How soon can you get a haircut?

I've seen everywhere that the grafts are securely anchored at day 10 post op, but when it comes to haircuts, there isn't a solid answer.

I've seen everything from 10 days to three weeks. I'm returning to work on day 10 and desperately need a haircut. I wish they would have just shaved my entire head during the operation! Many thanks.

You can find great answers to questions like this at our Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

In this response, Dr. Robert True recommends waiting 5 to 7 after suture removal if you had strip surgery. If you had FUE, 10 days post surgery should be fine.

When Can I Get a Haircut After Hair Transplant Surgery?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

ilhwan,

My pleasure! No harm in repeating a question. I just wanted to point you to our Q&A Blog since it's an excellent source for all question hair loss and hair transplant related.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

From my personal experience, if I had to go through my FUT HT again I would've cut my hair short all over with the buzzer on guard 1. Much easier to keep an eye on whats happening with the strip scar and to apply any antibiotic ointments to it etc.