Possible stunted hair growth and constant lack of sleep?

I have been working overnights doing this temporary security guard work for my dad and it is making it really hard for me to sleep. For the passed week, I have been getting an average of about 2 hours sleep tops. Some days, I get maybe 1 hour or literally no sleep at all. Just last night my body must have reached its limit because I ended up crashing out, but I only slept about 5 or 6 hours tops. I plan to take a break from this overnight work this weekend and just rest up for a week or so to get my health back. I only ask this because I know that lack of sleep can cause all sorts of health problems. I just hope that it doesn't have a severe negative impact on the hair growth in the recipient areas of my HT.

Sorry to hear of your temporary dilemma nervousguy.

I doubt that the lack of sleep will have much of an impact on your overall regrowth.

It's more the weakening of your auto-immune system and it's during sleep that our bodies manufacture the needed cells for repairing and restoring what our bodies need to function properly.

Try to get no less than 7 hours of sleep duration if you can. You will not only restore your body function but you will also feel much better...:)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi Nervousguy . Over the years have done lots of shift work . I don't know if you have one . But if not buy eye covers from chemist . Works for me tricks body into night mode / ear plugs helpful to for daytime noise . good luck

No offense but you need to try to relax. You call yourself nervousguy and you really live up to that name every time you post! Every post is doom and gloom. Just try to live your life, let time pass and your procedure grow in. Constantly obsessing about every little thing and how it relates to hair growth is doing you no good.

Talk to your doctor, maybe you need some Ambien or Xanax to get you through your anxieties and maybe a visit to a therapist wouldn't hurt either. Find a way to relax. I've found that meditation is a great way to unwind and deal with stress. There is an app called calm.com that will guide you through meditation sessions. Good luck.

No offense but you need to try to relax. You call yourself nervousguy and you really live up to that name every time you post! Every post is doom and gloom. Just try to live your life, let time pass and your procedure grow in. Constantly obsessing about every little thing and how it relates to hair growth is doing you no good.

Talk to your doctor, maybe you need some Ambien or Xanax to get you through your anxieties and maybe a visit to a therapist wouldn't hurt either. Find a way to relax. I've found that meditation is a great way to unwind and deal with stress. There is an app called calm.com that will guide you through meditation sessions. Good luck.

Yes, I will definitely check out that website thanks. Well, I am about 2 months post op and my sutures still haven't fully dissolved...I guess it takes up to 3 months for some people? Also, about how many months in before the transplanted hair starts to grow in? I haven't had any growth at all, but maybe that is because my hair grows slowly in general. I hope that I will start to see a little growth at the 3 month mark.

You have just gone through the worst of it and things will start to happen soon. Again try not to think about it and stop constantly looking in the mirror. You know the cliche that a "watched pot never boils." Growth starts at different times but usually at the 3-4 month is a bit of a turning point. I would check with your doc (which I'm sure you have already) about your sutures if they are bothering you. Good luck again.

Stress and nervousness have a severe negative impact on the hair growth after hair transplant.

Begin your treatment by changing your name first; relaxedguy or confidentguy or something positive like that will give great positive impact for better growth.

Seriously.... You have no chance with this name.:)

Edited by Frank1nfo

Once the grafts shed, most of the underlying transplanted follicles go into the dormant stage and rest for several months.

On average the new regrowth typically emerges at the 3-4 month mark for most patients. And obviously there are early bloomers and later ones.

The best is yet to come...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Once the grafts shed, most of the underlying transplanted follicles go into the dormant stage and rest for several months.

On average the new regrowth typically emerges at the 3-4 month mark for most patients. And obviously there are early bloomers and later ones.

The best is yet to come...;)

I'm exactly one week shy of being 2 months post op. The transplanted hairs on my hairline are still shedding and none of the transplanted hairs on the crown area are shedding at all for some reason.

I know that I will just need to wait a couple more months to see growth if I'm not a late bloomer.

So some people don't see any new hair growth even after like 6 months or more?