FUE thoughts

son111

Hi everyone and thank you for all the great information I've seen on this site.

I have a couple of questions which I'm sure have been asked before, but I'd like revisit a few of them as I'm planning on doing a FUE session.

I've already performed a FUT session with Dr. Ron Shapiro which I'm very pleased with. It was a great experience though the entire process.

I'm now more of a Norwood III vertex and this time I'd like to perform a FUE session for my crown.

First, I'd like to ask if there are any issues with performing FUE after having FUT?

Does it make a difference, as far as the quality of the procedure, to shave the head prior to session?

My last question is regarding our good doctors. I live in US on the east cost. I've read a lot of posts regarding FUE doctors and the majority seem to be located in Europe. I'm able to travel to Europe for the procedure, but if possible I'd like to do it here in the US.

Even though cost is a factor, to me it is more important to see a doctor who is truly good at FUE.

Though a difficult question, could you please advise on best doctors in the US/NA area?

I'm waiting patiently for your response.

Thank you.

umar in cali and does great FUE. but at $8 a graft its kinda steep. no issues performing FUE after FUT as long as u have adequate donor supply.

but there is also body hair as well so unless ur one of the rare ppl with few beard grafts u can likely fill ur entire vortex with facial hair alone and leave the hairs on ur head alone to give u more density on ur head by leaving more grafts where u need em.

feller does pretty gd work but his prices are even more comical then umar's.

makes no difference in quality as far as shaving or not but a lot of places charge more to perform FUE with a full head of hair vs. cutting it down. time is money.

personally I wud just head to europe. ull get better results on average and it will cost far less. unless u need like 500 grafts then the US might be worth it. but most will need a minimum of 800 grafts into the crown and usually far more. post some pix.

Edited by BUSA

You can buzz your hair but not razor shave before your procedure. Ask your doctor how short it can be.

Not issue with have fue after strip, except less grafts being available.

Dr. Wesley would be someone I would check out of I was having fue on the east coast.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

What Spanker said.

For an FUE crown session in the U.S., I would check out Dr. Wesley (New York), Dr. Diep (California), Shapiro Medical, which you already know (I actually prefer Dr. Paul's work), and Dr. Umar (California). If you ware willing to expand your travel to all of North America, also check out Dr. Rahal.

Also, regarding "no shave" for FUE, some FUE clinics market this to mean a particular approach that is sort of a hybrid of strip and FUE. They buzz down or shave an ear-to-ear strip of hair and only extract grafts from that strip. If you grow your hair fairly long in the back prior to the procedure, the shaved down strip will be more or less covered while it grows back in. This approach will limit the number of FU's that can be extracted in a session because you are excluding a large portion of your donor area, and you don't want that strip of donor over harvested.

Thank you everyone for your great input.

In Europe I'm leaning toward Dr. Bisanga and in North America Dr. Rahal. I'm also going to consult SMG, but I thought they focused more on FUT. Would you recommend Dr. Paul or Ron for FUE?

Thank you.