I've been considering restoration for quite some time now.I've been fighting the slow process for up to 20 years now. I see the righting on the wall when I look at my father. I always thought I would use modern technology at my dispense when the time came. Well the last year the crown (the worst trouble spot) got to the point no amount of toppik could cover, and the spot kept on growing. I've always had a high forehead, but there's no doubt it's pulled back. You can see the eventual righting on the wall that that at some point the two will meet. Which I would like to avoid. I've been a consistent rogaine user for 10 plus years, and have taken generic propecia off and on as well. I think now if ever, is the time to get something done. I have dense substantial donor areas in the back of my head. My thoughts were to hit the crown heavy (1500 or so graphs....then re-fortify the hairline and mid scalp with the remaining 1000 or so) Good Idea?

Edited by samantha91798

The goal for the most part is to get better coverage in the crown area, fortify, not lower the hairline, and then maintain with the consistent usage of propecia and rogaine. Thanks for your reply, also a little worried about too much shock loss of existing hairs, but feel I have enough to maintain thru the process.

please post photos

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

1500 will give you some coverage in your crown but not density. I would advise to shrink the crown and fortify your frontal third and midscalp. A modest estimate to do so is about 3500 I would guess. You can always do less and come back for more if you are not happy, but I feel like in the end, people tend to be happier knocking it out in one shot. (That doesn't mean you won't have to address additional loss, however, at your age, you may be able to get away with it in one shot that you be nice and age appropriate for a very long time).

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

If you are going for strip and a non shave technique, you may be able to get away with it, but your crown may be detectable. You may also get enough initial shock in the recipient that the loss is noticeable. I wouldn't say there is any way to ensure you that someone would not be able to tell.

I saw a guy at a job interview the other day that has had a recent transplant. I don't think that the average person would have caught it, but I did, because I've had one and seen a ton, so, I think in a lot of cases, it is not so noticeable to others, unless the are connected to the industry. You may talk to your doc about doing 2 cases in the 1500-1800 range in going unnoticed is a high priority (which I understand). It will take twice as long to get your final result, and it may be a tad more expensive, but it may reduce some misery in the first 3 to 4 months post op.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

thanks again for the valued information. With the density I have in the back of the head is visibility of the scar ever going to be an issue. I've seen examples of similar looking donor cases, and never one has seen to be an issue. If I proceed I'm banking on products such as Toppik and Cabuki to help me get thru the early stages. I'm also a regular rogaine user and have started with Propecia, all in hopes to stop current hair loss and help with growth and shock if HT. Another planned step was to make regular visits under the laser light

Propecia could make a big difference. I would not advise starting the laser treatment until after you see your propecia results because you won't know what is helping you. (I personally think lasers are a waste of money for the most part with minimal effectiveness at this time IMO.)

I do not think your donor site with your hair like that will be an issue at all.

View Spanker's Website