SMP for old Bosley scar repair - HIS or NHI ?

As my new hair from my Konior procedures continues to grow in I am thinking to cut my hair shorter this summer, also to help me deal easier with my scalp eczema as some of you may know that I have chronically.

Problem is I have a nasty Bosley FUT scar that is low and cannot be revised through surgery, so I need to SMP it in and I am thinking of going with one of the current major leaders in this new industry, either HIS or NHI.

Which one do you guys recommend from past experience or from an overall perspective for SMP scar repair?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I'd say it depends on how you want to approach it.

I think HIS are more conservative when it comes to scars and personally I think that's good when you are dealing with permanent ink.

If you want to be even more cautious then HIS are now doing temporary ink as well.

Not sure this industry is new to HIS either, they have been going since 2002.

How big is your scar? Pics? Red/Pink? Raised?

Hi El Nino,

The length of your hair would be my goal, but not sure I would ever be able to wear that short.

My bosley scar has under 100 grafts growing in it now and is white and slightly raised. The whiteness is actually the problem as it really sticks out compared to surrounding area. The hair there is currently long so pictures don't do it justice but will try to post one.

Actually I'm looking for an aggressive approach and want this to be a permanent solution, likely the last thing I will do to my head/hair. I just don't want it to turn blue and have to get it lasered off later.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

I think white and flat is good compared to red/pink and bumpy.

If I were you I would do your bosley scar and your recent one from Konior.

With my scar to start with they matched the colour with my shaved hair and it looked great until it faded. I have had my scar touched up now and gone two shades darker to compensate for the fading. I will update my thread after the short term fading.

If you go too dark to start with and the ink holds too well, which is highly unlikely but possible, then you could end up with a black line instead of a scar. So this is why I think the conservative and wait and see approach is good when you are using permanent ink. It is easier, cheaper and less painful to add more ink than getting ink lasered off.

If my scar were to noticeably change colour in the future then I would just go back to how I was wearing my hair before the SMP.

those are good points El Nino

how many procedures did you have before it faded? and how long after did the fading happen?

I guess better to go conservative as you mentioned with permanent.

go dense or go home

Guest Medispa

Hi,

FUt scare can be repaired as we can Transplant some hair roots from the back side oif scalp to the place of scar, or if you are planing for second sitting of Hair Transplant ask your doc to give you Trichophytic clouser so that there will be no scare after 7 , 8 months

this particular Bosley scar cannot be revised as too low almost on my neck and currently has some transplanted grafts into it

go dense or go home

Flat and white scars are generally fine for SMP. Pink, concave or raised are usually not conducive. I would recommend you have a test area done first to see how the pigment holds up.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

those are good points El Nino

how many procedures did you have before it faded? and how long after did the fading happen?

I guess better to go conservative as you mentioned with permanent.

I'd had two sessions one week apart and 4 weeks after my second session it had faded enough to warrant a touch up, which I had two weeks ago. It has faded somewhat now but I don't think completely.

Everyone is different but I think short term fading happens somewhere after 6-8 weeks. And it's still possible for fading to occur after then too.

hairthere made a good point about getting a patch test done first to see how your scar reacts to the ink.

Thanks HairThere and El Nino,

This is something I'm going to have to think over more seriously.

So even with "permanent SMP" it still fades? Wow this changes a lot for me as I want to have 2-3 sessions and forget about it, the purpose of doing this is to cut my hair hair shorter for a positive change.

How did you know it was fading El Nino? Did someone say your scars were noticeable again, or did you just notice it naturally? Four weeks after having two sessions of perm. ink seems so fast, you're only getting one month out of your investment!

And in order to really make it permanent you think it's better to space out the sessions over longer periods of time? Maybe have it done months apart?

go dense or go home

Ah so the "fading" is actually part of the process, got it.

I thought you meant the results had faded. I was only basing it on your comments that it had faded, not on the images.

cheers

go dense or go home

I want to have 2-3 sessions and forget about it, the purpose of doing this is to cut my hair hair shorter for a positive change.

I think you will get a permanent benefit from "permanent" SMP in your scars. It will help you wear your hair much shorter. It has certainly helped me immensely. You will need a few goes to get it right. Ideally a session or series of initial sessions, followed by a wait of a few months followed by a touch up.

Thanks Scar5, sounds like it worked well for you.

I never have been one to cut my hair short, but it is currently something I'm really looking forward to doing.

That is the current plan, some initial sessions followed by a later procedure.

Will post results here if I go through with it.

go dense or go home

Thanks HairThere and El Nino,

This is something I'm going to have to think over more seriously.

So even with "permanent SMP" it still fades? Wow this changes a lot for me as I want to have 2-3 sessions and forget about it, the purpose of doing this is to cut my hair hair shorter for a positive change.

How did you know it was fading El Nino? Did someone say your scars were noticeable again, or did you just notice it naturally? Four weeks after having two sessions of perm. ink seems so fast, you're only getting one month out of your investment!

And in order to really make it permanent you think it's better to space out the sessions over longer periods of time? Maybe have it done months apart?

The guy that did my SMP said it would last for at least 5 years. and that any touchups at that time would only be $500, so... I dont know. it depends on where you go. I think HIS does the best job out there. I went to a clinic here is Arizona that claims to have the same process. They're DermiMatch Hair Clinic, and it only cost me $1,000, but if money is no object, then I would go to HIS hair Clinic (based on the results I've seen)