Thinking of Rahal for FUE but now not so sure?

frontman

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this board and first off I want to thank all those that have posted such wonderful information and pictures for newbies such as myself.

I currently reside in Toronto and seeing that Rahal is in my area I was going to have him do my FUE procedure HOWEVER after reading through both Sean's and FC threads on their recent results with Rahal I'm not so sure now. I was hoping you guys can shed some light on some questions I have:

1. I know that it's mentioned in a lot of threads that Rahal is world renowned but is it only for FUT or does he also have good results for FUE?

2. Being that I am Asian I wasn't sure if Rahal has had good results for Asian clients? I am also considering Dr. Diep since he is of the same ethnic background as myself and I thought he would be able to relate better to my hair. Would Diep be a better choice?

3. Finally I know it's like almost an unspoken rule but honestly speaking what is the range that a Rahal or Diep FUE procedure might cost? Range wise am I looking at between $7000 - 13 000 or more like $18 000 to $25 000?

4. Sorry last thing, I'm trying to use the PM feature to contact Sean, FC, Mickey and John Tillman for some advice/opinions but I can't seem to figure out how to do that....any assistance would be great guys..

Sorry I tried to keep this really short and sweet as I know long winded threads are hard to read....thanks again all!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

I think Rahal's FUE is up there with the best. The clinic in general is top notch. They charge $8 per graft for FUE.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this board and first off I want to thank all those that have posted such wonderful information and pictures for newbies such as myself.

I currently reside in Toronto and seeing that Rahal is in my area I was going to have him do my FUE procedure HOWEVER after reading through both Sean's and FC threads on their recent results with Rahal I'm not so sure now. I was hoping you guys can shed some light on some questions I have:

1. I know that it's mentioned in a lot of threads that Rahal is world renowned but is it only for FUT or does he also have good results for FUE?

2. Being that I am Asian I wasn't sure if Rahal has had good results for Asian clients? I am also considering Dr. Diep since he is of the same ethnic background as myself and I thought he would be able to relate better to my hair. Would Diep be a better choice?

3. Finally I know it's like almost an unspoken rule but honestly speaking what is the range that a Rahal or Diep FUE procedure might cost? Range wise am I looking at between $7000 - 13 000 or more like $18 000 to $25 000?

4. Sorry last thing, I'm trying to use the PM feature to contact Sean, FC, Mickey and John Tillman for some advice/opinions but I can't seem to figure out how to do that....any assistance would be great guys..

1.) Dr. Rahal is more known for his FUT results, yes, but his FUE results are one reason why I came to work for the clinic. I started posting FUE results every Friday a couple of weeks ago and I have a lot more to add over the next year.

2. Asian hair is definitely different from Caucasian or African hair but with 19 years experience Dr. Rahal has had a lot of exposure to Asian hair. There are a lot of Asians in Canada and many have made their way to Dr. Rahal. I was speaking to one Asian patient just the other day.

3. The cost of a procedure depends on how many grafts you need moved. Have you submitted an online consultation request? If not, that is the way to go about getting a quote.

4. My name is Joe, not John:)

As of today, my vote would be for Dr. Diep. His FUE video gallery on his site is extensive and extremely impressive, including a good number of Asian patients. He does all of the extractions himself (a big plus in my book), manually, using tools and punches of his own design. I don’t know exactly what he charges, but from what I have read it is certainly competitive. I think Dr. Diep doesn’t get his due on this site for a couple of reasons: 1) He hasn’t posted as many results as other physicians (but if you visit his site he has rather extensive video and photo galleries of his body of work), and 2) He is a bit quirky, in kind of a charming way in my opinion. English is his second language, and whether the product of his culture or just his personality, he tends to present his posted and video results using adjectives like “amazing” and “fantastic,” which can be off-putting to some. In his video presentations, his offices don’t appear to be the slick operation of some of the more glamorous docs. He just seems to do things his own way.

As Joe posts more of Dr. Rahal’s FUE work in the coming weeks and months and tells us more about Dr. Rahal's current FUE protocol, my vote could change. But as of now, Dr. Diep would get my FUE vote as between the two.

I respectfully disagree with densedream’s suggestion. I personally find the body of Dr. Diep’s FUE work more cosmetically appealing than that of Dr. Lorenzo, especially with regard to the all important hairline work.

Good luck!

In my opinion, Rahal's FUE work is not as good as his FUT work.

Perhaps its because he uses a motorised punch. Either way, I haven't seen any large FUE cases from him with excellent yield that could rival the top FUE surgeons.

just my opinion.

I would suggest Lorenzo, Erdogan, etc.

Good luck

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

In my opinion, Rahal's FUE work is not as good as his FUT work.

Perhaps its because he uses a motorised punch. Either way, I haven't seen any large FUE cases from him with excellent yield that could rival the top FUE surgeons.

FUE has been performed at Rahal since 2005 so the experience is there and over the years it improved to the point that it is a viable alternative to FUT in terms of yield and results. That is one reason why I came aboard with the clinic. You have not seen any large cases of FUE with excellent yield because there have been no large cases posted:) This will change over time as I post more and more results.

Wow guys, thank you so much for all your input so far. Sorry work has been super busy and couldn't log on as much as I would of wanted. Please keep it coming if there are others who have had FUE with Rahal or Diep that they can share in their opinion.

$8 is a bit steep considering he hasn't had much experience in FUE as in FUT don't you guys think?

I would love to consider Lorenzo but unfortunately work does not allow me the time to travel overseas. I like Rahal for proximity but Diep isn't that far either as I have family out in the westcoast so if I were to travel to see him I could rest up after the surgery out there.

Diep is Asian so that might be a positive as well. Also although I am leaning towards FUE I would switch to FUT if the end results for me would be better. In which case I would then consider Rahal and HW.

I need to make a decision soon as I've been putting this off for far too long.

Has scarring for FUT procedures improved from years back? I like to cut my hair short in the back but hey if the final results are a thick dense front then I would be open to a new longer hairstyle :)

I'm going to call Diep tomorrow to get more info. Would like to make a decision by end of the month.

As of today, my vote would be for Dr. Diep. His FUE video gallery on his site is extensive and extremely impressive, including a good number of Asian patients. He does all of the extractions himself (a big plus in my book), manually, using tools and punches of his own design. I don’t know exactly what he charges, but from what I have read it is certainly competitive. I think Dr. Diep doesn’t get his due on this site for a couple of reasons: 1) He hasn’t posted as many results as other physicians (but if you visit his site he has rather extensive video and photo galleries of his body of work), and 2) He is a bit quirky, in kind of a charming way in my opinion. English is his second language, and whether the product of his culture or just his personality, he tends to present his posted and video results using adjectives like “amazing” and “fantastic,” which can be off-putting to some. In his video presentations, his offices don’t appear to be the slick operation of some of the more glamorous docs. He just seems to do things his own way.

As Joe posts more of Dr. Rahal’s FUE work in the coming weeks and months and tells us more about Dr. Rahal's current FUE protocol, my vote could change. But as of now, Dr. Diep would get my FUE vote as between the two.

I respectfully disagree with densedream’s suggestion. I personally find the body of Dr. Diep’s FUE work more cosmetically appealing than that of Dr. Lorenzo, especially with regard to the all important hairline work.

Good luck!

In terms of hairline design, I could see how some people would prefer Dr Diep, but in terms of yield, in my honest opinion, Lorenzo leaves Diep in the dust. The man has almost 200 before and afters of pure FUE on all norwoods, wets the hair, combs through it, parts it. Diep's work has not impressed me for the most part. There was a Diep patient on here where his implanted hair was at a vastly different angle/direction compared to the native hair. I have never seen such a stark discrepancy among any recommended clinic, it was shocking. This is my opinion.