christmas anyway so I'll deal with that then. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how I react personally. Thanks for all the replies.

Are you planning on taking Finasteride? This should help considerably with any potential shock loss. I don't think I experienced any loss of my regular hairs and even managed to maintain some of the transplanted ones after surgery. By 4 weeks, I was already going back to work without a hat, my head completely buzzed, and no one noticed a thing. The main concern for me was the redness of my scalp in the front (and it's still just a tad bit red now even at 12 weeks), but even my peers who knew I had the transplant said the redness wasn't noticeable/alarming. If anything, it just looked like my scalp was a little sunburnt.

It's my opinion that you'll most likely be completely fine by week 6, especially if you're taking the Finasteride. Congrats on being proactive and getting it done! Keep us posted on your progress.

Btw... My profile picture was taken at the 4 week mark, just to give you an idea of my healing process. And if you're planning on keeping your hair longer on top, you may even be able to hide any potential problems in the recipient area if there are any.

PK

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Are you planning on taking Finasteride? This should help considerably with any potential shock loss. I don't think I experienced any loss of my regular hairs and even managed to maintain some of the transplanted ones after surgery. By 4 weeks, I was already going back to work without a hat, my head completely buzzed, and no one noticed a thing. The main concern for me was the redness of my scalp in the front (and it's still just a tad bit red now even at 12 weeks), but even my peers who knew I had the transplant said the redness wasn't noticeable/alarming. If anything, it just looked like my scalp was a little sunburnt.

It's my opinion that you'll most likely be completely fine by week 6, especially if you're taking the Finasteride. Congrats on being proactive and getting it done! Keep us posted on your progress.

Btw... My profile picture was taken at the 4 week mark, just to give you an idea of my healing process. And if you're planning on keeping your hair longer on top, you may even be able to hide any potential problems in the recipient area if there are any.

PK

Thanks for the in depth reply I really appreciate it. I do plan on taking proscar after the treatment. If my recipient area looked like yours after 4 weeks Id be absolutely delighted. Looks excellent!

Thanks for the in depth reply I really appreciate it. I do plan on taking proscar after the treatment. If my recipient area looked like yours after 4 weeks Id be absolutely delighted. Looks excellent!

Just a thought, but it may be beneficial to start taking the Finasteride before your actual surgery so that it starts working beforehand. Check with your doctor and get his opinion of course, but it's my understanding that it's better to let your body/hair get a head start with the drug.

Good luck! Check back in with us after your surgery. (Or beforehand if you need to get feedback/support for any potential pre-op jitters... :):):)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56