Biofibre hair transplant

Greetings everyone,

Anyone ever heard of this technique ? I have just read an article and googled the technique's name and it looks just like real hair.

Thank you,

K

It was banned in America due to health issues, it caused really bad infections on the scalp leading to all sorts of problems, it was still available in India and Italy and Prague to name a few countries. I have recently seen it though being offered in the UK, I don't know what country you are in but if its being offered in the UK I imagine it is now deemed fit for purpose here.

I imagine a lot of people will advise against it because of its previous health problems, but of you are thinking about it id do some real research into it and look at some of the issues, it has caused people, That being said these were all a few decades ago so maybe now they have a safe way of doing them, but definatley research it all before making a decision

I'm not aware of any advances in this procedure that make it less dangerous. Research very carefully. There are many stories to be found of guys that were horribly scarred by synthetic hair transplants.

Another thing to keep in mind is that these fibers won't last forever, unlike transplanting natural hair that grows and renews itself. They will fade and break over time.

• Like 1

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

there are not many reviews for it on the internet, mostly just horror stories from the 80's and people advising not to have it done because of it! I think the best way would be to get in contact with some of the clinics and see if they can put you in touch with both happy and unhappy patients so you can make your own decision! I must admit its tempting to try especially as if its being offered in the uk where i am then id say twas relatively safe here, one thing that puts me off is potential on going visit to clinics for upkeep not so much replacing them when they fall but keeping them looking fresh as they are not like normal hairs where they grow and get cut, i imagine they start to deter shortly afterwards

• Like 1

• 9 years later...

I am going to have my first Biobre HT next month after doing tons of research and meeting couple of pateints also who have done the Artificial HT have convinced me this procedure is safe provided it needs a strict cleaning regime after the HT

• Face Palm 1

14 minutes ago, Ash1975 said:

I am going to have my first Biobre HT next month after doing tons of research and meeting couple of pateints also who have done the Artificial HT have convinced me this procedure is safe provided it needs a strict cleaning regime after the HT

It was related not only with skin infections but with skin cancer also. Its banned in many countries so be really careful about it.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Nido hair fibre implantation is nothing new. In the late 70’s and 80’s it was heavily marketed as a solution to baldness. I was lucky that Dr Richard Shiell talked me out of this. The fibres are anchored into the scalp but over time they break off and need to be replaced. Ultimately your scalp will end up taking on the pocked appearance of say the surface of an orange. Infection and tiny scars are also another risky side effect of this procedure. The body will naturally want to reject these implanted fibres. 

True there are advantages and disadvantages for Artifcial HT all the reviews and posts in regards to Artificial HT in the forums are way old going back more then ten years old in the last couple of years Artifical HT have progressed and considered safe and the numbers are growing and many clinics across UK and Europe are offering this treatment especially for the pateints who are suffering from alocpecia areata or have a weak donor and perhaps does all the wonders for the pateints who have done a traditional HT but failed achieve thick density

• Face Palm 1