Dr. Alessandrini My Tijuana HT 2600 grafts

sunfire

Yet again nothing but an opinion (and not a good one at that) with nothing to back it up.

Get someone to read my last post to you and then maybe you will get my point.

ur right everyone is flocking to Mexico for HT's these days.

TROOLS like you end up learning the hard way but good luck..... cause ur gonna need it.:rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

To provide an update (because I relied on this forum when making my decision), my experience with Dr. Alessandrini is that he's a scam artist. He told me to sign up for an extended FUT for 3,000 grafts. I got under 300 grafts.

After arguing with him, i quickly learned how stupid that was after googling him revealed that ALESSANDRINI HAS A FEDERAL CRIMINAL RECORD IN THE US FOR FRAUD, FBI ARRESTS ,OUTSTANDING WARRANTS IN MEXICO AND HAS BEEN SUSPECTED OF MURDER. IT'S NOT JUST THE HAIR TRANSPLANT - YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER! AGAIN, YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER IF YOU GO. IF YOU PAID, FORGET IT. DON'T GO. SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Metro -- Six Tijuana doctors arrested in sting - that's his First FBI Arrest for Fraud in 2003 - it's not the only action that's been taking against him, but the FBI releases are just very public and very easy to find. There are add'l fraud charges on a fairly routine basis for 20-years.

No post-op check, he basically said if I send more and come back he'll talk to me - otherwise i'm out of luck.

In 2003, Dr. Alessandrini in an FBI sting for fraud - over here :

He makes you pay in cash bec checks are "complicated" - the reason he defrauds every patient. There are no positive reviews of him whatsoever. If you complain at the clinic, your life may be endangered. There are 0 positive reviews from his patients on the internet - you will find none from post 6 mo's op, and there are a volume of responses attesting to the scam. Keep in mind that there's some intimidation, and people are less likely to post a bad review about Alessandrini because they're afraid. Even so, you will find bad review after bad review.

If you sign up with Alessandrini, don't go - consider it a loss. Your life is not worth it - the man has been in prison and is not supposed to even communicate with Americans per his court order. Feel free to PM fro more info.

Edited by hairlaw
Can't substantiate accusations of violence/murder. Edited to reflect only that which is confirmed 100%.

Oh my God , I had another bad hair transplant in a different clinic in Tijuana Mex ��.

To some extent, Mexico always presents a risk, but most Mexican clinics have mostly positive reviews or at least one positive review. Alessandrini hadn't even paid people to make up fake positive reviews - it's all negative. If you can point to any positive review, I'll change the comment.

However, Alessandrini isn't concerned about reputation. The whole marketing is to get you down for 70% off HT prices. You wind up paying about 10-15 a graft. I paid acc to a HT surgeon here - $18 a graft - I had slightly under 200 for $3000. I was promised 3000. You keep your mouth shut, and get over the border. Bare in mind, for $18 a graft they weren't put in by medical professionals - just kids. I have a giant scar (about 4x size of regular FUT so further hT's aren't really possible but Alessandrini suggested using other areas of the head and that's he's a real expert). So for $18 a graft, i have a bunch of grafts in random intervals on the scalp. For 400% of American prices, you'd at least expect the grafts to be well organized and placed. Transplant process was about 40 minutes followed by attempts at scheduling subsequent procedures.

He gives you a big hat, and tells you you can't remove it for 48 hours - he doesn't want you to see the grafts after. You pay with cash, no traceable money is accepted. To my knowledge, researching this for now 2 weeks and speaking with approx 20 former patients, not one got even 35% of the grafts they paid for. All feel they've been scammed. Alessandrini's not even supposed to talk to American potential clients according to the FBI case. It's possible he pled down, but I seriously doubt he's a doctor. Another Alessandrini in Tijuana often has complaints come to him that are intended for this Alessandrini. His last name is Perez, Alessandrini is an assumed middle name.

Alessandrini reached out to express discontent with my reviews, which is why I removed the murder accusations - these are from a few very profoundly negative reviews. My experience is it's a scam no question, and one that's gotten him arrested by an FBI sting. However, I can't confirm any patients have been killed by him. Just because a patient goes missing during a HT operaiton doesn't mean it's the doctor who is responsible.

All I can attest to 100% is your money's gone if you go. He doesn't even take check or anything traceable, because he knows you'll dispute it when you get back over the border. I think once you paid, you really have to take it up as a loss. Even if you come back safely, you're going to have a ton of blood loss because we're about people as young 16 being pulled in to cut open your scalp. You're not gonna able to have another hair transplant after going with him so it's really much better to take the loss. It's not a clinic - it's a scam.

What anyone who paid should keep in mind is you shouldn't get "your money's worth". This isn't a doctor - my advise was to stop using finasteride thereafter as well as rogaine anywhere near the scalp, bec it will affect the grafts - keep in mind there were 150 grafts randomly placed around my forehead area to create an island.

You're told the island will be fixed on latter transplants. I think the intent is to keep you coming back for more HT's every 2 or 3 months for years. If you go you are just a sucker - and he's going to try to make where you didn't transplant balder and balder so you keep coming back. It's not a "well, I'm not a doctor but I'll do the best I can." It's a, let's see if i can knock this American for 30k. The conversations in Spanish - if the patient claims to not speak Spanish are about how much money they think you have and Alessandrini's extramarital affairs and sexual exploits - the man's not Brad Pitt, and it's kinda gross.

It's not the forum's fault for me going there. If I would have run some simple searches of the doctor's name and the company I would have found the criminal charges, the fraud, etc.

This forum does show up first, because it's much more informative than yelp and other review sites.

The people like me who sometimes lurk this site, but never post avoid thinking about their hair loss. By posting on this, you're accepting a problem, which is good but you're also more likely to make the problem bigger than it is - it's hard to be confident when you focus on imperfections.

However, HT appeals to us lurkers because it's a quick fix. We also don't see baldness as life changing so for a few thousand dollars it's a good idea. In a sense even though we don't wear a hair piece, we never fully accept our hair loss - at best, we don't think think about it.

The pay 3k and don't think about it route is appealing, and we want it to be good so this post reall just makes us think - "oh, it's a legit mexican establishment. good." We never get to the bottom half of the first page of google.

With me personally, my hair loss is strictly recessionary. Finasteride filled in my thinning crown that was once thinning and it's thick to the point I can brush the hair forward with the only people noticing being NW3's or balder.

I've been interviewing for jobs, and most men past 40 are NW3's or balder. I think the way I handled hair loss suggests dishonesty, and I also didn't have the guts to wear my hair like George Costanza - I am in a very conservative and more conservative people stll don't accept the shaved head white guy look.

I now have an island so I'm considering paying to have the grafts surgically removed. I can prove Alessandrini instructed the nurses to only fill the front of the hairline and create an island.

I can't prove why, but I think Alessandrini wanted to make sure there was a return visit. My natural demeanor and how I come across presents as slow and dim witted, because I had major pronunciation issues as a child despite always being 2 grade levels intellectually.

After high school, I was very good at poker by literally just playing dumb, and this further reinforced the disconnect. I also made a killing teaching standardized exams simply because of the presumption that this slow witted guy with a brooklyn accent got a great score, he must know the tricks.

The more simplistic the conversations are, the dumber I appear. I lied about understanding Spanish because I figured there was no benefit in admitting I did, and from the first minute I met him he was saying his hair is the result of 2 hair transplants performed by his clinic - IDK if this is a lie or not as he does not look less bald than in pictures from 10-15 years ago, but might have had transplants earlier.

Regardless, the focus on what we could do at a second and a third transplant before laying out the first was odd so I figured I wanted to know what the hell was going on without him knowing I knew.

I specifically focused on my insecurity about a developing island in my hairline, and how I wanted to fill the back in before the front.

The fact he specifically told the nurses to only do the front "and not touch the back for a separation" was either to hurt me or to make him more money. He's a scam artist, not a psychopath so it's got to be the latter. I hope this is a PSA.

HOSPITAL BAJANOR, DOCTOR CARLOS GILBERTO ALESSANDRINI PEREZ, AKA DR. PEREZ, AKA DR. CARLOS, AKA DR C.G. ALESSANDRINI, AKA DR. ALESSANDRINI, AKA. DOCTOR GILBERTO, AKA 70% OFF DOCTOR, AKA "BEST HAIR TRANSPLANT IN TIJUANA", AKA RENOVATE HAIR CENTER, AKA RENOVATE MEDICAL

IS A SCAM, AND FOCUSED ENTIRELY ON SHAKING DOWN THE PATIENT. THE WORLDWIDE OATH ALL DOCTORS TAKE "THOU SHALT DO NOT HARM AND LISTEN TO THE PATIENT" IS NOT HERE. DO NOT GO. IF YOU GO, EVEN IF YOU PAID THE DOCTOR'S MAIN GOAL IS TO MAKE YOU COME BACK MORE AND MORE - TO BE MORE DESPERATE.

How do I know this? He instructed the nurses to make an island on the hairline in Spanish after I said I was insecure about this, and tried to schedule another transplant before telling me a graft count (which he still refuses to do).

On top of this, he instructed me to stop taking finasteride for 6 months or "it will compromise the implant". What other explanation could there possibly be? DR. C.G. ALESSANDRINI P. AKA FBI FRAUDSTER OF HOSPITAL BAJANOR and RENOVATE MEDICAL CENTER Dr. Carlos Alessandrini AKA DR. CARLOS PEREZ is a scam artist.

I was worried about cartels but concluded they made it safer, because it seems likelier that they would harm someone who harms an American than harm them themselves. Today, an American today under 30 likely has nowhere near enough money to make harming them a good business move, because at the very least an investigation will be a brief pain in the butt. The cartels near the border are so wealthy that they probably make it safer for Americans - the cartels in Tijuana and Juarez are two of the five most profitable businesses in the world.

To be honest, it is much more likely that the clinic has connections to cartels, which I think is why only four people have written about their experience - there's no positive ones, but there are also only 4 bad ones despite this operating for 10+ years. Honestly, my MPB probably started early because I'm hot-headed. I think it's at least 50-50 I'm on some list.

As a lawyer, I figured the incentive structure would be the same because these Mexican clinics are all right by the border, are written in English, use US phone numbers and send drivers into the US to drive patients there.

I'm not giving personal legal advise, but the US probably has jurisdiction, and even if they can't enforce a money judgment precluding their ability to solicit US business is tantamount to closing them down. There's also the same business incentives - marketing, reputation, trust, etc.

Since then the biggest thing I've realized is these doctors could just change their names. Even if their license is pulled, they could just assume the name of another doctor. For example, Alessandrini's original last name seems to have been Perez. There's another Dr. Alessandrini who is a hair surgeon at Vida and is clearly not the same guy. I read somewhere that they were brothers, but Vida Medical claims there's no relation whatsoever. Whose right? I have no idea.

Even the business name Renovate Medical Center is not appearing as a Mexican business - the corporation is still Hospital Bajanor. All money orders to Hospital Bajanor, not Renovate. Hospital Bajanor was implicated in the FBI sting that led these doctors charged with criminal fraud in the US. The corporation is still under Hospital Bajanor, and the payments are all made to Hospital Bajanor.

Not to scare others from coming forward, but you have to wonder how they're still operating in Mexico under the same trade name if they're not paying off someone, because at the very least it's a pain in the ass for the Mexican government - what is it, $40 to register a new trade name? The level of enforcement is so poor that these clinics do not even to register a new corporation for $40 after they're shut down by the FBI.

I don't want to ruin anyone's business, because my being ripped off doesn't justify the business being bad. You can scam one person, and not others. My only suggestion is that when people talk to a Mexican doctor they run a comprehensive google search to see if it's a real name or not a real name.

At the end of the day, even if I sued or other people came forward to speak up, all they would do is change the name. As much as I want to be to optimistic, if the FBI couldn't even motivate the main people it arrested in 2003 to incorporate a new name for $40, who can?

Unfortunately, the only affect of this is that it will harm the Dr. Alessandrini with VIDA Medical Care, another HT surgeon who at least has no US criminal record. If Dr. Perez could become Dr. Alessandrini P. then there's no reason he can't become Dr. Cooper A.P., Dr. Cooper P. or any other of the billion possible names of his choosing.

Edited by hairlaw

• 1 month later...
Oh my God , I had another bad hair transplant in a different clinic in Tijuana Mex .

Where did you go?

I want to head south basically because of the experience I had with my first 1500 grafts done in Sherman Oaks, CA. Nothing special there...dead bug on the floor and badly needing paint. The contract sales person lied several times (I found out later) to get me in the door. The technicians did 90 percent of the procedure with the Dr. stopping by 2 or 3 times. He cut the incisions and gave the pep talk at the end, but that was about it.

Has anyone heard of a good option south of the border?

I've hard about Carlos and Gilberto Alessandrini so unless you've a had good experience, don't waste your breathe. I've read all the bad things about him/them.

Dr. Sara Lea Salas seems good but her pricing is the same as I can get here.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Where did you go?

I want to head south basically because of the experience I had with my first 1500 grafts done in Sherman Oaks, CA. Nothing special there...dead bug on the floor and badly needing paint. The contract sales person lied several times (I found out later) to get me in the door. The technicians did 90 percent of the procedure with the Dr. stopping by 2 or 3 times. He cut the incisions and gave the pep talk at the end, but that was about it.

Has anyone heard of a good option south of the border?

I've hard about Carlos and Gilberto Alessandrini so unless you've a had good experience, don't waste your breathe. I've read all the bad things about him/them.

Dr. Sara Lea Salas seems good but her pricing is the same as I can get here.

Sorry , i that it took me so long to respond , I am still depressed for the mediocre hair transplant that I had , I had the HT at Neopel clinic in Tijuana .

Do you know any other clinic with hood reputation in Tijuana ?

Thank you.

I'd been considering Neopel but they have a rep named Maurice that is terrible at responding when he says he will.

Because of their inconsistency and your experience, I've set an appointment at another clinic for April 21st and will provide an update and name of the doctor then.

Thank you.

I'd been considering Neopel but they have a rep named Maurice that is terrible at responding when he says he will.

Because of their inconsistency and your experience, I've set an appointment at another clinic for April 21st and will provide an update and name of the doctor then.

I wish I had done more research before getting my HT at that clinic , I regret it very much .and I am still paying the consequences .

I am looking forward to hear about your hair transplant ! And please let me know the name of the Doctor or clinic when you have a chance so I can set up an apooinment with them .

Best luck to you ..!

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you.

Are you getting it done this Friday?

I was thinking of doing at Neopel, but now I'm thinking about Nader.

For legal reasons, I am barred from posting, but what I will say is this:

If you pay for any procedure in Mexico and feel something is sketchy, don't give it the benefit of the doubt or assume you're racist for having these suspicions.

At the end of the day, 2,000-5,000 is not a small amount of money, and maybe it's even your life savings, but your intuition when it comes to any kind of surgery is the product of millions of years of evolutionary history. You're not nervous about shaking someone's hand or being somebody's friend. You're nervous about them performing surgery.

Your intuition is probably right, and you have to keep in mind that Mexican clinics have historically been more prone to fraud and life changing mistakes by a margin of between 75 and 300:1. A 1:30000 risk here, according to the data is a 1:100 risk there.

It's also an unfair burden to the surgeon to go through with it. The surgeon wants your money, but gains nothing from you having a bad result or dying. By going through with it, you're making them do something they're just as nervous of doing.

If they're not a doctor or experienced, your result will be ridiculous. You may have hair in random spots or have a strip of 3000 grafts taken for literally 15 or 20 grafts placed in random intervals.

You will then have to have surgery to remove these grafts and you pay more for that then the first surgery so you ultimately spend 5,000 on top of your 2,000 and 3,000 to be in the same boat but with a gigantic scar and inability to get future transplants. It's unfair to both you and the doctor to have the procedure done. They don't want to disfigure you anymore than you don't want to be disfigured so read b/w the lines, and don't force them to risk your life. Would you let a guy outside a 7/11 cut you open with a scalpel? No, so don't be irresponsible and ask someone else to just because you paid them money. It's unfair to them, and risky to you.

I am not bafred from saying that different surgeons have different post up strategies, and that post-op care or discussion is not included with Alessandrini's surgeries.

In America, it is and you're encouraged to follow up with your surgeon. With Alessandrini, you're not and this is not the policy so if you value post up care or the ability to contact your surgeon after the surgery, Alessandrini is a bad choice.

Alessandrini also does not provide a graft count or tell you how many grafts you'll get. You're paying for the surgery, not a specific graft amount.

Alessandrini also does not customize your surgery. Regardless of what's discussed, you can't veer from the line at the front of the scalp.

Unlike American hair transplants, which always go from the crown forward, Alessandrini only will do the hairline for the first procedure. If your balding is more advanced, you should preschedule a follow up transplant or you will have a huge island. You may also consult with Alessandrini about the possibility of removing the grafts so your surgery consists of (1) transplant and (2) removing the transplant, which can be a better result because you will be where you started plus a scar.

You will also not have anesthesia for most of the procedure - this may be for your own health.

By having surgery with Alessandrini, you consent to him taking your photo for marketing purposes - you will have to tilt down so only the hairline shows up in the picture. If you don't want your picture taken for marketing purposes, it's not the right clinic.

It's a great place for a hair transplant if you're NW1/2 and just looking to restore a partly receding hairline. It's not a clinic for crown loss, thinning, NW2.5 or higher or for those who want to be able to talk with a doctor for post-op care.

• 9 months later...

Hi I just saw that there was a lot of discussion since I last been here and I wanted to give an update . I have to say I am really really happy with my outcome. It's exactly what I wanted. I tend to think people who have bad experience either have unrealistic expectations or were not good HAT candidates to begin with. I can't speak to post op care because I really didn't need any. Maybe I was just lucky. Anyway here are some pics 4 years on.

IMG_20180222_094432.jpg.a7b2bd06f3c5b52a00c546d3efbc7ee0.jpg

IMG_20180222_082757.jpg.894100bb941d2c74cfe9c2f915a94045.jpg

IMG_20180222_082433.jpg.dbdfd03462ef21bad800972bf3c75ab2.jpg

IMG_20180222_082055.jpg.b11044603ff38d583f44c9e6b2ee43dc.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hi I just saw that there was a lot of discussion since I last been here and I wanted to give an update . I have to say I am really really happy with my outcome. It's exactly what I wanted. I tend to think people who have bad experience either have unrealistic expectations or were not good HAT candidates to begin with. I can't speak to post op care because I really didn't need any. Maybe I was just lucky. Anyway here are some pics 4 years on.

This is a fake post. Alessandrini is not a doctor and lost his medical license in the FBI sting. I had to spend 10k having what Alessandrini did redone and the scar is massive. The broken english makes it obvious you are ith the clinic.

Again, my wish is not to hurt his business, just make it obvious he is not a doctor and should not be trusted giving HT's. You can pay him, but don't let him touch your scalp. He is not qualified to do so.

This is a fake post. Alessandrini is not a doctor and lost his medical license in the FBI sting. I had to spend 10k having what Alessandrini did redone and the scar is massive. The broken english makes it obvious you are ith the clinic.

Again, my wish is not to hurt his business, just make it obvious he is not a doctor and should not be trusted giving HT's. You can pay him, but don't let him touch your scalp. He is not qualified to do so.

Well since I know I'm real makes me think you're probably fake. Especially since your calling out my English while you yourself seem to be linguistically challenged. You certainly don't sound like a lawyer . Anyway it's stupid to accuse someone you don't know of being fake just because your experience differed from theirs. I had a great experience. I've spoken privately with others who asked my advice and also got good results. Maybe you just weren't a good candidate but more likely you have some sort of issue with the doctor unrelated to hair transplants.

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,  I am posting this on this website a reply to someone named Luke who posted about Carlos Allesandrini on the Yelp application. Hence some of the information is not addressing all the rants I’ve seen in this thread.

Hi, I read Luke's review and I feel bad for him but for the most part I have a positive review of  Dr. Carlos Alessandrini. I’ll go ahead and break down everything I remember, my hair transplant was about a year ago.

1. When I contacted the Dr. Carlos Alessandrini he said he doesn’t do the FUT aka strip method(this is the method that Luke got from him ). Dr. Alessandrini now  exclusively does the FUE method. The FUE method they shave a big part of the back your head (the donor area)and poke out hairs one,two, three or four hairs at a time. Most American transplant people like the strip method aka FUT I guess it's easier to find the best hair, less chance of ruining hairs via accidentally splitting them during the extrapolation process, however you will have a linear line where they made the FUT extraction.(donor area) for the rest of your life. I was just listening to a podcast with Joe Rogan he is a pretty rich dude and he states he’s embarrassed about the incision  line he has in the back of his head from his hair transplant. I got the FUE method from Dr. Alessandrini office and I can tell you 11 months post operation I can’t feel any nicks in the back of my head and you can’t see any punch hole incisions. Remover the FUE  method uses a circular poking tool for a donor area extraction(  hopefully I can post a picture to clarify what I mean)

2. I only had 500 hairs done and my only complaint is I was a little frustrated how much of the back of my head was shaved I thought he told me it would be camouflaged post surgery I believe it was very noticeable and I gave them that feedback(I’m attempting to attach a picture that shows where he extrapolated the hair from the back of my head).  However as I stated before once your hair grows back there is no linear line with this method no nicks no anything. I can’t feel where he made those incisions at all. In regards to the recipient area as Luke said they make tiny little incisions and then they place the hair follicles in those incisions. I want to clarify to Luke when someone says 2500 hair follicles they can put  up to four hair follicles in one incision. The vernacular can be a little confusing with this, so although you counted only 1500 incisions in the recipient area you could easily have 2500 hairs in the 1500 incisions. 

3. I am attempting to post some pictures that are 11 months post operation. I cannot tel a big difference But remember I only got 500 done I’m estimating I need about 3000 hairs to be somewhat satisfied. Remember it was only 500 hairs, i’m probably gonna need about 3000 hair. The doctor has explain to me that it takes almost a year for the donor area to recover so this is going to take me about six years to complete. I know it’s a stupid way of doing it but the thing is I really want to do this covertly.

4. Everything that Luke said about the office appearance I would have to agree with I surely didn’t think I was in Beverly Hills I felt like I was more in Mexico. With that being said I’d like to reiterate to Luke that this place is in Mexico not a Mexican resort but real Mexico really Mexico it is different than most parts of the United States especially San Diego or Beverly Hills. 

5. As for who does the actual procedure Luke is right. Dr Alessandrini only does a portion of the procedure. Dr. made the incisions in the recipient area but it was someone else who did the poking in the back of my head and replanting in the recipients area, this is the same way they do it in America. I know this because mostly America doctors will give you a free consultation  once you’re able to con their first sales associate that you’re about 90% sure you want to do it this is merely a sales person the doctor has in front of them and  eventually I just asked the questions who’s actually doing what they reluctantly will tell you that they have a team that does most of the tedious work and that they make the incisions.

6. When it comes to price I saved $3000 going to this doctor in Mexico compared to the couple doctor that’s close to me here in Ohio and Michigan. Yep it was drastically cheaper for me to fly all the way to friggin Mexico to get my hair transplant.  

7.As Luke stated if you want doctor Alessandrini will have a very nice person pick You up from the airport in San Diego or Tijuana who speaks English and drives a nice car. I actually flew into San Diego from Cleveland then took a train across the border then got an Uber to my hotel and walked to the doctors office. My method will save you 35 bucks but I don’t know if it was money well saved. I guess what I’m trying to say I got scared a couple times walking around in Tijuana especially attempting to get the cash needed for the hair transplant out of an ATM there. Dr. Only accepts cash :(.  After me trying to save 35 bucks and up having to hire his driver to take me across the border because my ATM card wouldn’t work in Mexico so I am not saving anything .

8. When it comes to post up I would have to disagree with Luke the doctor communicate with me before the procedure during, and after the procedure and continually checked in with me to make sure I was listening I still remember him saying several times “your heads going to itch after this procedure in the next few days he said don’t touch it listen to me don’t  itch it, it’s going to Itch DON’T ITCH IT!  He went over how to care for the next few days and he continually told me how important it is and how to care for the next few days. He took pictures of my head before and after of the surgery and he is kept in contact with me via email is continually asked me to send in photos every three months to see how it’s doing. Doctors kept his word, he is kept in contact me via email and I’m considering going back for another 500 hairs I mean go down as low as 250 unless he can make less of a shaving in the back of my head. 

Hopefully I’ve covered everything after reading Luke’s review I thought it was important that I left this review and hopefully I’ve cleared a couple things up for Luke and those who have read his review..

Peace

I

CA0C79A7-62A4-448F-80A9-F58EAD5B450D.png

34400361-2530-4F20-AB37-A23A39DFA0BC.png

36321925-65AE-47F8-BA0D-FFABA335DB1A.png

23 minutes ago, ironman994 said:

Hi Guys,  I am posting this on this website a reply to someone named Luke who posted about Carlos Allesandrini on the Yelp application. Hence some of the information is not addressing all the rants I’ve seen in this thread.

Hi, I read Luke's review and I feel bad for him but for the most part I have a positive review of  Dr. Carlos Alessandrini. I’ll go ahead and break down everything I remember, my hair transplant was about a year ago.

1. When I contacted the Dr. Carlos Alessandrini he said he doesn’t do the FUT aka strip method(this is the method that Luke got from him ). Dr. Alessandrini now  exclusively does the FUE method. The FUE method they shave a big part of the back your head (the donor area)and poke out hairs one,two, three or four hairs at a time. Most American transplant people like the strip method aka FUT I guess it's easier to find the best hair, less chance of ruining hairs via accidentally splitting them during the extrapolation process, however you will have a linear line where they made the FUT extraction.(donor area) for the rest of your life. I was just listening to a podcast with Joe Rogan he is a pretty rich dude and he states he’s embarrassed about the incision  line he has in the back of his head from his hair transplant. I got the FUE method from Dr. Alessandrini office and I can tell you 11 months post operation I can’t feel any nicks in the back of my head and you can’t see any punch hole incisions. Remover the FUE  method uses a circular poking tool for a donor area extraction(  hopefully I can post a picture to clarify what I mean)

2. I only had 500 hairs done and my only complaint is I was a little frustrated how much of the back of my head was shaved I thought he told me it would be camouflaged post surgery I believe it was very noticeable and I gave them that feedback(I’m attempting to attach a picture that shows where he extrapolated the hair from the back of my head).  However as I stated before once your hair grows back there is no linear line with this method no nicks no anything. I can’t feel where he made those incisions at all. In regards to the recipient area as Luke said they make tiny little incisions and then they place the hair follicles in those incisions. I want to clarify to Luke when someone says 2500 hair follicles they can put  up to four hair follicles in one incision. The vernacular can be a little confusing with this, so although you counted only 1500 incisions in the recipient area you could easily have 2500 hairs in the 1500 incisions. 

3. I am attempting to post some pictures that are 11 months post operation. I cannot tel a big difference But remember I only got 500 done I’m estimating I need about 3000 hairs to be somewhat satisfied. Remember it was only 500 hairs, i’m probably gonna need about 3000 hair. The doctor has explain to me that it takes almost a year for the donor area to recover so this is going to take me about six years to complete. I know it’s a stupid way of doing it but the thing is I really want to do this covertly.

4. Everything that Luke said about the office appearance I would have to agree with I surely didn’t think I was in Beverly Hills I felt like I was more in Mexico. With that being said I’d like to reiterate to Luke that this place is in Mexico not a Mexican resort but real Mexico really Mexico it is different than most parts of the United States especially San Diego or Beverly Hills. 

5. As for who does the actual procedure Luke is right. Dr Alessandrini only does a portion of the procedure. Dr. made the incisions in the recipient area but it was someone else who did the poking in the back of my head and replanting in the recipients area, this is the same way they do it in America. I know this because mostly America doctors will give you a free consultation  once you’re able to con their first sales associate that you’re about 90% sure you want to do it this is merely a sales person the doctor has in front of them and  eventually I just asked the questions who’s actually doing what they reluctantly will tell you that they have a team that does most of the tedious work and that they make the incisions.

6. When it comes to price I saved $3000 going to this doctor in Mexico compared to the couple doctor that’s close to me here in Ohio and Michigan. Yep it was drastically cheaper for me to fly all the way to friggin Mexico to get my hair transplant.  

7.As Luke stated if you want doctor Alessandrini will have a very nice person pick You up from the airport in San Diego or Tijuana who speaks English and drives a nice car. I actually flew into San Diego from Cleveland then took a train across the border then got an Uber to my hotel and walked to the doctors office. My method will save you 35 bucks but I don’t know if it was money well saved. I guess what I’m trying to say I got scared a couple times walking around in Tijuana especially attempting to get the cash needed for the hair transplant out of an ATM there. Dr. Only accepts cash :(.  After me trying to save 35 bucks and up having to hire his driver to take me across the border because my ATM card wouldn’t work in Mexico so I am not saving anything .

8. When it comes to post up I would have to disagree with Luke the doctor communicate with me before the procedure during, and after the procedure and continually checked in with me to make sure I was listening I still remember him saying several times “your heads going to itch after this procedure in the next few days he said don’t touch it listen to me don’t  itch it, it’s going to Itch DON’T ITCH IT!  He went over how to care for the next few days and he continually told me how important it is and how to care for the next few days. He took pictures of my head before and after of the surgery and he is kept in contact with me via email is continually asked me to send in photos every three months to see how it’s doing. Doctors kept his word, he is kept in contact me via email and I’m considering going back for another 500 hairs I mean go down as low as 250 unless he can make less of a shaving in the back of my head. 

Hopefully I’ve covered everything after reading Luke’s review I thought it was important that I left this review and hopefully I’ve cleared a couple things up for Luke and those who have read his review..

Peace

I

CA0C79A7-62A4-448F-80A9-F58EAD5B450D.png

34400361-2530-4F20-AB37-A23A39DFA0BC.png

36321925-65AE-47F8-BA0D-FFABA335DB1A.png

Cool man good luck with your journey. I'm now over 5 years out and I never even think about my HT.  I have a scar but noone ever sees it because it's only noticable if I buzz the sides really short. I've been married 3 years almost and my wife doesn't even know I had it done.  I never got really thick in the crown but I have so much thick healthy hair it doesn't even matter. Here are some pics from just now87969279.thumb.png.94186e522a144c69bf966b69c406fdf6.png

1927820357.png

674644920.png

620144394.png

• 4 months later...