Dr. Alessandrini My Tijuana HT 2600 grafts

sunfire

So I'm 30 years old. I'm about a norwood 3v and most of my hair loss took place in my late 20s which is when I started researching HT procedures. Living in California I first checked out some Doctors out here then inquired about some of the Canadian Doctors I've read about on this forum. Both were way out of my price range but the information I gather was that since I had such thick donor area and I didn't need a mega session the procedure would be pretty straight forward. I also settled on the FUT strip process since I know friends who have had the strip and others who had FUE..after a few months the FUT scars were undectectable and they seemed to me to have grown more hair than the FUE guys. I started reading about HT doctors on this and other sites. There was a lot of anti-mexican HT talk going around but usually not from patients who went there. I heard people complaining about stuff like the beds were uncomfortable..all that mattered to me were results. I narrowed it down to Dr. Alessandrini with Renovate Medical (also called Bajanor) and Dr. Hernandez with Neopel Clinic. They both seemed pretty comparable though Neopel was slightly more expensive and very slow to respond So I went with Dr. Alessandrini. I paid $2500 for what they approximated would be 2200 grafts. I was met at the mexican side of the san ysidro/tijuana border by the doctors son. We walked through a pretty shabby neighborhood to get to Renovate Medical. Renovate Medical Center while better than the neighboring buildings was also quite shabby..not the Sleek modern beverly hills office you would associate with cosmetic surgery. The facilities and amenities were not very modern and there was a pretty laid back atmosphere among the staff..at this point I was a bit worried. I soon met the doctor who was very professional calming and knew what he was talking about. The nurses were all super sweet...by the end of the day we were all friends. The actual procedure was smooth and painless. Since my donor area is dense and since I shmoozed the nurses all day they were able to retrieve and implant 2600 grafts..the extra grafts went to thickening between the crown and hairline. All in All it was a good experience but what matters most now is the results. If the results turn out the way I think they will I'd gladly skip the formalities and marble counter-tops for a good affordable HT. This all happened yesterday so I'll post some pre-op and 1st day post op pics.

also wanted to say a few things...the crown was filled in with the 3-4 hair grafts while the 1s and 2s were used on the hairline mostly. My only regret so far was not filling in the area abover and to the right of my crown in the pictures. My reasoning was that first of all its not that bad 2nd of all since i've never really been on a strict regime of rogain and propecia and I will be on both now, that part may thicken up a bit anyway.

• 2 months later...

As requested here are some updated photos...I'm in month two now soon to be month 3 post op...if u had asked me a couple weeks ago for progress pics I would have told you there's nothing to show but miserable shedding..but I am just now coming out of the ugly duckiling phase and beginning to see some real growth..still have many months to go..if u have specific questions let me know

image.jpg.f303ed2ad28c9cd3c9b45d6686f087eb.jpg

• 2 months later...

So in a few days it will be 5 months...really encouraging results so far...scar healed beautifully and real growth was going crazy for a while. Now a new hair now and then but not as much..but the hairs are getting thicker...tell me what you think so far?

20141107_214813.jpg.fe95fd88270fe55d164deaeebd1aefe1.jpg

Studio_20141107_214910.jpg.35a917acde3a7db3fa261b44da55e66e.jpg

Studio_20141107_215046.jpg.445f9647781ad754b7e7e8205b93bed9.jpg

Studio_20141107_215010.jpg.5e9cd4c20a21f82a369387b75dbbeaa2.jpg

Studio_20141107_214411.jpg.61a6fef90ea5e75f449068561c152298.jpg

• 5 months later...

Your result pictures look great. Yours is about the only positive hair transplant surgery review I can find on Dr. Alessandrini or Renovate Medical ( there are hardly any)....How about an up date?

grafts don't appear to be very dense in the post op pics and nor does it at 5 months. for 2200 grafts in such a small area it shud hav far more density. Mexico? thats quite a roll of the dice.....

Sorry I haven't updated for a while. The reason is because I truly don't think about my hair anymore. As far as the density its plenty dense for my taste. It looks totally natural and no one has any idea I had it done. People who I haven't seen in a while can't put their finger on but they say I look different. I hear " have you lost weight" all the time now. I'm at work now but i'll post some of the most up to date pics tonight.

I'm glad the procedure worked out for you! I too went with Dr Alessandrini. I opted for the FUE procedure which took place on Jan 30th Of this year. I am 2 and a half months post op, for the most part , most of the transplanted hairs have fallen out but I still have a few lingering around. Reading your post has enlightened me and raised my hope for a successful procedure. only time will tell if it worked out for me as it did for you. I agree, the staff was very laid back and very accomodating. I felt well taken care of the whole time I was there. The office has kept in touched with me and I am expecting a 3 month follow up here in the next few weeks via email. I hope everything goes well as it did for you, and I'm so happy to see you enjoying your new hair. Cheers!

@ manuelphx

I have gotten a quote from and considering Dr Alessandrini.

Could you tell us more details about your procedure? Number of grafts, transportation, accommodations, length of stay and surgery.

Hopefully some photos...Thanks!

Hello Mr.Matt, I had 1500 grafts for 3500. I opted for the FUE method because I did not want a linear scar. The donor area has healed rather nicely with very minimal visible scarring. I'm sure with time it will be almost invisible to see.

I am out of Phoenix, so I drove for the weekend down to San diego. I stayed at a hotel maybe about 5 minutes away from the border. It was not a 4 or 5 star hotel but it did the job and for 50$ you could not beat it. It had a comfortable bed and was clean. The morning of, I was called by the Dr.'s son who met me at the border on the TJ side. He was a pleasant and polite man, we had small conversation about the area while we walked to the office which is about 5 minutes into Mexico. I am not in the medical field but the facility did look modern with modern equipment. Immediately I was greeted by the doctor and asked if I had any questions, then I was promptly prepped for surgery. There were maybe 3 or 4 nurses on duty that day, all of which provided exceptional care, especially Mrs. Martha. We took a small break about halfway into the surgery for lunch, of which one of the nurses went for. The shrimp tacos were some of the best I've ever had might I add. The surgery itself was administered by the techs, the dr. only prepped the anesthesia, and provided guidance to the nurses. I initially thought that the Dr would be the one performing the surgery, but it was the techs who did most of the work, and it seems like that is the new norm from my research of hair transplant medical offices (the techs do most of the legwork). The surgery started at around 830am local time and ended at about 530pm local time. I was given instructions for post op and some medication to bring back. I thought customs would hassle me over the medication but they only asked what it was for and I told them I had just gone through surgery in Mexico and they let me cross without incident. I am 2 and a half months post op now and most of my transplanted hairs have fallen out. I still have a few that have yet to fall, and I even have a few that have grown into long thin hairs which I assume will thicken with time. As of now I think I have passed the ugly duckling stage, so all I can do is wait and hope that the surgery was a success. The front office has kept in touch with me regularly answering any questions I've had which I am grateful of. The OP has had success with his surgery so I am hoping for the same. Any more questions, feel free to ask!

manuelphx

Thanks for the detailed review of your procedure. Did you consult with any other doctors in Mexico And what made you decide on Dr Alessandrini ?

So far I have spoken with or emailed:

Dr manuel gutierrez romero FUT 3000 grafts $3800

Dr Ana Gabriela Hernandez Amayo No Reply

Dr Luis Nader Very slow reply by email (no longer performing FUT) 3000 FUE grafts $5553 hotel included.

Dr Alessandrini Renovate medical center FUT 2800- 3000 grafts $3000

I'm considered a Norwood 3v also.I've been on the fence (choosing a doctor) but after seeing Sunfire's results and reading your favorable review I may just roll the dice with Dr Alessandrini.

manuelphx

Thanks for the detailed review of your procedure. Did you consult with any other doctors in Mexico And what made you decide on Dr Alessandrini ?

So far I have spoken with or emailed:

Dr manuel gutierrez romero FUT 3000 grafts $3800

Dr Ana Gabriela Hernandez Amayo No Reply

Dr Luis Nader Very slow reply by email (no longer performing FUT) 3000 FUE grafts $5553 hotel included.

Dr Alessandrini Renovate medical center FUT 2800- 3000 grafts $3000

I'm considered a Norwood 3v also.I've been on the fence (choosing a doctor) but after seeing Sunfire's results and reading your favorable review I may just roll the dice with Dr Alessandrini.

Hiya Mr.Matt, not a problem bud! We're all in the hair loss battle together.

I actually spoke to 2 other doctors in Mexico, one of which was a female (I cant remember her name) and the other was Dr. Gardel. The female was based out of TJ but she was charging 4$ per graft, which for that price, I can just get it done locally. For me, saving money was the biggest issue which is why I chose to go to Mexico for the procedure. I will never recommend anyone to Dr.Gardel, simply for the fact that I had made an appointment at his office, only to show up at his office completely empty. I drove 4 and half hours to see him for my initial consultation, and I even called to confirm my appointment the day before, and the morning of on my drive there to make sure everything was still good to go. I was assured by the person on the phone that everything was good and that they were waiting for me. When I arrived there, no one was at the office so I called their 1800 number and it was then that I was told that the doctor was not in town and would not be for a few days. They told me to send pictures so that the dr could do an online consultation and I did, and I never heard back from them.

I think what made me go with Dr. Alessandrini was the fast and prompt communication between the front office and I. Within an hour of sending their office an email I received a response, and within 2 hours we were speaking on the telephone. I told them what had happened at Dr.Gardels office and they assured me it would not happen with them and that their clients are very important to them. The front office told me to send in some pictures and within a day or two I was contacted by the front office again with the doctors notes on my hairline and his recommendation of 1500 grafts. The OP had a successful HT, he went with the FUT. I am two and a half months post-op with the FUE method and while it is too early to say if it was a success or not, after reading this thread, my hopes have gone up. I cannot comment on my surgery for it is too early to do so, but I am hopeful it will turn out well. and by the way, after voicing some concerns to the front office (everyone has concerns in the beginning) they assured me that they guarantee all their hair transplants. So I am assuming that if it was a failed procedure they will go ahead and do another one free of charge (im only assuming). Make sure you bring this up if do decide to go with Dr. Alessandrini and let me know what they say. Oh, and also, from what the Dr. told me, his office has performed thousands of hair transplants. I hope I have helped any way I could, stay in touch if you do go with Dr. Alessandrini and I can update you on my progress as it comes!

Cheers

• Like 1

I believe your H/T will be a success as any procedure done correctly.

I have had 1700 FUT grafts done for $6850 5-2013 with Dr. Limmer in San Antonio TX .I was very happy with the results but not the price.I have been evaluated to need around 3000 more grafts and can get it done in Tijuana for $3000.

I'm going to Mexico for the same reasons as you...to get my hair back and not break the bank.I have done extensive research on hair transplants in Mexico and believe a person can get a very good H/T and have a safe trip at a fraction of US prices. I am definitely having this done & will let you an everyone know the out come.

• 1 month later...

Hey Mr.Matt have you had your procedure yet? I just want you to be aware that I think the dr. Office screwed up my graft count. I had paid 3500 for 1500 FUE grafts but it seems like I only received half to a third of that. My frontal hair line was rebuilt and frontal hair lines are built with 1 hair grafts, unfortunately that would mean roughly 1500 incisions but in fact I only received 300-400. That means I overpaid and got screwed by this office. I had a feeling that I did not get the full 1500 but I was unsure because this was my first transplant so I did not know what 1500 looked like, but then I saw someone's 900 HT and it was considerably much more than my 1500.

manuelphx,

Really sorry to hear you got short changed on your grafts. Did you confront them about it ? What did they say ?

1500 is quite a few grafts & should have gave good coverage of the hairline & a ways back, looking at HT photos of similar amounts of grafts should give you a good idea whether you got what you paid for.

At 3 1/2 months are you seeing any results ? At that point of my procedure my grafts had grown in at about an inch, but everyone progresses at a different pace .

As for me unforeseen things came up to put my HT on hold for the moment. All of the few reviews & photos I 've seen of Dr Alessandrini's work is FUT..Maybe FUE isn't his long suit, but you still should have received the 1500 grafts! Please let me known how it comes out & what they are willing to do to satisfy your concerns ( the guarantee) maybe some photos?

Thanks!

I'm going to Mexico for the same reasons as you...to get my hair back and not break the bank.I have done extensive research on hair transplants in Mexico and believe a person can get a very good H/T and have a safe trip at a fraction of US prices. I am definitely having this done & will let you an everyone know the out come.

u haven't done enough research then. if ur trying to get ur hair back and save money then go to Europe not freakn Mexico. really dude?

search this site and find 10 ppl that have gone to Mexico for a HT. don't be one of those fools that doesn't want to travel abroad and wants a cheap HT in Mexico. a fool and his money are soon parted.....:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Mr.Matt have you had your procedure yet? I just want you to be aware that I think the dr. Office screwed up my graft count. I had paid 3500 for 1500 FUE grafts but it seems like I only received half to a third of that. My frontal hair line was rebuilt and frontal hair lines are built with 1 hair grafts, unfortunately that would mean roughly 1500 incisions but in fact I only received 300-400. That means I overpaid and got screwed by this office. I had a feeling that I did not get the full 1500 but I was unsure because this was my first transplant so I did not know what 1500 looked like, but then I saw someone's 900 HT and it was considerably much more than my 1500.

manuelphx;

How about an update ? I'd really like to know how your situation is turning out.

busa

Thank you very much for your ignorant, uneducated & unasked for opinion.

that post made me LOL.... Mexico huh? sorry dude nothn ignorant or uneducated about that.

here's a news flash for ya..... aint no one goin to Mexico for hair transplants these days for a reason..... smarten up!

Busa

Sunfire's results look very good and the price is great.The only negative response to Dr Alessandria's work ( the whole internet) I can find so far is manuelphx's situation that he thought he didn't get the amount of grafts he paid for & never updated what happen or commented on his results (good or bad)

Renovate Medical Center has been around since 1986. If they were constantly churning out bad HT surgeries I'm sure it would be all over the internet.

aint no one goin to Mexico for hair transplants these days for a reason.....

Do you have any links to back up your statements ? If Surgeons in Mexico in general are doing bad procedures I can't find anyone discussing them. I believe everyone here knows who the true ignoramus is here and it's not me.

Busa

Sunfire's results look very good and the price is great.The only negative response to Dr Alessandria's work ( the whole internet) I can find so far is manuelphx's situation that he thought he didn't get the amount of grafts he paid for & never updated what happen or commented on his results (good or bad)

Renovate Medical Center has been around since 1986. If they were constantly churning out bad HT surgeries I'm sure it would be all over the internet.

Do you have any links to back up your statements ? If Surgeons in Mexico in general are doing bad procedures I can't find anyone discussing them. I believe everyone here knows who the true ignoramus is here and it's not me.

if there so great then why do ppl from the US fly to Europe vs. Mexico? Mexico is far cheaper and closer.

Bosley has been around since 1974 so wats ur point? u think because of that everyone shud go there? Bosley constantly turns out bad hair transplants but because of ignorance and marketing and price ppl go there. then they realize they shud hav done more research like you need to do....:rolleyes:

I know u want to go there because its dirt cheap and ur thinking ur gonna get a great HT and save lots of money. well, ull certainly save lots of money..... but then ull spend twice as much finding another HT surgeon to fix ur disaster!