Can't hide it anymore, a good thing

Octamus

So I'm 3.5 months post op and I cant hide my results. I got a call from a family member recently who said "Hey did you doing something with your hair while you were away?" My response No, why? " It seem to be growing back!"

I can't believe the difference in such a small space of time. Big difference between 2.5 months and 3.5 months.

At month 2.5 your kinda thinking, maybe this didn't work.

At month 3.5 your kinda thinking this is awesome, should have done it years ago.

Also, I went to my regular hair dresser last week for a number 2 on the back and sides. He spotted the OP straight away, He said it was the cleanest procedure he had ever seen. He has seen many before me and many scares. He seemed to be familiar with the process and the procedure. He even told me just to wait a couple more months till the hair gets really strong..

Very happy how this has panned out, much easier than expected.

My observation, If your going upwards of 1500 - 2000 grafts in the frontal area people are going to know, a good thing I guess? :)

Edited by Octamus

Congratulations Octamus! That is amazing for such a short period of time! I am three and a half months post-op myself and can't hide my results either, except not in a good way. Massive shockloss has left me with little left in front except bigger grafts and visible pitting from a couple of HT's in the 90's. Hopefully I'm just a late bloomer and can post up some exciting news myself in the coming months. Who was your surgeon?

Congratulations Octamus! That is amazing for such a short period of time! I am three and a half months post-op myself and can't hide my results either, except not in a good way. Massive shockloss has left me with little left in front except bigger grafts and visible pitting from a couple of HT's in the 90's. Hopefully I'm just a late bloomer and can post up some exciting news myself in the coming months. Who was your surgeon?

I really wouldn't worry about growth at 3.5 months mate......it's not worth it.

I was regarded as an earlier grower, but at 3.5 months I still looked pretty raw. By month 5-6 it was a completely different story. You're only just getting started now, with the fun part kicking in!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

I went to Dr. Robert Haber who is very well regarded on this forum and in the industry. My expectations were to expect nothing until month six, so I'm obviously a long ways off yet. The shockloss/pitting issue I mentioned just has me a little extra anxious for results as I have an office job that I obviously can't wear a hat to. So...my morning routine now rivals my wife's with all the attention to hair. lol!

Not familiar with Dr. Feriduni, but I am relatively new here. Where is he located, and is he one of the network surgeons?

yeah that's exactly what I was going to do ;) although now that's its done, I think I would be ok telling certain people around me.. I definitely think Rooney took a lot of stigma away from this type of procedure. He educated a lot of people on something they otherwise would never have come across... or know about..

A couple of people I have spoke to have called it "a Rooney"

Glad you're getting early growth. I am also at 3.5 months and would really like to see some of your pics

Scott

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

I'm five half months post OP, and let me tell you the difference in diameter, and density of the hair caliber between 5 - 6 months thus far will be a huge leap, and I'm only starting to notice this now within the last couple weeks,

Hair started growing at 2 half months post OP, but the real deal wont be evident till after

Most people on average will have full growth of hair between 3-6 months, after that it's mainly maturation (density, thickness of hair caliber) which cosmetically speaking will be the biggest improvement as far as aesthetics are concerned.

The early months I found were hard in terms of appreciation because of the kinkiness, and wispy like appearance, but it will get better, much better over time. I'm only starting to realize this now.