Minoxidil Vs Lasercomb

ohnomahair

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and wanted to hear some advice.

I've been using the lasercomb for 4months now and my hair looks thin as ever! I guess it's more manageable? But nothing drastic... Thus I wonder should I switch over to minoxidil? I was using it a year back, however i hated the zits it gave me on my forehead (I did see regrowth at the temple region). But then began using the lasercomb and quit minoxidil... And voila my hairline began to recedeicon_frown.gif ..( I'm hoping this is just shedding... but at 4months?)

Any tips or thoughts?

Ohnomahair,

Minoxidil has been proven to halt or slow loss for many users, and in some cases grow hair where as the benefits of the laser comb are still widely debated. Since you have already experienced regrowth from Minoxidil in the past, I'd give it another shot. Have you tried Rogaine foam?

Also, I see no reason why you can't use both at the same time.

Maxxy more eloquently put his good thoughts than I would. You may get good results with Rogaine, not all do, but some folks do. You are wasting your time and money with a lasercomb.

Rather than restart a huge blog, there is an excellent one already on this forum started by Dr. Feller last year discussing the merits and shortcomings of laser therapy.

I'd suggest you just look at the controversy sparked by that thread...

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I have to agree with Dr Lindsey on this one. Minoxidil is a highly accepted, effective form of treatment. If it was working and didn't cause highly adverse reactions, I'd probably keep using it.

As far as Low Level Laser Therapy is concerned - the jury is still out, but I've seen some pretty compelling arguments (including Dr Feller's), which make it controversial and questionable at best.

Let us know what you choose and feel free to ask any further questions.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

The HairMax LaserComb is a huge scam. It is a total ripoff and there is no evidence that it works, not even a little bit.

Their studies show a DECREASE in hair. LESS hair than the control group. NO ONE has reported success with this garbage device.

Ask your money back if it is still possible. And spread the world so that these cheap scum will stop making money from the balding community.

Low Level Laser Therapy is ineffective. WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

Rogaine does work. Give it a try for a few months and see how that goes.

ply

I'm curious to why people are so against LLT it's FDA approved, (promotional link removed) and there is evidence for the comb. I myself have not yet seen great success and will be trying for my money back soon. OR an extended warranty depending on what they allow.

Even Dateline did a very very subjective research on treatments for mpb, and found the hairmax effective. (surely lexinton can't have billions to pay off everyone?)

THE LASERCOMB IS A SCAM.

Dude, the media doesn't understand hairloss they just want something that will make a good story.

Also, ***IT HAS NOT BEEN FDA APPROVED***.

It is ONLY CLEARED for *SAFETY* not for hair regrowth, only SAFETY. They cleverly word this on their website. But it is only safe, not effective.

Even in their own study they find that the placebo group did better!

I have not heard a single person or a single bit of anecdotal evidence that this garbage device does anything!

It's a waste of time and money.

Low Level laser Therapy and the Hairmax Lasercomb = Scam, ripoff.

It is NOT FDA approved. Only cleared for safety.

Try the LASERCOMB! and give it some time, I looked in the mirror the other day and saw small hairs growing on my temple region! I'm stoked! If you read my last post I was angry because I didin't think the comb was working, however after the 4 month mark, suddenly it seems like its just kicking in for me...The lasercomb is not only FDA approved for safety, its funny how people believe that if somethiing is to good to be true then it is. Wrong mentality when trying to regrow hair. I dealt with acne and conquered it, now im going to conquer my hair loss (mostly by being proactive)

I think a younger generation will soon be seen with hair! FDA approved items for hair LOSS include Finasteride (beats DHT) Minoxidil (growth stimulant) and the laser comb (growth stimulant).

Many people on here are far to skeptical, I give the laser comb the thumbs up personally.

• 2 months later...

I have recently had a hair transplant and my surgeon recommended trying the laser comb I have only had it a few days and Im sceptical of what it will acheive, I will stick with it for 12 months and see what the results are. I have tried minoxidil for 2 years with little success, though it may have stopped the shedding. I also used alpecin caffeine shampoo and liquid for 12 months though I did not see any benefit to this. I will post pictures every month to show any progress.