Concealing Temple Point Redness Postop

Going to be getting hairline work done in a few days and wondering if anyone has had success concealing redness at the temple points post op. I plan to have the temple points modified a lot, probably something like 800 grafts. So I figure the redness there will stand out like a sore thumb, and there's no hair long enough nearby to really cover it. I tanned the area beforehand, but that will only help so much.

I've stocked up on dermablend concealers and foundation and plan to give my best shot with that 2 weeks post surgery, but not really sure how that's going to turn out. I bought some of the green colored anti-red dermablend too.

Anyone have success concealing temple point work? Any tips or heads up appreciated too

Tanning beds wont suffice alone, additional action should be taken. I suggest Pinning MT2 followed by a couple tans during the loading phase, which will turn you golden olive/brown.

Grow bangs out, especially the corners where it drapes and hangs over the temple point. Keep this particular area growing, and avoid cutting. When you see your barber, let him know about how the bangs need to grow and fold over the temple points

I did exactly what watch4norwoods did and it worked pretty well. I've had a total of about 1k grafts into TPs. Using vitamin E or Emu oil can help with post op redness, too.

How many grafts are you going for Rootz and who is your surgeon?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Is MT2 the tanning injection? I don't know, think that would be too extreme for me. I did grow out my bangs, but the temple work I'm doing will go down to the sideburns so I a large chunk cannot be covered. I'm hoping I can cover the exposed redness with liquid Dermablend but I get this feeling the redness will still bleed through.

I would be really careful that anything you put on there does not harm growth. A lot of docs say it is ok after the first week or two - but again just be really careful with anything on your skin especially anything waterproof.

Most people will not say anything even if they notice it (which most will not).

If you do not want to tell anyone who asks you could just say you had an allergic reaction to a hotel's shampoo sample. If your hair is curly you could say you had a problem with ingrown hairs because of your curly hair.

You could also just mutter under your breath 'Darn Lice' and the word will spread and everyone leave you alone about it :)

Good luck!

Agreed with GFI, Rootz don't use any concealers on the grafted area post-op you could ruin your procedure.

Try to come up with a good story and stick it out without using anything. I've heard stories from several major clinics about people doing harm with the concealers.

Though it's too late, the only thing I could have recommend is a procedure with Dr. Konior as I had some temple work done by him early this winter and after 4 days there was only a very slight hint any work was done at all.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Interesting, I may just forget about concealers then and come up with a story. The one about shampoo seems plausible, thanks GoForIt.

I did exactly what watch4norwoods did and it worked pretty well. I've had a total of about 1k grafts into TPs. Using vitamin E or Emu oil can help with post op redness, too.

Though it's too late, the only thing I could have recommend is a procedure with Dr. Konior as I had some temple work done by him early this winter and after 4 days there was only a very slight hint any work was done at all.

Didn't you still have scabs 4 days post op, or did it not matter because were they covered by your other hair?

How many grafts are you going for Rootz and who is your surgeon?

Somehow missed your post, I'll try throwing vitamin E into the mix. Just got back from surgery with Feriduni and the total grafts were ~2500, about 600 of those went into the temples.