unexpected side effect !

aldoury

Hi every body

I've been taking Propecia for almost a month. Before I decided to take Propecia, I read a lot about this drug and its side effects. After three days of taking it, I started to notice a very weird side effect. My sexual attitude started to increase which was very weried for me. I read however that the most common side effect is the reduction of sexual attitude . I started to do my research about the problem and I found that the body is trying to recoup the Hermon loss and that's why I feel like this. I hoped that my body would eventually get used to the drug and back to normal, but unfortunately that did not happen. I still feel very sexually active and I feel like I go back to my teenager period!

I 'd be appreciated if someone can help me with this!

Unfortunately the only way to know your true response on Fin is after a year or so on the drug, though the sexual side effects are something you have to be quite careful of.

Some people have different reactions to it, including increased libido and scalp sebum, and there are some who even lose more hair on it. Then others report of stabilization and even some regrowth.

What I'm trying to say is it's almost impossible for us to give you the best advice, as each person seems to respond differently on it.

The doctors I've spoken with recommend to stay on it until side effects emerge that cannot be tolerated.

Monitor it closely and try to talk with a hair loss surgeon in your area if possible. You can ask them to do hair counts at 6 months and 12 months for example to see if it's working.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Questionmark,

My thinking of Fin came as the last solution after I tried every possible other solution. I remember when I first noticed my hair loss couple years ago, I went to a local doctor and he prescribed me a Propecia and Minoxidel. The first thing that I did was I looked up the two drugs online and I was shocked to know that Propecia could cause sexual problems, so I decided to not taking it. My father and most of my uncles are completely bald, so I know I'll be ending up like them. However, the only solution that can help me is a hair transplant surgery but I know for sure I do not have enough hair to get a good coverage so in order to keep some hair from falling, I decided to take propecia and accept the risk of it hoping that I can quit it as soon as I notice serious health problems!

Dear hsrp10,

I just want to say thank you for your response! It is really helpful

The doctor who prescribed me a fin told me that I can notice the side effects on the first or second month and it is up to me if I wanted to continue !

I posted in this form see if anybody has noticed the same symptoms that I did hoping that I can benefit from their experiences.

• 2 weeks later...