How many grafts would this take please?

Okay, not starting any more posts today (this is my 3rd - sorry!). Can you people have a look at my pic and let me know how many grafts would be required to achieve this? Thanks a million! P.S. i have a virgin scalp icon_smile.gif

Hair5.thumb.JPG.8b975c1133cd0fe943e857f8f2b4238d.JPG

Okay, not starting any more posts today (this is my 3rd - sorry!). Can you people have a look at my pic and let me know how many grafts would be required to achieve this? Thanks a million! P.S. i have a virgin scalp icon_smile.gif

Are you younger than 25? Then no transplants for you, keep an eye on your hereditary, take pictures every sixth months and consider finasteride. Other than that its wait and see.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Even if hes under 25 and eventually plans to have a transplant down the road then hes going to have to address the hairline anyway.

If I was in his shoes I would leave it as is or go the fue route.

You can always do a big strip later if your hair loss progresses too fast.

This isnt something I would rush into without taking everything into consideration.

If your family is full of nw6-7 and your 20-25 years old then you should probably wait.

Your hair looks fine to me the way it is

Age is rarely, if ever, an absolute determining factor; it is one factor, among many, which needs to be taken into account when making an informed decision.

But ya, I'd agree w/ PGP, Spex and Dakota -- ~1200 seems like a very reasonable number, and that FUE may very well be an ideal route to go, especially with the recent advancements.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks to everyone who's responded on this. I'm 26 (27 in Feb) and hoping to get a ht this year (i've been losing hair since a teenager so really keen to do something about it this year). At the sametime, i concede that things could be a lot worse so counting my blessings also.

Could you guys please expand on the FUE suggestion?

I'm slightly suprised by the low estimations (i.e. 1200) but that would certainly save me some money if that's the case!

Finally, is the PRP treatment (conducted by Dr Fellar) applicable to all regions of the hair - i.e. hairline, temples, crown etc. Appreciate nothings proven yet but just trying to plan my next moves!

Thanks everyone...

I can't speak of PRP for hair loss, but I can tell you that from personal experience it was a god send for my shoulder and elbow. There would be times when I would wake up on a Thursday and barely be able to lift my arm a few inches, and yet after a PRP treatment and some other forms of therapy I would be able to go out and throw on a Saturday at almost 100%. That's why I'm super excited that Dr. Feller is offering it for hair loss because if my hair responds even half as well as my arm did I would be ecstatic.

hi bash.im only on this forum a few months now but from my own research dr feriduni and dr devroye or bisanga seem to be the best in europe and from the states dr feller and smg seem to be at the top for fue.maybe others who are here longer can confirm this or perhaps add some more.

Hi Marvin, both my dad and grandfather (both on fathers side) were bald. Joy icon_smile.gif

As for my mum's side, it's been hard to find out. Lots of mystery on that side of the family!