Best doctor in Europe for frontal/hairline restoration: Doganay / Erdogan / Bisanga:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum but did quite a lot of research before joining. I have a receding hairline and decided to take the plunge and have an FUE to lower it about 2-3 cm and increase the density in area next to it.

The problem of course is which doc to choose. Based on my research so far I've shortlisted the following surgeons which to me seem to be the best professionals in Europe, namely:

- Dr. Koray Erdogan (Turkey)

- Dr. Christian Bisanga (Belgium)

- Dr. Hakan Doganay (Turkey)

I really can't seem to be able to make up my mind and choose between the three, as all of them have outstanding results. So if you happen to have any knowledge or criteria that would make one of these stand out with regard to front/hairline restoration, it'd be much appreciated.

One example is Dr. Doganay's technique that uses a pen to insert the grafts into the recipient area, hence causing less damage/bleeding/scarring than using a blade, which is what Dr. Erdogan uses.

On the other hand, I suppose having the graft prepared and placed inside the pen's needle by a nurse doesn't allow the surgeon to control the positioning of the graft as accurately as the tweezers.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Edited by crazyloop

I like both Bisanga and Erdogan's work the best among those, I think a next step could be meeting with the surgeons and past patients in person if possible (Hakan does good work too!)

good luck!

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks for the replies so far!

@hsrp10, you mean traveling to meet several doctors in person before deciding on one of them?

Is it common practice to do so? Any clue what important information can come out in a face to face discussion, that would not be happen otherwise?

Thanks!

Hi im from Australia and im about to book in with Dr Koray Erdogan to get my frontal hairline and temples down about 1cm. Chose him based on looking at many great results from him doing the frontal hairline. Plus his clinic looks top class.

Hi everyone,

One example is Dr. Doganay's technique that uses a pen to insert the grafts into the recipient area, hence causing less damage/bleeding/scarring than using a blade, which is what Dr. Erdogan uses.

On the other hand, I suppose having the graft prepared and placed inside the pen's needle by a nurse doesn't allow the surgeon to control the positioning of the graft as accurately as the tweezers.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

I just had a procedure with Dr Reddy and he uses the pen. From what i gather its far superior to using tweezers as it minimizes graft trauma. It requires more skill, and is used in congestion with specific incision depths. Positioning of the graft is dependent on the angle of the incision.

I posted a short summary of my procedure, this morning. Have a look at it. I would highly recommend Dr Reddy and his team. Properly skilled!

I believe it could be argued that this clinic is the best at FUE in the world.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176014-%7E2000-fue-dr-reddy-great-experience.html

I just had a procedure with Dr Reddy and he uses the pen. From what i gather its far superior to using tweezers as it minimizes graft trauma. It requires more skill, and is used in congestion with specific incision depths. Positioning of the graft is dependent on the angle of the incision.

I posted a short summary of my procedure, this morning. Have a look at it. I would highly recommend Dr Reddy and his team. Properly skilled!

I believe it could be argued that this clinic is the best at FUE in the world.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176014-%7E2000-fue-dr-reddy-great-experience.html

Nice summary and interesting result from Dr. Reddy indeed! Do you know what density was achieved in the bald areas that were covered?

The pen is attractive indeed, I don't know why it's not widely used yet. The trauma caused to the capillaries that supply blood to both existing and transplanted grafts is a major concern and, as I understood, the cause of shock loss.

Btw have you experienced any shock loss? Or it's too soon to tell?

And was the price 6 pounds / graft? or EUR ? The currency sign is not displayed correctly on my system.

Thanks and good luck with your recovery!

Hi im from Australia and im about to book in with Dr Koray Erdogan to get my frontal hairline and temples down about 1cm. Chose him based on looking at many great results from him doing the frontal hairline. Plus his clinic looks top class.

Good luck with it too!