UK Members. Best deals on buying Propecia/Finasteride?

CAMPBELL

Gents. Where have been the best value sources for these treatments when living in the UK?

As some suppliers / retailers are charging an arm & a leg.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Campbell.

An alternative idea:

1. Book an Easyjet/Ryanair flight to a city in Spain;
  2. Fly out early morning
  3. Do some shopping, visit a few pharmacies and buy say 4 or 5 x 5mg generic finasteride (no prescription required).
  4. Fly back to the UK.

That would cost you about GBP50 for the flight and lets say 5 x GBP7.50 (EUR10) for the Fin.

That gets you 560 days worth of Fin (quarter tablet a day) and a day out.

DISCLAIMER: Inform your GP you are taking it.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

That sounds like a great plan, do you do this Matt? Is there a problem bringing the finasteride back to the UK?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I get my Finasteride from Dr Steven Edgar who is popular with UK patients requiring a private prescription for finasteride. You can email him directly drstevengedgar(at)gmail.com

He charges less than 200 pounds for 14 months supply of 5mg finasteride and the good thing is the medication is completely legitimate and you get to have contact directly with Dr Edgar himself via email or phone which is important in my opinion when dealing with medication. I highly recommend him based on my experience and contact with him to date.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

That sounds like a great plan, do you do this Matt? Is there a problem bringing the finasteride back to the UK?

I did it last week, although it was part of a longer holiday than just a day trip. I have enough finasteride to last until mid 2016.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I ended up going back to paying sky high prices at a certain London outfit for Propecia after I tried the cheaper Finpecia from Dr. Sing, my hair got really worse after the change. Makes me a bit hesitant to change again but it does seem very tempting - the price difference is just insane.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Personally, I get mine via boots online. ?90 for 3 months supply of Propecia 1mg. I'd rather pay the extra to ensure I get the branded name and legitimate supply from a reputable supplier.

Thats good news in terms of availability and price reductions. My issue is the lack of consistency between brand and generic finasteride - I have read many cases where people switch from brand to generic and suffer increased hairloss/shed and/or side effects that weren't present before.

Well isn't all generic in the form of 5mg pills that require chopping? With a 1mg pill, the dose is the same every time you take it. This is not the case for a 5mg pill because a) unequal chopping of pill, and b) unequal distribution of the drug within the pill amongst filler etc

I had a disaster switching from Propecia to the generic Finpecia

• 2 weeks later...

Some great resources Gents!

Also look at Trustworthymedicine.com

Based in the USA but low postage to UK.

To give you an idea. ?119 (GB Pounds) for 120 x 5mg Proscar!! Blimey! Then just chop them up (or pessle and mortar them and weigh out into 1mg - a faff I know, but for that price..!).

Edited by CAMPBELL