Rogaine Foam tip if you aren't getting results

glocktop

If you are like me, you apply foam in the morning after you shower and style your hair. Then you apply it at night before bed. This could be a mistake!

The key is letting your hair dry in the morning before applying the foam. I now keep a bottle at work and apply it about 2 hours after my shower - when my hair and scalp has dried - and it absorbs much better - I can feel it soaking into my scalp. Since applying it this way, I have had better results. My theory is that when the scalp and hair is wet, the foam dilutes somewhat and the moisture doesn't allow it to effectively absorb into the scalp.

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

3801 grafts FUE, Dr Jose Lorenzo - Madrid, November 2014

I would tend to agree with this. Rogaine's website says it's fine to simply towel dry the hair prior to application. I've even heard people claim that it absorbs better when the hair is wet. However, it seems to me that any substance can hold only so much moisture whether it be a sponge, the air or our skin. The drier it is to begin with, the better it should absorb any liquid or other topical applied to it. I have no idea if that's scientifically true but it seems reasonable.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hey David Help me on this Please , After 3 weeks of Hair Transplant , can one safely apply Rogaine on the Recepient Hair ? and if yes at what strenght do you start with ? 2% and then gradually to 5 % ?

OR you can start with 5 % with No Harm done to the Grafts /? Pls help

Hey David Help me on this Please , After 3 weeks of Hair Transplant , can one safely apply Rogaine on the Recepient Hair ? and if yes at what strenght do you start with ? 2% and then gradually to 5 % ?

OR you can start with 5 % with No Harm done to the Grafts /? Pls help

• 5 weeks later...

I've started to use Spectral DNC-N by Ds Laboratories which active ingredient is 'Nanoxidil' which they claim is more effective and very similar to Minoxidil. I used Minoxidil without any benefit really but this Spectral DNC-N seems much better so far. Only 2 months but so far so good. It's on Pro Hair clinic website too if anyone wants to check it out.