FUE including body hair or FUT?

Hey,

I was looking into FUE. I can only get ~4500 grafts from my donor area of my head. If I wanted to get ~5500 grafts total via FUE, I would need to use body hair as well.

Which do u feel is more aesthetically appealing:

FUE with donor hair from head (4500 grafts) + body hair (1000 grafts) or FUT with only donor hair from head (5500 grafts)?

Thanks

the question I would like to ask, how do you have your hair now, if the answer is shaved or short then go got the FUE + BHT, avoid the scar

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

@transhair

I'm told I can have upto 4000 grafts via FUE. Since I am approaching norwoord 5a, I'm told I would need ~5500 grafts for good covererage

@sethicles

I have been getting my hair shaved to a grade 2 on the sides & back ever since I'm in high school. I would prefer to do the same, but I guess I could live with a grade 3...

Or just have both to maximise the amount of hair you can obtain.

Hey, I'm told that:

To get ~5500 grafts via FUT, I would need 2 procedures (3500 1st & 2000 2nd procedure)

To get ~4000 grafts via FUE, I would need 1 procedure.

Do you think it would make more sense to do one procedure via FUT & then another via FUE?

If I do FUT 1st, would I still be able to get ~4000 grafts via FUE, or would that # drop?

I hear with every FUT procedure, the scalp gets tighter. Maybe it would make more sense to get one FUT & one FUE instead of 2 FUT? This would also prevent me from having to use body hair.

What do u guys think?

Hi Puma

The Strip will take from surface area, so FUE is then over a smaller harvestable surface than had you not had Strip so less numbers will be taken ultimately and depending on how the scar heals then above immediately above the scar usually is not harvested as this gives coverage to the scar also as the hair grows but you can harvest above and below with FUE.

The positive is that Strip and FUE work well together and having a Strip and assuming it heals well will leave the donor in good condition for then harvesting and taking from density in the second surgery with FUE, or if possible another Strip and then FUE also is workable and you should have harvested a good number of grafts by then and hopefully reached your goals.

Scalp hair is king, we do Strip, FUE and body hair but if you can get to where you want to go with scalp then is a good option and use body hair then as a later option, filler etc knowing that the majority of the transplant is scalp.

We have done such combinations on patients and both techniques can work very well together indeed and especially for more advanced loss.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network