Inflammation causes hairloss!!

suarez

I was just thinking the other day any farmer I've ever seen is a Norwood 6/7, which made me think their diet is mostly dairy, milk, butter, white bread etc, I also rem a sales rep for a milk company calling to my house one day, he just had a few ugly curls left near his nape.There has to be a link. Watching the Porta Ricans at the World Cup and noticed their good hair, I read they never drink milk, no more dairy for me :)

What i have learnt so far from my hair loss is , hair loss is a very complicated issue and there is no reversal , it is just genes like every people have different color tone , we can just make it look better but cannot change it

Suarez,

Inflammation definitely plays a role in the androgenic alopecia process. While the answer isn't abundantly clear (yet), it seems like inflammation is part of a "down stream" process set off by dihydrotestosterone.

Some may find it surprising, but understanding the mechanisms behind androgenic alopecia is actually a very complicated process! However, most do agree that inflammation does play a role. This is why medications like PGD2 blockers may help treat male pattern hair loss in the future.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Akash, it's wrong to say its all genes etc ya sure just like breast cancer is in certain peoples genes but to say its the reason everyone loses hair is wrong.I rem a story before where an Asian women moved to London and couldn't believe the amount of bald men. The average man in Ireland or England eats a fry or breakfast roll with sasuage and bacon in the morning, prob a bar of 2 of chocolate at lunch,then few beers after work = disaster for anyone prone to hairloss, sugar is another thing that flames inflammation.

Inflammation is caused by DHT from my understanding, and this is what causes hair loss in men. Other conditions in women also may cause inflammation from whatever hormone issue, stress or otherwise - but it is inflammation that causes a lot of damage to the hair follicles.

Also - DNA and genetics are constantly changing their expression based on your patterns in life. Exercising is known to change your gene expression by 70% or more in 6 months. So the understanding most people have about genes is not accurate - because genes are there for our protection, not our limitation - sure, there are more prone genes which are easier to get hair loss in, and some may not - but this does not mean there is a brick wall, like we previously used to think.

I would share a link but i am not sure if I am allowed to - but searching online on studies we already know gene expression is constantly changing by a direct result of our habits and life style (eating, exercise and others).

hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Suarez,

Inflammation definitely plays a role in the androgenic alopecia process. While the answer isn't abundantly clear (yet), it seems like inflammation is part of a "down stream" process set off by dihydrotestosterone.

Some may find it surprising, but understanding the mechanisms behind androgenic alopecia is actually a very complicated process! However, most do agree that inflammation does play a role. This is why medications like PGD2 blockers may help treat male pattern hair loss in the future.

what are these pgd2 blockers that have promise?

Vox,

Several years ago, Dr. Cots from Follica/U Penn was researching with several medications. However, I'm not sure if they are still working with any of these blockers.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Moderators

I went bald as a teenager. I ate the same things the rest of my family ate. My dad had a full head of hair. You will never convince me that it has anything to do with what we eat.

AL

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I think there are certain factors that can trigger/speed-up the MPB process (stress, diet, environment, etc.) but I also firmly believe that genes pre-determine whether or not you'll lose those lovely locks.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com