Donor Shock Loss

I have a small patch at the donor site where not all the native hair has returned. Its not a big deal cosmetically but I am at 9 months post op and typically all the shocked hair should have come back by now in the donor. Has anyone seen delayed donor shock loss grow back past 9 months? I think Agent Eye was seeing similar donor shock loss that had not grown back even at 12 months which still had not returned. I remember Dr. Feller saying that he has never seen a case where donor shock loss did not grow back.

And yes, I am 100% sure its not scar stretching :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

So the area of missing hair is not at or around the scar?

Have you tried routinely applying a small dab of Rogaine foam to the patch of missing hair or tried a topical steroid cream to the area?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Sean - It's really not bad at all and I would not even waste grafts to fix it. Why do you say it would be a big pain to do so?

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

So the area of missing hair is not at or around the scar?

Have you tried routinely applying a small dab of Rogaine foam to the patch of missing hair or tried a topical steroid cream to the area?

Thanks Gill. I have started applying rogain to it so I guess we will see...

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

One other thing that I forgot to mention. If the spot is noticeable enough to where it causes any eye drift, then just use a little make-up to camouflage/hide it when you are out in public. But once you get home, be sure to clean it off before applying a small dab of 5% foam to it. Dermatch is a good option because it colors the scalp very well. Even an eyebrow pencil with just a few dabs can disguise it as long as there is sufficient existing hair around the patch to do a tiny comb over.

Use you fingertip pad to press the foam against the surface of the skin only where there is missing hair. My suggestion is to start with one application at nigh time before bed.

If you still don't see any new growth after 30 days, try applying twice per day but certainly no more than that.

IMHO, any more than that could potentially open up or spread the patch loss and then defeat the rejuvenated growth that you want.

If this occurs then I would immediately stop the minoxidil to the confined patch area and continue to use the make-up/cosmetics until time itself passes and your follicles re-enter the growth phase on their own time table.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Sean - It's really not bad at all and I would not even waste grafts to fix it. Why do you say it would be a big pain to do so?

Well if its not bad, then try to maintain it as much as you can by maybe applying rogaine. Rogaine may or may not grow some hairs in a shockloss area.

When i said pain, i meant going back for another procedure and enduring it again just to correct it. Going through blood tests, shots, then post op care, and using up your days off from work, could all mean the pain. Its a pain to go through all that for most folks. That's what i meant.

Hope you grow enough hairs there so it isnt noticeable. Did the doc or his staff have any tips on how to manage it?