Mir Malkani, KSL HAIR?

Thanks pal, I'm sensing some places will alter tier pricing depending on what your profession is/income - would hope that's not the case as that's a sad way to run a business. This isn't aimed at KSL just what I'm picking up on a few threads.

I'm going to tell places I'm a paperboy from now on........

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've also been looking in to KSL. There not recommended on here though, so I'm not sure if I'm going to ring them to be honest. Also, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience.. :(

I saw a player called Anthony Stokes who went there, and his result looked fantastic! :) However, it seems like they ONLY make effort on those who are footballers.. ?

Hi guys, I've also been looking in to KSL. There not recommended on here though, so I'm not sure if I'm going to ring them to be honest. Also, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience.. :(

I saw a player called Anthony Stokes who went there, and his result looked fantastic! :) However, it seems like they ONLY make effort on those who are footballers.. ?

Thanks Roberto, I went there after seeing the Anthony Stokes photos, worst thing I ever done though, not only did I get ripped off on the price, but my result isn't even half decent either!

From what I've read on here & my own experience I'd recommend folks stay well clear of them, they left bald patches without any grafts in & many of the grafts that were put in are at odd angles, with some of them even going in the opposite direction of my natural hair which look terrible when I let them grow in.

Worst still is the hassle I've had from them since it was done, it's pretty clear it's not good, but they've continually fobbed me off for months & outright lied to me.

I've made 7 requests for them to email me the close up post op photos they took of each temple that showed the bald patches the left, but they've still not sent them, which is pretty telling if you ask me.

You're probably best to look outside of Glasgow from what I've read on here, I wish I'd have discovered these forums before I took the plunge myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Can any of you guys saying they are cowboys produce any photographic evidence?

I know a few lads who have had work done at KSL and they are over the moon with the results. I will be having work done there in the near future, unless you guys can provide me some evidence to back up your claims, that is.

I already posted pictures on another thread, but I'm happy to update them with new photographic evidence taken today.

The first pic is pre op & the others are from today eight months from my op.

The left bald patches with no grafts in & a lot of the hair they did put in isn't even growing in the right direction, some even going in the opposite direction of my existing hair!

If you wanna risk your money with them be my guest. I'm only telling folks my own experience with them, which hasn't been good.

pre-op.jpg.1f681d89f7e5d5647b0adfd3044b2812.jpg

left-side.jpg.95bb7094ac49333fa90f44026ed4e60b.jpg

right-side.jpg.9884239e301ceb66e156133ce145a708.jpg

top.jpg.249482344349b9c5bdd07d1125af9ca4.jpg

Fair enough Pax and thanks for that. I've decided I'm going to Turkey at the beginning of January to have my HT done by Dr Ekrem Civas. His work looks outstanding and I'm paying a hell of a lot less than KSL quoted me.

I hope you get your situation resolved one way or another.

No problem, hope all goes well with your ht :)

Their expensiveness wouldn't have been so bad if they did a decent job. :(

Doesn't look like I'm going to get it fixed or get my money back, but hopefully I can stop others making the same mistake I did.

Fair enough Pax and thanks for that. I've decided I'm going to Turkey at the beginning of January to have my HT done by Dr Ekrem Civas. His work looks outstanding and I'm paying a hell of a lot less than KSL quoted me.

I hope you get your situation resolved one way or another.

For your HT in January have you been to see them previously to discuss your required work or did you do this through Skype?

I'm still pondering my next move to get it done.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update, as I could've been a little hasty in judging KSL following my 9 month review they have agreed to fix my hair. hopefully I can report a more positive outcome on here soon. :)

''I would like to point out that this was not a failed hair transplant. As all the implanted hair has grown through now. Having had a further discussion with KSL Hair they have generously agreed to give more density to the areas needed at no extra cost. I am very happy with this response and will keep you all updated on the progress of the implanted areas. My hasty comments have been proven wrong as KSL Hair requested the opportunity to resolve my discomfort and I've agreed

Pax you previously said they continually fobbed you off, lied and promised it would be fixed at 6 months stage.

Appreciate you are going to get it reviewed now but surely this final change of stance after all your previous statements, delays and lack of contact doesn't mean you are now recommending them after such direct criticism in many posts?

• 1 month later...

Pax,

Would really appreciate your feedback on your success or not with promise to increase the density of your hair with further implants.

I have had a very similar experience with obvious insufficient density or complete lack of implants, and was also promised that further implants would be made if i remained unsatisfied (have had same experience of poor communication and mistrust from day one).

• 7 months later...

My experiences with KSL

I am providing an update to a previous post that I wrote on the 18-06-2014. It has come to my attention that this post was one of the top results on the internet, and as the standard of grammar and spelling, and indeed clarity of the ideas which I expressed was far lower than I normally produce, I would like to provide an update on my experience with this company. I feel that my original post could have been taken the wrong way by some people due to its lack of clarity and conciseness of ideas.

At the time of the original post, I was highly concerned about the procedure because I was unable to find any review of on any hair company in my country, when performing a google search. This anxiety lead to a post which was hastily written, and not reviewed before it was posted.

What I basically wanted to do was to ask people for their experiences with this company because I was keen to have reassurance that the company were professional and competent. This was not because I had any reason to doubt that this company was those things, it was because I could find no information on the internet and with other types of businesses I am used to being able to find reviews.

This is not a problem specific to KSL, this is a problem specific to the Hair Transplant Industry in my country, perhaps because people still want to keep the fact they have had a hair transplant discrete.

Now that I have had the procedure, I can say that the procedure was a great success and that, I am very happy with the results. When I first signed up for the hair transplant, the company assured me that, if I was not happy with the results, I could have another procedure, for no extra expense. I found this promise a very reassuring statement of intent that they were not just after my money and that they valued producing results for their customers. It made me feel they understood that I was a person, not just another client.

The company have, however, now offered me a free transplant. This was after providing free laser for me. They did this because while I am totally satisfied with my results, they feel I could get even better results with a second procedure. On top of this, the company are always friendly and welcoming when I enter the premise, they offer me water or a hot drink – I always choose the water, not being a tea drinker.

Finally, each time I visit they ask me how I am doing and they are genuinely warm and welcoming, which mean I feel like a valued person and not just someone that paid for a transplant.

Edited by TheSpaceBetween2

Hi spacebetween2,

I've been reading you're review of KSL. I'm very interested to hear of your thoughts now your surgery was almost 6 months ago. Are you able to provide any pics of your latest results and what was your thoughts of your procedure and your overall thoughts of Simon Lindsay and KSL Hair.

The reason I ask is I am also considering using this clinic and finding any reviews are limited.

They are good. Ditto my latest longer post.

Your post seems a little suspicious to me TheSpacebetween2.

It seems you know very little. On Spex website he recommends a couple of UK clinics (not Farjo's) to consult with and several other leading surgeons around the globe, despite working directly for 3 well known respected surgeons - one being possibly the best FUE surgeon Dr Feriduni in Belgium.

My post seems suspect because I am not a spex lapdog? Hmm way to go black and white thinking. I sound like I didn't know much... because I didn't... Now I do. I hardly research too hard still I knew FUE better than the other one.... We aren't all rich and really I see no real difference between Feriduni work and what I had really from KSL... you guys have excessive attention to detail... I don't think the same way as most men.. way to shame me for being different...

Hi Coffeeboy,

I wouldn't describe it as a "bad" experience as such, just a bit disappointing in that it felt once they got you onto a treatment, they didn't pay you any attention and didn't do the things they said they would do.

For example, they said when you start they will photograph your hair and use their scope to measure hair density etc, and then this will be repeated at various stages to show you the regrowth (or at worst, the fact that density and hairline is being maintained).

None of this ever happened.

I stopped going, and I bought a Hairmax Pro laser comb to use at home. I have no photographs, but there has been some regrowth around the hairline, nothing major but I think in general my hair certainly hasn't got any worse so I think the combination of KSL laser and the following on with Hairmax has been effective to some degree. I have since been recommended by a HT surgeon that laser in itself is not effective enough and that it should be used along with minoxidil 5%.

They did for me. So I can only give my experience.

Can any of you guys saying they are cowboys produce any photographic evidence?

I know a few lads who have had work done at KSL and they are over the moon with the results. I will be having work done there in the near future, unless you guys can provide me some evidence to back up your claims, that is.

Just what I was thinking.... Rival business put people to disparage competition. I am genuine cause I am not to obsessed with the details... just if it looks good or not and it does.

I already posted pictures on another thread, but I'm happy to update them with new photographic evidence taken today.

The first pic is pre op & the others are from today eight months from my op.

The left bald patches with no grafts in & a lot of the hair they did put in isn't even growing in the right direction, some even going in the opposite direction of my existing hair!

If you wanna risk your money with them be my guest. I'm only telling folks my own experience with them, which hasn't been good.

Bald patches? Looks great to me... guess its a matter of what your expectations are, mind you I struggle to see the small details -... we aren't in the ultra great era of transplants yet... science will catch up...

• 2 months later...

Apologies to anyone who posted a reply to my previous posts & didn’t receive one in return.

The previous glowing post was not written by me it was written by KSL & was posted as a condition for them to allow the redo. As ?4000 is no small sum of money for me I agreed to the fix & posted the comment as requested.

Here is the email I received from Simon Lindsay before the redo

(Neil

You are going back on your word and your signed agreement

You either agree to remove all posts or put up the following online.

''I would like to point out that this was not a failed hair transplant. As all the implanted hair has grown through now. Having had a further discussion with KSL Hair they have generously agreed to give more density to the areas needed at no extra cost. I am very happy with this response and will keep you all updated on the progress of the implanted areas. My hasty comments have been proven wrong as KSL Hair requested the opportunity to resolve my discomfort and I've agreed''

Choose either Neil as if one doesn't happen then the procedure won't happen)

KSL thought I was being unfair to them, so I have given them the entire year since the redo before posting any follow up, even though I still have a patchy result at the front & now to add insult to injury I also have visible scarring at the back!

KSL assured me that this scarring would go away, but it hasn’t, they have continually contradicted themselves when I spoken to them about it & have since reverted back to being evasive about it.

Unfortunately It seems my previous assessment of them was correct & I would urge anyone considering using them to think twice about it, as I've been continually been messed about by them from the very beginning & personally I don't think attempting to blackmail a customer into posting something positive before they will fix a poor result is the conduct of a company you can trust.

back.jpg.0cba5c0561676410de6fdbf09bc43225.jpg