Three Month Results

voxman

It's been 3 months since I underwent my HT procedure. Strip, 2551 grafts, tight scalp, 64 year old.

First ever HT. I wanted a mature *ouch* hairline to help frame the face and wear longish. Based on the timeframes in the FAQ section, I am just at the 10% growth mark. I can feel all kinds of short hairs coming up and am still getting a few pimples.

People are starting to notice. If I can hit the finish line with all that area pretty much full, I will be a happy old man.

My PIC is a bad photoshop attempt - angle off, etc...- but you can get the idea.

5b32df4d14d64_BEFOREAND3MONTHS.jpg.cb745f1af8c08e8329b079563d3ff01c.jpg

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

That is a very mature hairline, but you have to work with what you got. I think it will be a nice change for you and that you'll be happy when it grows out.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I feel good about the progress and my thinning settled down a number of years back so my hair will probably outlive me. I've never had a self esteem issue or felt depressed about my hair. I'm enjoying life (always have) and am having fun watching the hair grow. The next 9 months will be a gas. Life's too short (...to have short hair...) :D

even at 64 I would have gone more aggressive, but you seem pleased with the placement which is important

who was your surgeon btw?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

The goofy angle of the pic and my poor attempt to place it on the pre-op head makes it look less aggressive that it actually is. It's not aggressive by any means, but is significantly better than the pics show. I'll do full face matching angle at 4 months. I had it done by Dr. Chao, he of the flat rate reputation. I discussed this experience in an earlier post and so far I have no complaints. I have never, ever, in my life combed my hair 'back', and once it's grown in still don't plan to. I'm an over to the side and let it fall guy. The phrases '1's' or '2's' are foreign to me. We'll see if it susses out or if I need some additional work - but at 64, I may drop over dead tomorrow. On stage, with my Tele and a beautiful dancing girlr by my side.

I hit the 14 week mark tomorrow. The new hair is thin, sticks out all over, and some are colorless - hard to tell with my mixed coloring - but I can tell the difference already. It was a small (by comparison to all you massive FUE guys) procedure but I am thrilled so far - Let's hope I live to see it at 18 months! Because I'm, you know, too old for this nonsense ;)

5b32df5cf27f9_14weeks.jpg.58d2e38b5cc62d64f25fbda49493c2e9.jpg

Using Minox now - used it over 25 years ago with no effect. Not sure it is even working this time but I am giving it a go - the loss really stabilized about 10-12 years ago. Once that's all filled in and mature I'll consider more work but honestly, it's such a nice change I could be very happy with it - especially as I am not 30 or 40 or even 50.

Vox,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Look forward to watching your progress.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...
even at 64 I would have gone more aggressive, but you seem pleased with the placement which is important

who was your surgeon btw?

I disagree here. I think the level of "aggression" with regards to the hairline is appropriate and responsible. Nothing breaks my heart more than seeing a doctor try to convince someone with such little hair that they can bring back a hairline and try for something other than what you received. I think it will be a good result.

It's far better to start conservative and if you have more donor hair in the future and your loss has stopped either by medication or by luck then you can go more aggressive, but in this case it was done right.

Here is a photo taken just two days ago - a much better representation than the cut and paste in the OP. I now have a 'frame' around my face. Yea!

Given that the TP hairs are just a mere 3/4 inches long on top - like my 9 year old crew cuts back in the 50's (lol) but it's still a good change. The plan of course is to let them grow and part them to the side as I grow the sides and back. Rock and Roll, baby.

Sorry if this post is too upbeat.... :)

5b32dfa1aacbe_15weeks2.jpg.5a889a45b23d50ffa92af7a2dedb1b8d.jpg

Edited by voxman

Nice, very natural looking

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Vern Gosdin :)

I agree that I would have went more aggressive, but the most important thing is that voxman seems really happy so far. Higher NW levels with conservative approaches by older patients are usually much easier to please than any other category, by far.

Also, I agree with Patriot that is better to start conservative and you can always go for more.

The only good reason to get a transplant is to make ourselves happy, and it seems to already be a success by that measure.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yeah, Spanker....I'm a happy camper.

Plus I just discovered Vern Gosdin and now I've got to work on a Tribute Act!

Yeah, Spanker....I'm a happy camper.

Plus I just discovered Vern Gosdin and now I've got to work on a Tribute Act!

He's known as "The Voice." I'd go see that show!

View Spanker's Website

Whoa. At three months post-op, you're coming along just great... I also would have told the doc to transplant a maximal amount of grafts, especially with undergoing strip... Congratulations!

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians