Dr. Koray Erdogan - Asmed Clinic follow up

delm

Two months after my surgery, I haven't received any follow up emails from them checking up on me, and my emails go unanswered. Anyone else have the same experience?

That's a little worrying. I'm thinking of going with Erdogan for my HT so a little troubling to read that follow-up might not be great with them. I guess its possible your email might have been caught in a spam filter? Maybe give them a quick call.

hi,

this worries me . I have my HT with Dr.Erdogan next week ( 21.10.2014).

also the given instability in turkey at the moment scarces me. I expected the clinic to be professional enough to do regular follow ups.

Agree totally about paying under the table. They accept no cards or bank transfer. only cash payment accepted which does not look really nice

• 11 months later...

Try not emailing weekends, all my emails have been answered promptly but when it comes to a weekend you get nothing as the clinic is shut sometimes I've had a response later in the week from my weekend email and sometimes nothing so I make sure I resend it through the week if I forget about the weekend thing

Regardless of been a year later someone could come across your post as I did and knowing they won't get a response over the weekend will be good info for them.

Forums arnt just for when the topic is posted, people can learn and find things out from forum posts years old

Regardless of that how was your experience with Dr koray?

I never once made a claim that it was okay for the clinic to ignore emails so that point is invalid, I was putting the point across the clinic is shut on weekends so to people thinking of emailing it's better to email through the week I have found from my experience.

can I ask which was so bad? Did the transplant turn out okay? You just arnt satisfied with the aftercare? Or was he transplant and aftercare both terrible?

Id like to know more about your situation and you can pm me but if you do not want to that's fine

Hi Delm,

That's very disappointing that Asmed performed the HT, grabbed the cash, and then didn't reply back when you had questions at the 2 month mark. it's now been 12 months, any by the sounds of it they never bothered.

The poor communication would frustrate me too, but I could forgive it so long as the results were good. Communication aside, 12 months down the road are you happy with the outcome of the HT? Erdogan gets high praise on the forum for yield and density, if this was not the case for you it would be good to hear another perspective.

Ersko

I am sorry you had this bad experience, but I thank you for posting it. It helps people know the truth about doctors like this who are pushed so hard and made so popular by their reps, by giving discounts to those who advertise for them, and who might appear to be good simply due to the large number of posts they can flood the boards with . Some appear to be much better than what they really are because no one speaks out about their bad experiences with them. People are sucked into using them when they might choose differently if they knew all the facts. i also initially considered Dr. Erdogan for a HT and thankfully it did not happen. I later learned so many bad things about that place despite some people claiming to get good results. I don't doubt a few have, but the sun even shines on a dog's A$* every now and then.

Dr. Erdogan's clinic floods the boards here with results and people never say anything bad because they are ashamed to post their negative results or are afraid to write about them. There is no mention of what he is doing to very young patients that others would not touch albeit with graft numbers that are questionable and far exceed what others will use. I have heard from a patient I spoke to that he has also used grafts from outside of their area most doctors consider the "safe zone" . I can see that in several photos that I have seen and this might be why you are experiencing loss after the transplant. I have heard many horror stories about Dr. Erdogan dumping people like he did you and not responding to their attempts to contact him. Yes, they apparently take your payment under the table as you said. It is completely unacceptable that they took your money and ran while not replying to any of your emails or issues at all. It is no accident . Believe me. No one with the title of DR. in front of their name who is respectable would ever do that to a patient. I know others who they also ignored and did not respond to. It is because they are most likely on the other side of the world from you and there is nothing you can do about it from where you are located.

You should continue to post here and on the results board as often as possible to make others aware of your experience and to help others to not have to experience it. Without doing so, people are not aware of the truth. People are attracted to the relatively cheaper prices of Dr. Erdogan. They need to realize it is a big CLINIC for a reason...so they can run it like a mill and try to have as many people as possible in it . He performs multiple surgeries in a day and often two at the same time from what I was told by a patient. In medicine, quality suffers when quantity and speed become priorities. According to those I have spoken to, Dr. Erdogan is often present only to draw the hairline and remove grafts. The techs do all the rest of the work and that can cause very inconsistent results. I have seen very inconsistent results from Dr. Erdogan that are not posted here because the clinic will certainly not advertise them nor advertise the people like you who they dumped. Patients can tend to also be ashamed or afraid to post their negative results and experiences. A patient can go over there thinking they are getting Dr. Erdogan for their entire surgery when they are getting almost nothing but techs working on them. One person has one set of techs and another person has a different set of techs so how can their results be the same ? it is a total crap shoot. According to someone I know who also went there, you barely see Dr. Erdogan at all during the surgery for the most part. They don't advertise that at all. Once you are there as a patient in surgery and find that out it is too late. They also don't seem to care about putting massive amounts of grafts in someone very young and will even use an extremely aggressive hairline with what appears to be no consideration for their future appearance or loss pattern. They don't fully care about that person nor you apparently . Once they have the money , they are free of dealing with anyone who does not live there and has a problem. What is one of those young patients going to do later when they might have an awful result and are on the other side of the world ? I hear of it happening often, but you unfortunately don't see people posting on here like you did because they are ashamed or afraid. Their negative posts can be attacked or can just be glossed over by representatives or people getting compensation from Dr Erdogan in some way. This board needs more honest posts like yours. After all, it is supposed to be a place to provide information that is honest and true. I am shocked he can actually be a part of a recommended network when he will not respond to a patient post surgery, even if it is by e-mail. I know patients who communicated well with other doctors after a bad experience.

It would be wise for all potential patients to not search for the cheapest option for a HT and to do their research in order to find the best doctor available.... even if that means waiting longer to be able to do so. The best doctor is not always the one advertising the most or the one that will do something for a patient that the others are not willing to. Take into consideration all that you hear about doctors and not just the good things or the things that only support what you want to hear. People should try to search for something bad about a doctor in consideration as everyone will have the means and can pay to advertise something good about themselves. Finally, consider what will happen if something goes wrong after your procedure and how that will be addressed. Would anyone want to be ignored like this patient was by Dr. Erdogan after spending their money and investing their limited number of grafts in their important procedure ?

Delm, I wish you the best of luck with your situation and in a possible additional procedure that can give you a result that makes you happy if you choose to have another. Best of luck to you !

Edited by CJD

I understand all your points you have mentioned but the point you made about taking into consideration there bad points, that's pretty hard since nearly every doctor on here has a few bad results every patient is different obviously and not everyone can have fantastic results which needs to be made clear to other people considering a transplant

I know it's a case of how it's dealt with afterwards too like it is not okay delm got ignored but then Ive come across threads where people have had a bad result and been responded to and offered touch ups etc for free

The bottom line is you come across good and bad cases with almost every surgeon obviously in some of the top surgeons it's quite rare and you mainly see good results but I've still heard story's of top surgeons not responding after transplants, not following up to make sure everything is fine, creating below par work which is not acceptable for the amount of grafts which were placed

But I also encourage people to come out of the wood work if that is the case, even though it's a bad result of its posted on here there's more chance of something been done if the moderators get in touch with the clinic etc etc the clinic might feel forced to fix it or even it could all have been excusable for a valid reason

Hi Delm,

Give some details:

How many grafts?

What was your NW degree of baldness before surgery?

Are you satisfied from the result so far after a year?

Can you upload pictures here before and after?

That would be great.

Thanks

I understand all your points you have mentioned but the point you made about taking into consideration there bad points, that's pretty hard since nearly every doctor on here has a few bad results every patient is different obviously and not everyone can have fantastic results which needs to be made clear to other people considering a transplant

I know it's a case of how it's dealt with afterwards too like it is not okay delm got ignored but then Ive come across threads where people have had a bad result and been responded to and offered touch ups etc for free

The bottom line is you come across good and bad cases with almost every surgeon obviously in some of the top surgeons it's quite rare and you mainly see good results but I've still heard story's of top surgeons not responding after transplants, not following up to make sure everything is fine, creating below par work which is not acceptable for the amount of grafts which were placed

But I also encourage people to come out of the wood work if that is the case, even though it's a bad result of its posted on here there's more chance of something been done if the moderators get in touch with the clinic etc etc the clinic might feel forced to fix it or even it could all have been excusable for a valid reason

I agree that any HT carries a certain amount of risk. Results cannot be guaranteed to anyone. It can be pretty hard to do a lot of research. I agree, but that should not stop someone from doing it to try to find the best doc possible. It is too easy to only go by the good results posted by doctors without questioning them or searching for more information. One cannot take everything at face value when looking at things from afar. One must really do a lot of work to discover problems with certain doctors and bad experiences people have had with them. Delm may have done so. It is not his fault either way. Doing so is not even a guarantee, but it just ensures that a patient gets the best possible chance to have the best outcome . People certainly do need to be encouraged to speak out about their bad experiences and tell the truth in order to help everyone have all the facts about the most doctors possible. After all, doctors are not willing to post their bad results nor post about the patients they have treated terribly.

Good docs will follow through with a patient who has a subpar result. That supports my point that this particular doctor does not deserve their reputation . Many docs will offer a redo for free. Some may not. I would say that no good doctor would dismiss a patient and totally ignore all communication attempts by them post surgery. If a doctor is considered good who does that, they should not be after doing that to someone. It defies the basic principles of medicine. Although I know it will not happen, my personal belief is that a doctor should be removed from the list of recommended doctors and not allowed on the forums if it can be proven they treated a patient like that even one time. When a doctor is still recommended after ignoring all patient's communications for months or even a year, it completely diminishes the value of being recommended by this forum and any society.

I agree that any HT carries a certain amount of risk. Results cannot be guaranteed to anyone. It can be pretty hard to do a lot of research. I agree, but that should not stop someone from doing it to try to find the best doc possible. It is too easy to only go by the good results posted by doctors without questioning them or searching for more information. One cannot take everything at face value when looking at things from afar. One must really do a lot of work to discover problems with certain doctors and bad experiences people have had with them. Delm may have done so. It is not his fault either way. Doing so is not even a guarantee, but it just ensures that a patient gets the best possible chance to have the best outcome . People certainly do need to be encouraged to speak out about their bad experiences and tell the truth in order to help everyone have all the facts about the most doctors possible. After all, doctors are not willing to post their bad results nor post about the patients they have treated terribly.

Good docs will follow through with a patient who has a subpar result. That supports my point that this particular doctor does not deserve their reputation . Many docs will offer a redo for free. Some may not. I would say that no good doctor would dismiss a patient and totally ignore all communication attempts by them post surgery. If a doctor is considered good who does that, they should not be after doing that to someone. It defies the basic principles of medicine. Although I know it will not happen, my personal belief is that a doctor should be removed from the list of recommended doctors and not allowed on the forums if it can be proven they treated a patient like that even one time. When a doctor is still recommended after ignoring all patient's communications for months or even a year, it completely diminishes the value of being recommended by this forum and any society.

I understand all your points, and like I say mine been no matter who the doctor there's always going to be a bad result here and there, I would agree if a clinic is to just ignore a patient and cut off all communication due to bad results they should be taken off this list,

But delm is still yet to give any evidence of this happening, no before pics, no after pics, no nothing. Just a message saying he's a bad doctor who ignored him after the transplant and it was bad, I could easily make a profile and say bisanga or another recommended doctor did that to me when I've never met them in my life haha.

I really hope delm shares his experience but thus far he's ignored everybody's messages to see his results etc etc so nothing can be proven

I understand all your points, and like I say mine been no matter who the doctor there's always going to be a bad result here and there, I would agree if a clinic is to just ignore a patient and cut off all communication due to bad results they should be taken off this list,

But delm is still yet to give any evidence of this happening, no before pics, no after pics, no nothing. Just a message saying he's a bad doctor who ignored him after the transplant and it was bad, I could easily make a profile and say bisanga or another recommended doctor did that to me when I've never met them in my life haha.

I really hope delm shares his experience but thus far he's ignored everybody's messages to see his results etc etc so nothing can be proven

Your point was well taken about being able to make something up ;however,

a patient could just as easily post pictures of someone else to appease those demanding their photos...hahaha :)....kidding but I guess they could ???

I understand it would be nice to see pics. Maybe he will post them eventually ? They would certainly confirm his story, but I do tend to see many people disappear who do not have great results for whatever reason. I can understand people not wanting to post their pictures online in that situation. it is really a tough situation. I try to look at it from their perspective. I have seen people be critical of patients once they post photos and people can start attacking them or saying ridiculous things to try to justify the bad outcome. Representatives tend to come out of from everywhere and will say all kinds of the same old BS to try to smooth things over and defend the doctor.

My main problem with what happened has nothing to do with Delm's appearance at this time. People can argue back and forth about that once he posts photos. it is simply that he was ignored completely post op for such a long time. That tells you everything about the doctor and the type of people they really are there. As we agreed, doing that is unacceptable in every way ...PERIOD.. My early comments related to that aspect of this for the most part aside from what I thought was giving good general advice for most people to follow. I know of several instances of this clinic abandoning people and ignoring them so I do not need further proof by Delm about that. I have seen Dr. Erdogan do this before and seen the evidence pertaining to a couple of people first hand. That is why I believe Delm regarding that issue whether he provides proof or not with photos.

Unfortunately, the shame and fear patients have who have very bad experiences keeps them from being open about it. People need to be encouraged to post details of bad experiences to keep this from happening and this forum as honest as possible.

Best of luck to everyone.

That is one of the main things I don't understand on here sometimes, this is a forum for good and bad results to make people aware of certain surgeons,

I do understand the point that people might feel embarrassed of there results or really disappointed and as you said don't want people making certain comments towards them.

But my main point been with all that aside before a transplant they will be posting how they want to give back to this forum as it helped them and blah blah blah, then they get the transplant and if it's a good result again it's posted because they want to help people and show them this Dr is good and to encourage people to go to them

, yet if it's bad they don't want to help people by posting there bad results and warning people to stay away?

I completely agree with you. Some doctors have actually offered discounts for patients if they will document their positive experience online. I have seen so many stop in the middle of doing it and disappear. I can only assume the result ended up turning out bad in those cases. Why else would the patient quit and never post the remaining pictures or comment any longer ? When this happens, representatives usually chime in and comment that the person "has probably gotten on with their life and their good result" , but the truth is they probably are miserable and regretting they ever went to that doctor. I have also seen cases where a doctor will offer to fix a bad procedure for free if the patient does not post about it or talk about it. It is essentially a form of holding them hostage to their poor result. That is the one thing that is so terrible.

I have seen so many people continue to go to some of these doctors that bad things are known about and later end up regretting it or end up with a bad outcome down the road. If people would discuss the bad as much as the good on here, it would help a lot of people. it seems there is almost an unwritten rule on the forum not to discuss the bad things about HT's nor ever talk bad about doctors. If you read through enough different threads and posts you will get a feeling for this fact and you will also see some rare instances where past representatives from the HT business have brought out some of these facts and have been attacked for doing so. You will also notice the continual posting by many people who are merely representatives compensated by doctors. I think people are often afraid to post about bad results and bad doctors due to a fear of the backlash they can get from representatives. The whole nature of the "representative " thing is a bit of a turnoff if you ask me. I don't know a normal surgeon of any kind who has a representative...LOL. Some of them even represent multiple doctors at one time. How can someone respect that ? Doesn't that contradict the whole point ? How can someone represent multiple doctors at once without inherently diminishing their praise for any one of them ? They can't say every one of them is the best . It is ridiculous if you ask me...but, that is just my opinion.

I have also seen instances where representatives have worked for one doctor years ago and said one thing on the forum. Later on they are with another doctor and have said another thing on the forum to contradict their earlier statement. it really makes you realize you can't trust most things you see without investigating what is said on your own. If people would discuss all the bad things it would raise the quality of HT's everywhere and also the quality of care a patient receives.