when will the scar at the donor area disappear?

Mortimer

It has been almost 10 months, but I am not sure if my old hair stylist would understand that I had an HT. I didn't tell it to anyone, and I don't want to. Eversince the HT, I never went to my old hair stylist thinking that he would understand from the scar at the donor area.

when exactly would be the time that the scar at the donor area would disappear so that even a barber wouldn't understand anything?

It has been almost 10 months, but I am not sure if my old hair stylist would understand that I had an HT. I didn't tell it to anyone, and I don't want to. Eversince the HT, I never went to my old hair stylist thinking that he would understand from the scar at the donor area.

when exactly would be the time that the scar at the donor area would disappear so that even a barber wouldn't understand anything?

that's a question that is hard to answer. It would depend on the size of the scar.

The ideal scar would be between .5mm and 1mm.

The redness should be gone at 10 months, so I would say now would be ok.

If you'd like, post some photo's of your scar and we can give you our thoughts.

That's a good question, Mortimer. I'm 2 months post op today. I haven't went to my old hair stylist since the procedure. I want to start going back to him, but I don't want any comments or questions. My scar is a little red. What did you tell the other stylists about your scar?

The scar will alway be their, .3-.5mm is a good scar and when the redness disappairs, the scar will be a faint white color and blend in with your scalp. The redness dissappears different rates with different people and different times. My HTs, redness has gone away as early as 6 months and as late as 18 months.