Matt, I have been using these for a couple of years now, personally I find toppik has been the best for me, definatley the most undetectable I think and it doesn't come out so easy, I also have recently used super millions hair, I shaved my head for a ht and my hair was to short for toppik super millions worked wanders even on really short hair but it did come out a lot with just water and can conjeal into clumps and if you run your hand through your hair loads of fibres are on your hand! Iv also tried boots nanogen and restrand but didn't really like them, for anyone who cared to look certainly with restrand it was obvious! Best thing to do would be to order a few small sample bottles from different places and see which works best for you, any other questions I'm happy to help

Matt, I have been using these for a couple of years now, personally I find toppik has been the best for me, definatley the most undetectable I think and it doesn't come out so easy, I also have recently used super millions hair, I shaved my head for a ht and my hair was to short for toppik super millions worked wanders even on really short hair but it did come out a lot with just water and can conjeal into clumps and if you run your hand through your hair loads of fibres are on your hand! Iv also tried boots nanogen and restrand but didn't really like them, for anyone who cared to look certainly with restrand it was obvious! Best thing to do would be to order a few small sample bottles from different places and see which works best for you, any other questions I'm happy to help

How many days after HT you started using Toppik? Are there any safe concealers that can be used right after HT?

Matt, how much you use depends on how much hair you have left! I don't have to use much at the front but I do have to use a lot in the crown, but if you don't have much hair in the crown just using a small amount it's obvious wha It is so I have to use lots to cover up if that makes sense you have to keep adding it untill it looks decent!

Pcg, my doc told me it was safe to use concealers three weeks after the procedure, but I'd always go on your docs advice, however it took a couple of months for it to be long enough for toppik, so I used super millions about a month after

I've only used Toppik and have been using it for years. It helps to look in the mirror while applying it for the front.

It doesn't come off too easily unless you shampoo your hair (then its comes right out).

As for applying it to the crown, I just give the bottle a few shakes and that seems to be the sweet spot for me... when I was first starting out, I would use a couple mirrors to try to figure out how many shakes of the Toppik bottle gives the effect I want.

Funny thing is, just the other day, I realized that I was applying the number "sweet spot" shakes of and thinking I was covering my hair with Toppik, only to find out the bottle has been empty for a while! I guess you really can end up relying to it like a crutch, even when you don't really need it too badly (after my HT I don't think I Really need the powder, but I just feel better applying it!)

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

• 2 weeks later...

The best-known fiber-concealers are Toppik (made in the USA) and Nanogen (made in Europe), which are both made of keratin (wool fibers). Both of them have their fans who insist that one is better than the other, but I was equally impressed with both products.

There's also a cotton-based alternative called Caboki, which might come in handy if you find that wool fibers make your scalp itch. They will ship you a free sample from the USA to anywhere in the world (although you do have to pay for the shipping). Unfortunately I didn't find it as effective as Toppik/Nanogen.

There are also plenty of cheaper clones and generics around. The only one I've tried has the rather unfortunate name of Beaver (I think it's Chinese). Again, I didn't think it was as good as Toppik or Nanogen.

Joey, do you know why Super Millions worked better than Toppik for short hair?

I'm thinking about getting a HT and in all likelihood would want to use concealers asap afterwards, but am a bit worried that they just won't work on such short hair, or so little hair if I shed badly.

i'm also interested in which concealer is best for short hair. i had an HT recently, and am approaching the two week mark. in an attempt to even out the sides with the length of the hairs on top, i trimmed the sides a little too short, causing my strip scar to be revealed.

i would like to use a concealer on the strip scar for a few weeks until the hair grows long enough to cover it . does toppik work on hair that is 1/4 of an inch? i haven't used any concealers before so i would say the only knowledge i have comes from watching youtube and visiting the website.

Dont use concelaers they block the pores and your pores need to breadth. No matter what toppik after some times goes into scalp. Trust me once you apply it you get addicted to it you cant leave without it. I would stay whole 9 yards away from any concealers.

Toppik goes into scalp and settle on all the pores you can check it. It hampers the growth of hair and weaken the follicles more of follically challenge people. This is because follically challenge people already have vulnerable scalp.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to Hijack the thread - Do people always use the 'locking mist' for the fibres ? and are people concerned about breathing the fibres in, I read somewhere that there are no studys that look at long term effects of using these and potentially breathing them in.